Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2005, 01:54   #1
BHPian

Indigo Marina conv to Indigo Advent

Hi BHPians,

I haven't rcvd encouring response to my Marina mods so far, so I am posting my opinion. I have options to convert it to look like

1. Fiat Adventure Sports

2. Tata Indigo Advent - http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/phot...entID=&catID=0

To me they look similar and come to think of it..I think Tata is following the Fiat foot steps by introducing the verstile platform Indica a la "Palio" and developing various versions out of it

Indigo -> Petra
Marina - > Palio Weekend
Advent - > Adebture Sports

Now my main question

1. how do I raise the clearance of Marina from 165 mm to atleast 190 mm with adequate control to additional body roll.

2. What alloy/tyre? Raise the profile or upsize to 15" from 14"

3. Wat abt side skirts/ wheel skirts..is it possible to get custom made? I am based of hyderabad - where do I get it done?

4. What would be approx cost estimate to get it done?

I have receieved Marina LX at abt 6 lakhs and have about 60k to spare for this stuff including seat covers and music system.
Old 27th August 2005, 09:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
Hi BHPians,

I haven't rcvd encouring response to my Marina mods so far, so I am posting my opinion. I have options to convert it to look like

1. Fiat Adventure Sports

2. Tata Indigo Advent - http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/phot...entID=&catID=0

To me they look similar and come to think of it..I think Tata is following the Fiat foot steps by introducing the verstile platform Indica a la "Palio" and developing various versions out of it

Indigo -> Petra
Marina - > Palio Weekend
Advent - > Adebture Sports

Now my main question

1. how do I raise the clearance of Marina from 165 mm to atleast 190 mm with adequate control to additional body roll.

2. What alloy/tyre? Raise the profile or upsize to 15" from 14"

3. Wat abt side skirts/ wheel skirts..is it possible to get custom made? I am based of hyderabad - where do I get it done?

4. What would be approx cost estimate to get it done?

I have receieved Marina LX at abt 6 lakhs and have about 60k to spare for this stuff including seat covers and music system.
I can only tell you what to do, not where to get it done. I have told you this before but I don't mind repeating it: -

1. 165 to 190 is not a problem...put spacers of 25mm (~1") above the strut mounts at all 4 corners. Put a ~1" spacer INSIDE the strut. This will take care of body roll. Correct the camber by getting a wheel alignment done.

2. Get the largest profile that your front wheel wells allow without contact. I can't comment any more because I don't know much about what is available.

3. I think the new Indica side skirt and arches should be easily available and can be fitted onto the Indigo. This is what they have done with the Advent. Ask the dealer if this can be done.

4. If I were getting it done I wouldn't be spending more than 2-3k on the first mod.

5. When can I expect to receive my package?

Ananth

Most Viewed