Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 17:34   #1
BHPian

Laura Projectors on Santro

I just got Skoda Laura's headlamps installed on my Santro. Will use the projectors as fog lamps. Thought I would share the pics with you guys.

Details -

Car - 2005 Hyundai Santro
Installer - Mukesh from Driven

I did not carry a digicam so apologies for the shady pics captured with a cell phone.

Photo 1 & 2 - The cheap fog lamps I had before the upgrade. Worthless stuff.

Photo 3 - The Skoda Laura Projectors.

Photo 4 - The Projectors inside a white plastic casing. We used M Seal putty to seal the units and keep water and dust out.

Photo 5 - Drying in the sun.

Photo 6 - Cheap Chinese HID kit. I wanted 4300K but it was not available so had to get 6000K

Photo 7 - Fitting and installation on the plastic panel. The plastic panel was a new set that I purchased from Hyundai. Innovative and out of the box work by Mukesh at Driven. Guys is awesome.

Photo 8 & 9 - Wiring and HID balasts being fitted.

Photo 10 - The end product.

I will post more pics of the actual lights in action once it gets darker. Eventhough its winter and its evening now in Delhi, I will wait till it becomes completely dark.

Hopefully it will be bright and powerful.

Thank you AzA and Noidaboy for giving me direction when I was confused and searching for options.
Attached Thumbnails
Laura Projectors on Santro-image048.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image049.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image050.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image051.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image052.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image053.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image055.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image056.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image057.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-image054.jpg  

Old 19th December 2009, 18:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Very nice , where did you source the skoda projectors ? , how much for each . Excellent . Do post pics of lights in action .
Old 20th December 2009, 02:12   #3
BHPian

hi , remember me at driven . fire it up bro . want to see them in action !
Old 20th December 2009, 08:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

please give cost details for this installation, how is the performance?
Old 21st December 2009, 10:20   #5
BHPian

Congo,So you did it,

Glad it worked out for you.

did you take out the cutout?
Old 21st December 2009, 14:01   #6
BHPian

In action - blaaaah

Brothers I have a lil bit of a sad news. Eventhough the installation went fine, the light that the projectors are generating are quite insufficient. I can easily tell that its a problem with the focus.

I will have to uninstall and adjust/align and then install again. It will be a tough job and will require a lot of time. My schedule at work and the party season will not allow me the time so it will have to wait till the 2nd week of Jan 2010. I will keep you all updated.

I will post some pics of the lights when they are on in a couple of days. Any observations and suggestions will be very welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Very nice , where did you source the skoda projectors ? , how much for each ......
@black12rr - The projectors were sourced from the Jama Masjid area for Rs.1200 a pair. Chinese HIDs were for Rs. 3800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amangujral06 View Post
hi , remember me at driven ....
@aman - Ofcourse I remember ya bro. Wish me luck so that I can fix the issue and post pics of a successful install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
.....how is the performance?
@Spike - Lets say that there is a lot to be desired

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Congo,.....
did you take out the cutout?
@noidaboy - Yep the cut out had to be removed. Bro any thoughts or direct would be appreciated. Talk to ya soon.
Old 21st December 2009, 22:17   #7
BANNED

The problem could be with the way projectors are installed .I have also arranged the Laura projectors as a DIY .But i donot know the OEM bulb used in Laura for Low And high bean along with the K, Temp of same.I tried the projectors today at night with Halonix 55 W bulb and it was good but i know with a HID i will do justice to it.

Regards
Old 21st December 2009, 22:49   #8
BHPian

laura uses two model of projectors

the lower model have h7 (without xenon) and the upper model uses the D2s models(xenon)

the one you used is the D2s and i think the hid you used is the h7 ,so the focus will not be upto the mark

secondly i think you have focus issues just try focusiing the projector upwards and do it on a black out area with no lights so that you can adjust it in perfect way
Old 21st December 2009, 23:03   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin View Post
laura uses two model of projectors

the lower model have h7 (without xenon) and the upper model uses the D2s models(xenon)

the one you used is the D2s and i think the hid you used is the h7 ,so the focus will not be upto the mark

secondly i think you have focus issues just try focusiing the projector upwards and do it on a black out area with no lights so that you can adjust it in perfect way
Could you please tell me which bulb will go in these as OEM Bulbs (HID's) .These are original Laura Low Beam projectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Laura Projectors on Santro-dsc00512-medium.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-dsc00513-medium.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-dsc00514-medium.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2009, 09:07   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
Could you please tell me which bulb will go in these as OEM Bulbs (HID's) .These are original Laura Low Beam projectors.
sorry to say bu these are not the Laura projectors ,these are octavia's fog lamp projectors(which comes in extreme corners)

they uses H3 bulbs for the same they doesnt improve any visibility but do help in fogs
Old 22nd December 2009, 13:15   #11
BHPian

Well the focus issue will be there as pointed out by smokinn until you get the correct bulb.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:33   #12
BANNED

@smokin : Thanks . 800 Rs not much satisfaction . Anyways as the OP has shown i have got another set of those today and they have a D2S base .

@Diiesoline : Where have you sourced the D2S Hid or you still using H7 from Driven ?In rohini no one has this .I do not intend to hijack your thread .
I am putting the pics for reference of others .

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Laura Projectors on Santro-dsc00518-medium.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-dsc00521-medium.jpg  

Laura Projectors on Santro-dsc00522-medium.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2009, 19:44   #13
BHPian

please mention the price of both projectors.I am looking forward to install in my zen
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:29   #14
BANNED

@bugatti_86 : The OP i.e @diiesoline got his from Jama Masjid Area in Delhi for Rs 1200 /- .I go the fogs for Rs 800 from Meerut in U.P and the Projectors for Rs 1000 /- Naraina .
Regards
Old 24th December 2009, 00:38   #15
BHPian

@ Trust

Sourcing D2S bulb is expensive and painful, On top of it you will face issues after installing it the problem is Most of the projector even your have no LOCKS to hold the bulb, So fitting the bulb and stopping it from not moving is very tough, Even if some jugaad is made, it tends to shake and spoil the focus time after time. No intension to discourage you, But do keep this in mind while using them.

I see alot of DIYer sourcing the projectors just wanted to share the strings attached.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks