Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 00:44   #106
BHPian

Re: My Gypsy Modification Under Process

Sad, you could have just gifted the gypsy to me.

Next time, if there is one, get everything first on the chart, then do a 3D and then venture into something like this ( err hopefully not like THIS, but something other than this). If one is blessed with surplus, there is always charity.

P.s: and those buses, let them have safety windows and exit in case of an emergency.
Old 10th June 2011, 00:46   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I guess this is what happens when a Gypsy spends (not-so-) quality time with an Amby.

man thats killing a gypsy and an amby with the same stone

Mods please merge!
Old 10th June 2011, 12:25   #108
BANNED

I do not mean to discourage the OP, I can only applaud the enthusiasm to build from scratch - the garage inventors attitude needs to be cherished!!

However there will be a day when you feel the need to recover your investment and move on with a new project. No road user of a regular car is likely to buy this "Thing" but you will find a good chance with a Travelling Circus or Marriage Baraat band party if you make it real "Chakachuk" with mirror pieces and red colours and all.

Keep up the DIY spirit!

--Ragul

Last edited by Ragul : 10th June 2011 at 12:28.
Old 21st June 2011, 11:02   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
I have zero knowledge of fabrication but frankly what I think is that for such kind of work you should not start with a pre-body. Infact you should build the entire body from scratch one a bare ladder. To start with Gypsy is as narrow as it gets. I'm not blaming the vehicle but that how it's designed (read: Jap) on the other hand you are trying to create something which is American. The key words are Low and Wide. See another thing which I feel is very wrong is that the huge fender flares dont go well against the narrow steeper side walls. If the side walls were a lot less steeper and flowed down gently it would have merged into the fender flares gracefully. IMHO you need to rethink that part. It's looking as if the "SUV" would not be able to stand up on it's feet due to the huge flares.
Another thing which I always feel with wide designs is that there should be sufficient use of "angles" - you know flowing or sliding or inclined as you may call it looks better on wide side walls than steeper side walls / steeper angle - if you know what I mean.
When doing side walls you could dream a few things already. Like starting wide and then going thinner as you reach the top.

Having said that I really love the amount of effort and passion you have put into this.
I don't want to discourage you but I saw it coming when you started the project. I think you should carefully choose a paint when doing this car. Also, try to powder coat the flares and bumpers.
Old 3rd September 2011, 16:56   #110
BHPian

Finally the outcome is here. But still some things to be done.
Attached Thumbnails
My Gypsy Modification Under Process-28082011297.jpg  

My Gypsy Modification Under Process-28082011298.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2011, 17:17   #111
BHPian

Why is there a open in the center of door ? or is it an paint job which is confusing me ?

Hats off to you on this bold effort which no one dared. but the final look is like, the Gypsy is missing something, i really can't tell what but its missing something.

Did you check the vehicle for safety ?
jp2u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:20   #112
BHPian

The open space in the door is a criss cross mesh grill, just to give a design. The missing part in it is the foldable roof which is in process of making. This roof will be fixed bolt on roof made of light weight material.
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:33   #113
Senior - BHPian

no hard feeling on your efforts, time & money spent on the "Gypsy"!

but this vehicles belongs to the W&W thread or The Great India Circus to take the clowns for a round!

please dont make fun of your self and be the butt of jokes!
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 17:43   #114
BHPian

I agree with Parm, this belongs to WnW thread. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to be seen even, around that thing.

However I appreciate your effort. Though the end result is disaster, I am sure next time you will get it right. Sometimes a failure is necessary for (future) success. Remember, never a failure, always a lesson.
Old 3rd September 2011, 18:00   #115
BHPian

Sorry to say to the replies the people are making, but my efforts are much more better then any other who creates a thing from his own ideas and efforts in our country.
Old 3rd September 2011, 19:29   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS
Finally the outcome is here. But still some things to be done.
I like the quality of the paint job.
It certainly looks different.
I appreciate your efforts to materialize your concept.
Don't get discouraged by negative comments.
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:12   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post
Sorry to say to the replies the people are making, but my efforts are much more better then any other who creates a thing from his own ideas and efforts in our country.
Well buddy, if you are posting your car's pics here, asking for feedback or opinions, then you should be open to criticisms as well. Not everyone will agree with you or have the same taste as you.

Well, coming to your project, like others, I really really appreciate your effort, hard work & most importantly, the guts & initiative to try something different. but sadly, the end result was not very good, in my humble opinion.

Your car looks way out of proportion. Of course, some parts do look well executed in bits & parts or in isolation but as a whole, especially considering this is a Gypsy, you could have turned it into a real monster. This is not what i would like a wonderful gypsy being converted into.

I am again saying, your efforts deserve an applaud but next time you try something like this, make a 3-D model & then touch the car. That would save your time, money & effort.

Best of luck for your future projects. Can you post some interior pics as well?
Old 3rd September 2011, 20:38   #118
BHPian

Note from Moderator : Moderator actions are NOT permitted to be discussed on the public forum. Please READ OUR RULES

Last edited by GTO : 14th September 2011 at 14:04. Reason: Moderator actions are NOT permitted to be discussed on the public forum. Please READ OUR RULES
Aston.Martin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2011, 23:18   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEAGCUSTOMS View Post

Just your Ideas dear AG, just your ideas. If one would have the patience to go through the site, there wouldnt be that 'thing' that you created from your own 'ideas'. And from this same 'country'.

A gypsy is way better than a 'thing' which is not so much of a 'thing' either!

I have this strange feeling, The Team now has an in-house W an W designer. (Who probably goes by the name AGWWD?)

I do not know you, I know the gypsy and love it.

Why don't you put up a poll, which goes, is this the best 'thing' that happened to the w and w thread?

But hey, Thanks for all the effort! Making people laugh is sorta tough these days!

Last edited by YaeJay : 3rd September 2011 at 23:36.
Old 4th September 2011, 00:11   #120
Senior - BHPian

Dear Akash Its a good effort,considering that you have spent good time on this project.May be a rectangular wnsheild would have given it a Baja Dune Buggy appearence.Still you can change it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks