Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2010, 14:18   #76
BHPian

The looks are enhance and so is the lighting. Projector setups work better than stock light if done well.
Old 25th June 2010, 14:25   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
And do you think blackening the headlight's stock reflector has any edge over not doing so? Am guessing if we do, then the scattering of light (that falls on the stock reflector) will be minimized - apart from giving that "look" - am I right?
Yes the blackening helps to enhance the look, And also does not reflect the light leaking from the projector to scatter and spoil the looks.
Old 26th June 2010, 11:33   #78
BHPian

yea as noidaboy said.. if done well!!
focusing the projectors is a little tedious. i have em on my aveo too.
Old 26th June 2010, 23:49   #79
BHPian

I Am in process of changing my Safari;s Headlight to Projector lamps. These are real projector lenses, popular as E55. With Phillips HID Bulbs. Everything done just waiting for bulbs to arrive and then will post the pics.

And this is true retrofit and no PnP projectors which someone here mentioned.

@NOIDABOY, you imported it for 14k??? You could have bought it for almost half of the price

H4 9003 Bi-xenon projector HID CONVERSION Kit Hi/Lo New: eBay Motors (item 140370479271 end time Jul-26-10 10:59:26 PDT)

Last edited by ThE Godfather : 26th June 2010 at 23:53. Reason: wrong name quoted
Old 27th June 2010, 00:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
I Am in process of changing my Safari;s Headlight to Projector lamps. These are real projector lenses, popular as E55. With Phillips HID Bulbs. Everything done just waiting for bulbs to arrive and then will post the pics.

And this is true retrofit and no PnP projectors which someone here mentioned.

@NOIDABOY, you imported it for 14k??? You could have bought it for almost half of the price

H4 9003 Bi-xenon projector HID CONVERSION Kit Hi/Lo New: eBay Motors (item 140370479271 end time Jul-26-10 10:59:26 PDT)
e55 projectors are D2s right ? they will cost a lot and d2s hid also cost a lot .plus headache of aiming projectors and screwing them well . but they have good output . good luck !
Old 27th June 2010, 01:01   #81
BHPian

Here is the price of the components:

Projectors 80USD
HID Kit : I already have.
Bulbs: Phillips d2s - 100USD, personal choice to get branded, chinese made are any where around 5 to 15USD
Misc.: Nothing.

When compared to those PnP kits, I have better spread, better bulbs, better Ballasts Plus will dont have any pain of different color temperature bulbs, premature failure of ballasts, bad spread.

Aiming and screwing isnt a big deal really. All you have to to do is screw the projectors by taking the refernce from the reflector lines/patterns and then using the adjustment screw of the headlight assly. to adjust the aim. It took me around 1 hour to get everything done. Just need to fit the new bulbs and everything would be great.
Old 27th June 2010, 09:35   #82
BHPian

I am planning to get the Xenon bulbs on my Endy also. I assume from all I have read so far that it's good to go? I wil get the specifications and so on from the dealer, but I was a little concerned about messing up with the electricals. Any cautions?
Old 27th June 2010, 12:18   #83
BHPian

What do you mean by Xenon Bulbs? Xenon bulbs are part of HID Kit. IF you are getting an HID Kit, it will fit directly to the H4 point of the bulb of your car. No messing to electricals is required.

But personally I would not recomend it if you are getting it installed in your regular reflectors. That is because the reflectors will spread the light all over but not where we want. On Highways, it may be a pain as all the sign boards and reflective paint of the trucks start reflecting light back to you and sometimes it becomes difficult to drive. This is because the regular reflectors of cars are not meant for Arc Shaped Discharge of xenon bulbs.

Get projectors in your car or dont go HID way. I have an experience of 20K KMS of night driving only with HID and you can trust me.

Buy higher wattage bulbs with relays.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:50   #84
BHPian

Godfather, thank you so much for the advice. Yes, I meant the bulbs as part of the HID kit. Thanks for pointing out though, that I need to get the projectors! I will check with the dealer right away.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:53   #85
BHPian

I dont think you can fit projectors that way? Or am I mssing anything? You have to get projectors from some other car and then have to retrofit in the reflectors of Endy.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:55   #86
BHPian

No, you are not missing anything, I was I just called the dealer, gave him some gyaan about projectors, and he promised to check and get back right away on what will be needed for an Endeavour. Morale of the story: if I get it done, it will be with a dealer who knows what is needed and doesnt just sell me stuff! Thanks, man!
Old 27th June 2010, 13:00   #87
BHPian

Ohk, dont want to put your excitement down, but dealer wont do it, until unless Endy comes with a Light Assembly with projectors. You will have to do either on your own or get it done from outside.

But still I'm curoius to know, what your dealer would inform you. Please keep us updated.
Old 27th June 2010, 13:03   #88
BHPian

Why dont you guys just contact The Retro Rides to source projectors and stuff, I have picked up Laura,Fabia, E55, Fx-r recently they keep most of them is stock with bezel's and hid's. Projectors setups are not just about getting the right equipment it is also about correct fitting and fine tuning. DIY sounds very easy,But practically it takes alot of time to get it right.
Old 27th June 2010, 13:14   #89
BHPian

I'd like to know the prices. I got E55 projectors, Bixenon for 100USD including shipping and Bezels to India. That comes up around 4500 Rupees. I dont think we can get cheap than that. Secondly, You are wrong on the fitting part bro. If you know the basics you can do it. I did it for the first time and I did all correct in one go. You just need the right equipment.

EDIT: Just looked at their store, PRojectors cost 9k, Bezels cost 3500. Pretty Expensive
Old 27th June 2010, 13:31   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidaboy View Post
Hi, dont have pic's with me right now. Will get them as soon as i can, Its going to look better than the stock lamps for sure.Rest you can add led's etc. if you need.
Thanks! looking forward to it!

Most Viewed