Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2010, 18:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

All cases regarding Michelin Warranty claims which I've witnessed with BHPians have been very poorly handled. I also recollect Ishan's case where it was a long ordeal before something concrete happened. This is why I prefer Yokos over Michelins.
Old 26th January 2010, 19:20   #17
BHPian

Hi Pranavt and Tsk,

I agree with Pranav, especially about the principles.

However, please note that it was not a case of a few hundred rupees but the fact the fact that I am in the Merchant Navy and will be leaving India to rejoin my ship in the next couple of days. I will be away for about 4 months. The last few days are always busy with visas, medicals, office visits to be done etc. etc. and I just do not have the time to deal with this.

I made numerous calls to a Mr.Amardeep (Michelin India) in Delhi but no success. He would only go on the verdict of the guy in Bombay (malicious damage) and was not willing to discuss the matter further.

Like one the members suggested it would be good if we had an individual agency to check these sorts of problems but this animal does not exist as far as I know.

Regards,

SS
Old 26th January 2010, 19:21   #18
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki san, where did the nail pierce the tread of the tyre? Did the nail get into the tyre on the tread section above/near to the E of the Energy and was the nail long?

If yes and if the nail was sufficiently long then it could have damaged the tyre from the inside.
Old 26th January 2010, 19:45   #19
BHPian

I have a similar problem.
my honda city purchased in July 2009 came with Goodyear 175/65/15's. last night i went for a dinner at sector 18 mkt, on the way back found one of the tyres to have punchered (driver side front side). i went to a tyre shop and discovered that the side wall was damaged. i have travelled only 8400 odd kms. is this normal? i usually travel in the delhi-ncr which has good metalled roads.

can i claim any tyre warranty? for any manufacturing defect as it is only 6 months from purcharse.

i did go to Ace Honda, noida - dealer from whom i purchased the car. he did call up goodyear person.he told me that he will arrange an tyre inspection by a person from goodyear on monday. if he agrees, then i may be paid on pro-rata basis as a tyre is supposed to last 40000kms. but from talks with him,it is unlikely as goodyear will accept it as a manufacturing defect. how to prove?

if i have to purchase a new tyre..need i have to for Goodyears only (as other 4 tyre) or can i choose any other band?
Old 26th January 2010, 19:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

SS, get the patch stuff done if it's successful and in future, look for other options.
Old 31st January 2010, 21:29   #21
Senior - BHPian

I got Michelins for my zen and @Nikhilb2008 got richer. Great equipment you got there man! I'll pen down some reviews after good usage.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks