Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:01   #91
BHPian

Re: My Gypsy Modification Under Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Umm, Is this car going to be safe enough?? Good effort, but I shall reserve my comments till the thing is completed..
As per all technical norms, I have studied very deep to make it as light and very much safe to drive and thanks for your comment.
Old 7th February 2011, 00:16   #92
BHPian

First test drive report:-
The main thing which i was having a lot of fear is of the weight but for the engine it was no issue to pull it up. Second i got a lot of attraction and good compliments from the road side viewers. Here are some pics
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_011.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_012.jpg  

Old 18th February 2011, 23:46   #93
BHPian

Guys just got my paint prepared specially from my Dad's best friend shop. He just produced a excellent shade. Here are some pics while the shade has base of RED which transform itself to GOLDEN GREEN when exposed to sunlight.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_052.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_053.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_054.jpg  

Old 19th February 2011, 11:28   #94
Senior - BHPian

the wheel wells and fenders are too small to accomodate bigger tyres to compliment or match the size of the vehicle.

the rear over hang is too much, it drags the vehicle down!

the front windscreen and the B pillar are not in the right combination, i find the windscreen higher than the B pillar.

im still not sure about the driver's seat, you can see the current sitting arrangement, the head of the driver is almost at the same level as the B pillar. the steering wheel, the driver seat, the height of the windscreen and the B pillar, they all need to compliment each other for safety reasons.

i dont see a good finished product, but landing up in the wacky & wierd thread (no ofference to the owner and his efforts, but the end result is W&W)!
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_012.jpg  

Old 19th February 2011, 12:37   #95
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
As per all technical norms, I have studied very deep to make it as light and very much safe to drive and thanks for your comment.
Do you even know what are the technical norms regarding safety?
I dont even see a 'B' pillar,it is just sheet metal work. I am sure if you punch it hard enough its going to give up,let alone support vehicle's weight in an event of desperate measures. And I dont see a roll cage.
Whats wrong with front fender and rear overhang?
Seems like suffering from elephantaisis!
Old 19th February 2011, 13:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
the wheel wells and fenders are too small to accomodate bigger tyres to compliment or match the size of the vehicle.

the rear over hang is too much, it drags the vehicle down!

the front windscreen and the B pillar are not in the right combination, i find the windscreen higher than the B pillar.

im still not sure about the driver's seat, you can see the current sitting arrangement, the head of the driver is almost at the same level as the B pillar. the steering wheel, the driver seat, the height of the windscreen and the B pillar, they all need to compliment each other for safety reasons.

i dont see a good finished product, but landing up in the wacky & wierd thread (no ofference to the owner and his efforts, but the end result is W&W)!
As, I already said the fender flares are made according to bigger tyres to accommodate that much space. Plus the overall height is to be increased and leveled and the front windscreen is not in combination due to its improper leveling. I will post the new pictures within few days.
Old 19th February 2011, 13:59   #97
Senior - BHPian

No offense at all Aakash but even after painting, it'll best be suitable as a "BAND BAJA BARAAT" car. The JEEP RENEGADE (2008) vision you had is lost somehere just behind the headlights.
First test drive & that even with such low tyre pressure in front !! beats me !!
With bigger tyres, I believe you mean fatter tyres, aka DHABWALI style.

Since its your own chopshop, I think you can still do some corrections before someone puts her in W&W thread. Have another look at Renegade pic you posted on page 1 of your thread.

Raab Rakha.
Old 20th February 2011, 00:55   #98
BHPian

Here are the pics too show the main purpose of the extended flares. A 1feet broader tire accommodate to this design as a stock and i fully cant copy that jeep renegade because of two main reason. First, I don't have a perfect die casting of sheet metal to match up the exact picture. Second the biggest reason of copyright and moreover it was just a inspiration nothing was related to copy that. Plus the all design which, I created was in my mind.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_056.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_057.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-image_058.jpg  

Old 20th February 2011, 01:08   #99
Senior - BHPian

Just stumbled on this thread. Never came in here earlier, as i thought it was a regular gypsy mod.

I get your design inspiration, but it is very very hard to comment at this stage right now. Probably nearer completion, it may be easier, but now, its seems that it requires a lot of drastic change to ensure it does not look bad

Try to make the wheel arches bigger. For a project like this, you need less overhang, wide wheel arches and high GC, with big wheels. Also, change the front
Old 31st May 2011, 22:56   #100
BHPian

Sorry everyone for the late reply but, I hope this update will be helpful to tell whether my work is going good or not.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-31052011235.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-31052011237.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-310520112321.jpg  

Old 9th June 2011, 12:46   #101
BHPian

theagcustoms- you are really spending so much of dough for this project,but my frank opinion is, its looking like a whacky mod job done on an ambassador.i just hope for you that it does come out well . anyway best of luck.
Old 9th June 2011, 13:11   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
Sorry everyone for the late reply but, I hope this update will be helpful to tell whether my work is going good or not.
Im being brutally honest here. NO! IF you do find a customer for this thogh, please cut your losses and sell her!
Old 9th June 2011, 15:13   #103
Team-BHP Support

Oh boy. This will surely land in Weird and Wacky thread. Well to be honest, if it was wacky, it would be okay, but this falls surely in the realm of weird.
Would do a good job as a circus vehicle, but I am sure that was not the original intention!
Old 9th June 2011, 15:33   #104
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

One can see the effort that has gone into this one, but it sadly if likely to be a bit W&W. If something could be done about the front windshield (get it back angular) as well as something to loose the sideways curves on the rear this could be salvaged, but it seems hard.

This ofcourse in only from the point of view of a third party buyer, if it is for self use, then what one sure is free do do as one likes and to live ones dream.

Wish it had the straight lines back and that the fendors were done up in somekind of abs / fiber at right angles to the body rather than the angles that it has presently.

This kind of looks like the special M&M vehicles that the ATS sqad has obtained in mumbai and other places but in a curvy sort of manner.

The head room is another thing that is not too clear from the snaps.

Buy yes the effort and passion is definately visible.
Old 9th June 2011, 19:42   #105
Senior - BHPian

I guess this is what happens when a Gypsy spends (not-so-) quality time with an Amby.

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 9th June 2011 at 19:48.

Most Viewed