Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 13:44   #16
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I recently had occasion to pick up a bottle of a Pidilite product called Cyclo Max 44 at Kolkata, for the petrol Accent I was driving.
Good find - I'll try this if I can find it.
I also found another similiar product on their website - Pidilite Industries

Anyone knows what's the difference between the 2?
Old 7th August 2010, 18:14   #17
BHPian

For Pune BHPians:

Any place where I could find Cyclo products?
Old 10th August 2010, 11:18   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
For Pune BHPians:

Any place where I could find Cyclo products?
I saw the products available at the hardware section of Bib Bazaar kothrud.. And are also available at home town. Chose as per proximity to your location..
Old 10th August 2010, 11:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops View Post
I saw the products available at the hardware section of Bib Bazaar kothrud.. And are also available at home town. Chose as per proximity to your location..
Is "SYSTEM G" available in kothrud Big bazar??
Car polish, car sampoo etc???
Old 27th August 2010, 21:42   #20
Senior - BHPian

Just bought Pidilite Cyclo Motor Flush for RS.190 ( container says 200Rs) . Thought will give a try as its time for oil change for Safari.

Will update once I change the oil.
Attached Thumbnails
Cyclo from Pidilite - Product User Reports-pidilite_cyclo_motor_flush.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf C19_C20TDS.pdf (158.0 KB, 566 views)
Old 31st August 2010, 10:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just bought Pidilite Cyclo Motor Flush for RS.190 ( container says 200Rs) . Thought will give a try as its time for oil change for Safari.

Will update once I change the oil.
Hey all,

I have used this product a few weeks back on my car, & I didn't find the oil colour changing to anything much darker than what it was previously. I idled the engine for approximately 5 minutes.

Although, this may also be partly attributed to the fact that I get the oil changed at approximately 6K kms, & I would surely like to think that my car's engine doesn't have that much sludge & deposits to get rid of.

On the other hand, I have used their oil treatment on my Bullet & I found it good. I am not sure if it actually has any significant advantage, but I certainly found the ride better after adding this product. Before I put in this product, I had run my bike about 100kms on a new engine oil.

Drive safe.
Old 4th September 2010, 11:14   #22
BHPian

Am looking for the Cyclo Engine Cleaner/degreaser in Bangalore. Does anyone know where we can get this degreaser or any other make?
Old 4th September 2010, 21:28   #23
BHPian

I've used Cyclo Silicone spray. Works wonders with gummed up locks and has a myriad other uses. MY motorised antenna in the baleno would get stuck whilst closing down unless I cleaned and greased it every week. Now with a couple of spplications of the silicone spray, haven't had a problem for past three weeks.
Old 20th September 2010, 12:07   #24
BHPian

Cyclo Engine Degreaser

Guys just tried the Cyclo Engine Degrease which is in liquid form and another one from ITW called Engine Lick, but totally crap, not worth it! Tried it as they have mentioned on he cans, spray and leave it to soak for 15 minutes then hose down the engine.

Sadly the results were not up to my mark.

Disadvantages:
1. The liquid is very thin,
2. Does not stay on the engine and drops down immediately.
3. Not Eco friendly.
4. Stains the driveway.

Advantages: NIL.

Still trying to get a foam based engine degreaser, they are the best as when you spray the foam, it stays on the engine or whatever greasy part and reacts. Have personally used one called Prestone Heavy Duty Engine Degreaser
Choose | Prestone®

Once got it on JC ROAD in Bangalore, now its not available anywhere. This by far is the better ones. If you want to have the best one in the world, then its GUNK, sadly that too is not available in India. Had contacted them directly and they want a minimum order of $1500, which is crazy.

Any suggestions from members will be great.
Old 20th September 2010, 15:37   #25
BHPian

Recently tried Cyclo Diesel XT6 Fuel treatment on a tankful (55L) and my 1 lac run Tucson CRDi engine couldn't be happier. After ~50 kms on XT6-enriched diet, the mild hydraulic lifter noise which is omnipresent in Tucson CRDi engine is almost gone and the vehicle is more eager than ever to reach 160 kmph.

Did a second tankful (again added Cyclo) after ~700 Kms and its only getting smoother by the day. Even the usual diesel smoke during hard acceleration is visibly reduced.

Does not seem to have any effect on mileage but acceleration is showing moderate-good improvement and the engine has become noticeably more silent an smoother even during early morning cold start.

I'm planning "not" to use it during my next tankful and observe the difference.

I've also migrated to Mobil Delvac MX engine oil, so some of the effects could be due to that as well.

Purchased Cyclo from General Motors, Edapalli, Cochin for Rs.200 per bottle. Got 5 of them to prevent running around looking for it in Bangalore.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:02   #26
BHPian

Anyone knows of any stockist in Mumbai
Old 26th September 2010, 15:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Cyclo Tyre Foam review, and a comparo with Armorall

Recently used the Cyclo Tyre Foam product.

Cyclo from Pidilite - Product User Reports-c62.jpg

Have been a fan of these tyre foams since I started using a similar ArmorAll product. The funda is simple. Just hold can 6-8 inches away from the wheel, spray to cover the entire sidewall area, and walk away. The foam will dissipate, leaving a clean and shining tyre. No rubbing, no finishing required!

Unfortunately, the Cyclo foam failed to live up to the expectations set by its ArmorAll predecessor. For one, the shine was just not that glorious as the AA product. Second, the canister had a flimsy dispenser. Any lax in finger pressure and the spray would turn from full-on mist to single line piss! This made it difficult to control the spray, and also ensured a lot of wastage.

Only benefit is, this baby is a 100 bucks cheaper. The AA product retails for about 350, this is 250.

Would I recommend it? Considering I've already used a better product, no.

Cyclo from Pidilite - Product User Reports-armorall-tyre-foam.jpg
Old 26th September 2010, 17:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

i have been seeing this products past 2 years now. the one which i used was motor flush which used to cost rs.120. have also tried the fuel additive.

to be frank, they are very average products. not worth the hiked up prices.

i dont know what is pidilite doing by increasing the prices so much. now i see the motor flush is tagged with Mrp. 200 ?

For Pune guys : this is available almost everywhere, right from kalewadi to nanapeth.
Old 6th March 2014, 12:09   #29
BHPian

Re: Cyclo from Pidilite - Product User Reports

Guys, has anybody used the cyclo max diesel 44?
How is it useful and how frequently should it be used? if at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks