Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2010, 00:12   #16
BHPian

What is the model number that you have got?
Old 14th February 2010, 20:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitrk View Post
Pardon me if it wasn't clear earlier. The stock system is replaced with carputer which an along with audio/video can do navigation OBD diag etc.
Search the Tbhp forums you will get tons of carputer threads.

I modified the stock tape/cd changer to just do the job of pre-amp using casset adapter and connected to carputer. I can control the stock radio using the universal remote mounted on the steering. The stock radio is stashed behind the touchscreen. the IR sensor is brought forward to control the volume/tuning.
Rohit,
I live in Magarpattacity,Pune and have an Embera. I would love to see your mods for the carputer and the arrangement you have done for the screen. I have already got the carputer from the US. Expecting the touchscreen by tomorrow. I am interested in seeing how you managed to push the tape/cd player and fit the screen.

Let me know how i can touchbase with you in Pune.

THanks,
Old 20th February 2010, 11:43   #18
BHPian

@ rohit. I have a swift dzire and the suspension is "Torsion beam and coil spring" type. While the one on Embera is "Fully independent Multi-link with coil springs, Gas shock absorber and anti-roll bar" if I am right. Can I still use the product that you have used.

Please mention the model number you purchased and the website from where you ordered.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:10   #19
BHPian

Deepak You can use this product in any suspension setup as long as you have empty hollow rear coil. As mentioned earlier, I ordered it from Amazon. Most difficult part is to find out correct part that will match with your car spring size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
@ rohit. I have a swift dzire and the suspension is "Torsion beam and coil spring" type. While the one on Embera is "Fully independent Multi-link with coil springs, Gas shock absorber and anti-roll bar" if I am right. Can I still use the product that you have used.

Please mention the model number you purchased and the website from where you ordered.
Old 25th February 2010, 11:12   #20
BHPian

Hi Scorp,

I have shared my coordinates along with my contact number over the PM. Fell free to get in touch with me. I will be glad to walk you through the changes in detail.

Happy to see fellow embera owner enthu about the changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp72 View Post
Rohit,
I live in Magarpattacity,Pune and have an Embera. I would love to see your mods for the carputer and the arrangement you have done for the screen. I have already got the carputer from the US. Expecting the touchscreen by tomorrow. I am interested in seeing how you managed to push the tape/cd player and fit the screen.

Let me know how i can touchbase with you in Pune.

THanks,
Old 26th February 2010, 17:08   #21
BHPian

Wow, unique and a very practical mod !

Probably the Civics will also benefit from these bags

Last edited by s3va : 26th February 2010 at 17:11.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Probably the Civics will also benefit from these bags
+ 1. The day i saw this thread the only car that came in my mind was the civic.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:23   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
+ 1. The day i saw this thread the only car that came in my mind was the civic.
ask me about it. Have you heard about this ordeal, in order to save the Civic from scraping big stones while climbing a steep incline, the clutch got screwed !
Old 28th February 2010, 11:25   #24
BHPian

Quote:
A large sedan like Embera CRDi with equally large boot comes handy for the interstate family outings. But comfort oriented suspension creates a problem of low ride height due to overstuffed boot (~300Kg) with 5 adults and 2 kids in the car. Also at the high speed and uneven surface the body would roll which never happens in case of light or medium load. After lot of search and DIY I think I have a good system in place to firm up my suspension under heavy load condition.
The kit is procured from AirLift
Air Lift Company - Products - Air Lift 1000

The installation was straight forward as my rear coil springs have a hole in the center. both the airbags are connected with T that is connected to a air valve in the boot. Based on the load condition one can increase the pressure from 5 PSI to 20 PSI.

At 5 PSI the airbags have no impact of any parameter. While at 20PSI under heavy load and nasty speed breakers I can hear "Woosh" of airbags supporting the spring. Also the car is does not have any roll at higher speeds even under heavy load condition.
Attached are the images of installation along with some other add on like Scanguage, Steering mounted universal remote, carputer etc.
My My. Amazing Rohit.. I think it is a good thing for any Sedan (particularly for Bangalore). Just a quick question here. The strut on my ANHC has the damper in the center of the coil spring. Is the airbag differently designed for the front Rohit?
Old 1st March 2010, 13:29   #25
BHPian

nayyar.rao, This helper air spring works only for the rear coil. Most often the front is a integrated design with strut in the center. But also the additional load due to heavy luggage and participant only affects the rear ride height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayyar.rao View Post
My My. Amazing Rohit.. I think it is a good thing for any Sedan (particularly for Bangalore). Just a quick question here. The strut on my ANHC has the damper in the center of the coil spring. Is the airbag differently designed for the front Rohit?
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:15   #26
BHPian

I had emailed the Airlift suspension inquiring on the part number that suits the DZire. Below is the response I received from them :(

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in Air Lift products. I am sorry to say that our air spring kits will not work for load assist when your vehicle is equipped with struts or torsion suspensions. Our Air Lift suspension support kits works only with open coil, and leaf spring suspensions.
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:31   #27
BHPian

Deepak,

that's the standard reply. Can you send me the rear suspension snaps in different angle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
I had emailed the Airlift suspension inquiring on the part number that suits the DZire. Below is the response I received from them :(

Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in Air Lift products. I am sorry to say that our air spring kits will not work for load assist when your vehicle is equipped with struts or torsion suspensions. Our Air Lift suspension support kits works only with open coil, and leaf spring suspensions.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:39   #28
BHPian

hey,

Quick question.. Do you have some kind of compressor/tank? Or do you go to the bunk and fill the air into the bags?
Old 25th May 2010, 20:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Deepak,

that's the standard reply. Can you send me the rear suspension snaps in different angle?
Hi Rohit, Got the chance to take some spans of suspension while the vehicle was raised. Please suggest on the right Airlift Part number to be procured.
Attached Thumbnails
Restoring the ride height for a loaded Sedan-25052010001.jpg  

Restoring the ride height for a loaded Sedan-25052010.jpg  

Old 29th June 2010, 11:31   #30
BHPian

I am no expert. But it looks like, from what the TS says, since the coil has a proper hole (space) inside, Air Lift should be possible without any worries.

Most Viewed