Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 11:02   #61
BHPian

Looks like I need an H1 (High Beam - 10000K Lumes) and an H7 (Low Beam - 5000K Lumes) HID and projector lens assembly for a Linea. I can get these over e-bay and get a DIY going. My doubts are...

1. Do I have to fit two ballasts for a pair of H1's H7's or both can be retrofitted in a single ballast per pair of H1's and H7's? Do we need a special ballast here to accomodate a pair?

2. Will it be good to go with just the H7's (5000K) for now (while retaining the H1's with Phillips/OSRAM halogens), just like the ones in a Laura? Thinking of not to pay n' play around with extra HID ballasts

3. What do you recommed? Retain H7's or retain H1's? I can tell that the Laura has a better night visibility factor with the config mentioned in doubt # 2. But, I'm willing to go with anything that does not require me to carry a toolkit to fix niggling issues with the DIY post setup.

Thanks!

Last edited by inreverse : 12th February 2010 at 11:20. Reason: More content
Old 12th February 2010, 13:40   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
I haven't tried adjusting much - I have gotten used to the beam's inverted "V" now.

@smokin - any tips?
Some how when i saw the reflector it was not chrome enough, Will get the reflector chromed help?
Old 13th February 2010, 17:41   #63
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't tried adjusting much - I have gotten used to the beam's inverted "V" now.

@smokin - any tips?

any updates on the getting the cut off line in shape rather than "V"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Some how when i saw the reflector it was not chrome enough, Will get the reflector chromed help?
yes definitely but the main part is the quality of the lens get it changed and you will get the much more sharper and clear light

for chrome it definitely works as it reflects most light if it's a good quality chrome.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:43   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Looks like I need an H1 (High Beam - 10000K Lumes) and an H7 (Low Beam - 5000K Lumes) HID and projector lens assembly for a Linea. I can get these over e-bay and get a DIY going. My doubts are...

1. Do I have to fit two ballasts for a pair of H1's H7's or both can be retrofitted in a single ballast per pair of H1's and H7's? Do we need a special ballast here to accomodate a pair?

2. Will it be good to go with just the H7's (5000K) for now (while retaining the H1's with Phillips/OSRAM halogens), just like the ones in a Laura? Thinking of not to pay n' play around with extra HID ballasts

3. What do you recommed? Retain H7's or retain H1's? I can tell that the Laura has a better night visibility factor with the config mentioned in doubt # 2. But, I'm willing to go with anything that does not require me to carry a toolkit to fix niggling issues with the DIY post setup.

Thanks!
High beam 10000K? You wont see a think on the road and it will be all blue and purple

2 pair ballasts are a must for 2 pair bulbs are needed.

You can do a laura like setup,but there do you get 5000k hid easily?
Old 13th February 2010, 23:48   #65
BHPian

hi noidaboy,
can you please PM/mail me the name and number of your source.

viky_s@yahoo.com
regards
viky
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:38   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
hi noidaboy,
can you please PM/mail me the name and number of your source.

viky_s@yahoo.com
regards
viky
PM'ed you the details
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:13   #67
Senior - BHPian

Good quality Chrome is Vacuum Chroming, the normal one is Hard Chroming. For better results, the former is advised.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:45   #68
Senior - BHPian

@noidaboy - does the reflector require chroming on a projector setup? I have not done anything to the stock reflector, but my question is because I was of the understanding that the projector does not use the reflector to throw the light, and will do so directly using the lens' focusing.

The cars with stock projector setup do not have much of a reflector except for the looks, hence the question.

@smokin - No, I have not gotten to it yet, will do so soon - more so because I saw water in the reflector today :(
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:13   #69
BHPian

Quote:
@noidaboy - does the reflector require chroming on a projector setup? I have not done anything to the stock reflector, but my question is because I was of the understanding that the projector does not use the reflector to throw the light, and will do so directly using the lens' focusing.

The cars with stock projector setup do not have much of a reflector except for the looks, hence the question.
(
No no, you misunderstood even the projector has a reflector and a lens in-front of it, What we are discussing here is reflector of the projector not the headlight.
Old 23rd February 2010, 02:39   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
No no, you misunderstood even the projector has a reflector and a lens in-front of it, What we are discussing here is reflector of the projector not the headlight.
Ah! Gotcha!! But then if the reflector inside the projector is not that good, then the only option we have is buy a good set, right?

And do you think blackening the headlight's stock reflector has any edge over not doing so? Am guessing if we do, then the scattering of light (that falls on the stock reflector) will be minimized - apart from giving that "look" - am I right?
Old 24th June 2010, 21:01   #71
BHPian

Projector Head Light for Honda City ZX

Mods: Searched for the topic and couldnt find the exact information I was looking for. Hence starting a thread, if there exists one, please merge.

BHPians, I always have been amazed (loved) the looks of a vehicle when it had Bi-Xenon Projectors with Angel Eyes. Somehow they stand out completely with a mean look - in my opinion.

Now I want to know: (I drive a Honda City ZX 2006 model NHC)
  • Is it possible to install Bi-Xenon on my City ZX? I am sure it is possible as I have seen pictures of them
  • Is it advisable to install (pros / cons)? Advice from experts / ones who have already installed even on other cars?
  • What are the options on Projector Headlights (Bi Xenons with Angel Eyes / Xenons, etc and their specifications - I want to understand more on the subject)
  • What should I take care if I want to do this as a modification on my car? and Finally
  • Where are the best / better places in and around Bangalore where I can get it installed and apprximately what charges?
My main objective of doing (try) this modification is to:
  • Bring in a different look for the car and
I am NOT looking for any (Basically the modification shouldnt):
  • Impact to lighting (increase/decrease the lighting power and having issues during rain/fog/dust extreme conditions)
But If the lighting improve, then no complaints!

I am attaching the pic of my car wth regular headlights and hoping to see it with the mean looks with projector head lights after a bit more understanding from the forum.

Thanks and Regards,
narayanang76
Attached Thumbnails
Projector setup on my Honda city-img_0570.jpg  

Old 24th June 2010, 21:44   #72
BHPian

yes bi xenon projecotrs with HID can be installed on any car . they will give better lighting and will run cooler as well .go for the g3 projector lens kit . i can help you source a cheap kit as shops in india will rip you big time .
Old 24th June 2010, 21:51   #73
BHPian

Mr Nobody, could you let us know the cost of the above-mentioned kit? Is it available in hyderabad and can it be installed in an Indigo? Sorry Narayanang..a bit off topic, and should it not be Honda? The title says Homda!!
Old 24th June 2010, 23:50   #74
BHPian

there are three types of PNP kits avail. . the cheapest one have very small projectors +angel eyes are installed on cars/bikes where space is constraint . lighting is poor though . then there is g3 kit with angel eyes that have better lighting but still not very good . third is Mini mm projector without angel eyes but super duper light output and spread . these can be installed in any car headlamp that are H4 type , the headlamp just has to be heated to separate the glass and reflector and after that its plug and play . all are made in china/hong kong and you have to order from there . kit 1 around 5500 , 2 at 6500 and third one at 8-9 thousand . all come with hids . i have ordered one kit for my bike so will see how it is in a week. see this thread , these are g3 projectors used http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...onda-city.html
Old 25th June 2010, 13:01   #75
Senior - BHPian

Can this be done for Ford Fiesta. The Xenon head lamp kit as mentione din the accessory price list cost around 19.5 K, is this the correct price. Can this be bought outside for lesser?

@Mr Nobody
I wonder whether the Lamp kit for Ford is the same as shown in the link which you have forwarded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks