Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2011, 12:18   #31
BHPian

Re: Ritz modification - How to increase low end torque

I have a query about stock replacement filters from K&N. I couldn't find a better place to post it.
I drive a 2010 Chevy Beat. I am looking for a mild power gain on all engine speed ranges. Will a stock replacement filter from K&N serve the purpose??

Also I presume with the lambda sensor's output, the ECU will increase the fuel quantity to compensate for the additional air (to maintain the A/F ratio). This when happens is going to boost power. Am I right??
Experts please clarify!
Old 6th August 2012, 15:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Hi Experts, I have a question. My new Ritz has run 2,500+ km.
1) I always had a Pete's kit in mind. What would be the right time to install a Pete's kit in my car?
2) Will it void my warranty? I have taken extended warranty as well.
3) I have heard that driving vehicles with performance kits on public roads is illegal. Doesn't Pete's kit fall under that category?
Thanks in advance!
Old 6th August 2012, 15:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Replies in bold. By Pete's kit I am assuming you are referring to their tuning box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Hi Experts, I have a question. My new Ritz has run 2,500+ km.
1) I always had a Pete's kit in mind. What would be the right time to install a Pete's kit in my car? - You can install it any time you want, but my personal recommendation is to wait till you have clocked 10,000kms and gotten all 3 free services completed.
2) Will it void my warranty? I have taken extended warranty as well. - Your engine related warranty may be affected if the company finds out that you have the kit/tuning box installed.
3) I have heard that driving vehicles with performance kits on public roads is illegal. Doesn't Pete's kit fall under that category? - Well as per the law every mod is pretty much illegal, but yet we do it. It is up to you to decide if you want to do it or not.
Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
As for Pete's, I would suggest why don't you look at other alternatives like the Racechip. Website is Chiptuning von RaceChip - Prof. Motor Tuning gnadenlos preiswert. I have installed it on my car and the car has just transformed to a sprinter. Torgue is tremendous. Also the chip is available for 1/3 the price of Petes and does the same. I paid 11k all inclusive for the chip. Suggest you can try it out.
Hi Kailash,

Been some time now that you installed the RaceChip above. How was the long term implication on maintainence, parts failing (if any) ?

Also did you import it from outside and fit yourself or is their any place in Mumbai that sells and fits this ?
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:02   #35
BHPian

Hi,
I drive a Dzire Tour Diesel. It is exactly the same engine as the new Ritz. Not the old swift Diesel with a turbo boom. My father drives a first generation Dzire Diesel and its pick up and turbo kick is better than the Ritz(new) and the Dzire Tour Diesel.
Even the new Swift and Dzire are better in this regard.
I am yet to be blown away by the performance of a turbocharger.
If only I would get a chance to experience the turbo in the 1 litre Ecoboost Ford Ecosport. Basically the turbo in the new Ritz, Dzire Tour and old Dzire is the same. It lacks the punch offered by the old Swift Diesel.
Old 3rd March 2015, 13:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashok Naik View Post
Hi,
I drive a Dzire Tour Diesel. It is exactly the same engine as the new Ritz. Not the old swift Diesel with a turbo boom. My father drives a first generation Dzire Diesel and its pick up and turbo kick is better than the Ritz(new) and the Dzire Tour Diesel.
Even the new Swift and Dzire are better in this regard.
I am yet to be blown away by the performance of a turbocharger.
If only I would get a chance to experience the turbo in the 1 litre Ecoboost Ford Ecosport. Basically the turbo in the new Ritz, Dzire Tour and old Dzire is the same. It lacks the punch offered by the old Swift Diesel.
They have tuned the new versions to give a more linear power delivery when compared to the older versions. And we also need to be mindful of the manufacturing defect in the new cars. A friend of mine, suffered massive turbo lags and low pick up until, the Service center identified that the turbo was the culprit. They replaced it and the pick up increased considerably.
Even my car (2012 VDI swift) started to feel lethargic at around 30k. I suspected the turbo, but after they cleaned the injectors, the car has turned quite sprightly.
mithunvvijayan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks