Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 11:25   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Cyclo from Pidilite - Product User Reports

I recently had occasion to pick up a bottle of a Pidilite product called Cyclo Max 44 at Kolkata, for the petrol Accent I was driving.

The car was running very poorly, with low FE (9 km/l), and refusing to pull at lower revs in higher gears. So I went looking for System G (the usual petrol additive I use), but found the Cyclo product for Rs.220 (labelled for Rs.250, quantity 250 ml IIRC). I added the additive like System G, @ about 1.5 ml/litre, rather than what the bottle suggested, i.e pouring the whole contents into a tankful of petrol. The results were quite good, and within about 20 km of running there was marked improvement in how the engine behaved.

Subsequently, I also came across Cyclo's stall at the Auto Expo 2010, and found they have a range of auto-related products, of which 6XT Diesel Fuel Treatment seems to be the equivalent of System-D (which I regularly use too).

A number of other automotive aesthetics and maintenance products are also available from this brand. It seems Pidilite has recently acquired this company, and are trying to introduce the products countrywide on a war footing.

Any other users of Cyclo products on this forum? Your experiences please...

Note to moderators: I am starting a new thread for users of this brand to report how good (or bad) the products are. Occasional mention of Cyclo products appear scattered elsewhere in the forum, but do not appear to be conclusive.

Disclaimer: I have no commercial interest in Cyclo products.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

Good to know it works, but the problem with additives of all brands is their reach and availability, sometimes its difficult to source System G/ D in a city like bangalore itself, unless they can market it well and it works.

I also do not understand why does a manufacturer not start an online sale in these times unless they are prohibited products.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:43   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I have used Cyclo Foam Away Tire Care - something similar to STP Son Of A Gun.This is made by Cyclo Industries LLC Florida

It is good but find Sun Of A Gun better
Old 11th January 2010, 13:54   #4
BHPian

I use most of the Pidilite products for my car and the results are very good till now. I added the Cyclo Max44 additive to my fuel tank when it was almost empty one day and filled up tankful (at around 8K kms). My engine runs like a knife through butter now and I feel a pronounced improvement in cabin silence. Did almost 3K after the fill up and plan to use it again at 12K kms. I also use Motomax shampoo and polish and they seem to be very good ( people have asked me if my car is new). I also use the Motomax upholstery cleaner and it is again a pleasantly good product. I plan to use Cyclo for engine flush too during service. I am pretty impressed !
Old 13th January 2010, 00:13   #5
jav
BHPian

Have used the diesel treatment and engine oil additive both work well and are VFM

more torque at low rpm and reduced vibrations within ten min of usage, pretty impressed.

Last edited by jav : 13th January 2010 at 00:17.
Old 13th January 2010, 12:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rganeshiyer View Post
I use most of the Pidilite products for my car and the results are very good till now. I added the Cyclo Max44 additive to my fuel tank when it was almost empty one day and filled up tankful (at around 8K kms). My engine runs like a knife through butter now and I feel a pronounced improvement in cabin silence. Did almost 3K after the fill up and plan to use it again at 12K kms. I also use Motomax shampoo and polish and they seem to be very good ( people have asked me if my car is new). I also use the Motomax upholstery cleaner and it is again a pleasantly good product. I plan to use Cyclo for engine flush too during service. I am pretty impressed !
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav View Post
Have used the diesel treatment and engine oil additive both work well and are VFM

more torque at low rpm and reduced vibrations within ten min of usage, pretty impressed.
From where did you source them in bangalore, who is their retailer ??
Old 13th January 2010, 15:40   #7
jav
BHPian

Got them from a shop in jc road, no idea about the retailer
Old 25th January 2010, 13:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Urgent: Where to find Cyclo Motor Flush in Bangalore?

Hi,

Where can I find Cyclo Motor Flush in Bangalore? Bangalore team-bhpians please reply asap.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 25th January 2010, 13:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

no use .. better use 500ml diesel .. and flush it off

cyclo will eat away clutch plates
Old 25th January 2010, 14:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
no use .. better use 500ml diesel .. and flush it off

cyclo will eat away clutch plates
Chiragh,

I am going to use it on my Royal Enfield LB500 which has a pre unit construction engine. So, it shouldn't be a issue for me.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 25th January 2010, 14:43   #11
BHPian

Jay
wat has happened to your LB500 engine??
Old 25th January 2010, 15:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

still don't use it !!

you need to pour the engine flush in your engine and need to run your engine for 10-15 mins ... and this time period is very bad

if you still want to do go ahead !!
Old 25th January 2010, 15:52   #13
Senior - BHPian

Iron,

Nothing absolutely man. Now, I'm servicing my LB500 myself. I am running Motul synthetic. When I shifted from Veedol semi-synthetic, I didn't flush the engine. This time around, I plan to do so when I change my oil. I'm nudging 15K. So, I wanted to do a full on service of the engine and cycle parts. Hence the flush.

Chiragh,

I know I need to run the flush in the engine, but how is it harmful? Could you please elaborate? From what I've heard, it works pretty well.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 4th February 2010, 16:49   #14
Senior - BHPian

Bought Cyclo Engine Flush from Real automobiles, Journalist Colony, JC Road. Paid INR 190 for the 443 ml can.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 13th May 2010, 22:13   #15
BANNED

I just used Cyclo's Car Perfume Gel and Spray bottle as well. Pretty much effective

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks