Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2009, 17:33   #1
BHPian

Hardtop for '90 Mazda Miata Mx-5

Hi Guys, Just Picked Up A Mazda Miata Mx-5 Soft Top Popup Lights. I Need A Hard Top For Her Now. Please Let Me Know If Anyone Has One Or Knows Any One Selling A Hard Top For Her. There Was One Sold In Jalandar For 20 K Recently But I Missed It. Also Want To Have An Idea From You Experts That What Should I Spend To Buy One .

Please Help.
varun m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2009, 10:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If you really want a hard top, pick it up from the many online Miata stores. Personally, I'd stick it out with a soft top Miata.

Congrats on a fun to drive car.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:28   #3
BHPian

thanks gto,

from the online stores, it turns out to be pretty expensive, so was looking out for some miata owner over here who would be interested in selling one to me.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If you really want a hard top, pick it up from the many online Miata stores. Personally, I'd stick it out with a soft top Miata.

Congrats on a fun to drive car.
Old 8th December 2009, 19:56   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun m View Post
thanks gto,

from the online stores, it turns out to be pretty expensive, so was looking out for some miata owner over here who would be interested in selling one to me.

Thanks.
Why would anyone want to sell their hardtop unless their Miata needs to be scrapped?
Old 8th December 2009, 22:30   #5
BHPian

YOU NEVER KNOW....THIS GUY IN JALANDHAR SOLD HIS CAR WITHOUT THE TOP... HAD THE TOP LEFT BUT WAS SOLD 3 MONTHS BACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Why would anyone want to sell their hardtop unless their Miata needs to be scrapped?
Old 8th December 2009, 22:39   #6
Senior - BHPian

Any specific reason for opting to go in for the hard top? Most people who drive Miatas prefer the top-down option, and its definitely car with tonnes of potential (not to mention the immense fun-factor).
How much does it cost to buy the top straight off the shelf?
Old 8th December 2009, 22:42   #7
BHPian

More important: dude how about some snaps of the miata?? and some other details..
Old 11th December 2009, 11:10   #8
BHPian

ITS ONLY THAT I WANT TO USE IT AS A EVERYDAY CAR....SOFT TOP DEFINATELY IN THE NIGHT WITH THE TOP DOWN...PLUS DELHI SUMMERS EXPLAIN IT ALL....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Any specific reason for opting to go in for the hard top? Most people who drive Miatas prefer the top-down option, and its definitely car with tonnes of potential (not to mention the immense fun-factor).
How much does it cost to buy the top straight off the shelf?
600 USD + CARGO + 30% DUTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
More important: dude how about some snaps of the miata?? and some other details..
YES I WILL UPLOAD THEM....JUST IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING THE ALLOYS AND GETING THE MAZDA SPORTS WHITE STRIPES IN THE CENTRE OF THE CAR ( FRONT TO BACK )

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Please avoid typing the entire post in capital letters, or capitalising the first letter of every word. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 15th December 2009 at 04:57. Reason: Note added.
Old 15th December 2009, 01:59   #9
BHPian

Oooh an NA Miata in India?!? That's awesome! Is it a JDM import? What mods are you planning to put on it? Let me know if you need any help with the mods.

P.S.: 20K for a hardtop sounds bloody cheap! I sold mine in the US for about $850. Would've gotten a bit less but the guy I sold it to had an NB Miata and he couldn't find any NB hardtops for less than $1K so he took mine.

Most Viewed