Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 22:19   #91
BHPian

Got very hot Bi-Xenon 4300K HID lights, for the main beams as well as for the fogs. Even though I am not using the projector, the effect is simply mesmerizing. The light is bright and white. With the beam angle lowered, and on dimmer, the lights stay out of the eyes of incoming traffic. Once on the highway, move up the angle, put on the high beams and the fogs, and night turns to day.

Will try and get some better pictures later, but for now, here's a sample of how the lights come across in my society parking.

Projector setup on my Honda city-dsc03784.jpg

Name:  DSC03785.JPG
Views: 2059
Size:  69.9 KB
Old 27th June 2010, 22:27   #92
BHPian

Look at the flare bro. Get it to Highway, you will understand what I was saying. But congrats on buying.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:33   #93
BHPian

Godfather, I did go on the highway, and then took the service lanes too. Pitch dark, and in the midst of normal highway traffic, and the city too. No problemo. Will get better pictures soon.

But yes, I have also told the dealer I will need to check this for a week or so. If I am not thrilled, I am giving them back. But for now, seems like a remote possibility.

He also has a projector kit which should fit in the stock headlight assembly without much of a problem. I saw one fitted in a Logan.

Oh and yes, when fitting the Xenons, we took off the bulb cap - allowing the light to be pointed forward and into the stock cap fitting.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:45   #94
BHPian

If its so, then great. But I will not opt for HID without Projectors.
Old 29th June 2010, 14:30   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE Godfather View Post
You just need the right equipment.

[/i]
Exactly, It was easy for you. But for an average person it is tough, I have seen people wasting alot of money because of basic's go wrong and then later on they blame the projectors to be crappy and all that.Its no rocket science its just that people dont have the complete knowledge about it.

Yes its cheaper to get it online at times. but if you research around you can find some sweet deals here as well.

Please do post more pix of you setup
Old 29th June 2010, 17:25   #96
BHPian

I will definetely post the pictures bro. I was'nt at home today and my postman left me a note that I have a parcel at PO. It might be bulbs. I will see tomorrow and will update.
Old 9th July 2010, 03:27   #97
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1973898
Old 10th July 2010, 11:38   #98
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please note that sharing information via PM kills the purpose of running this community. Knowledge is nothing if it ain't shared. Please do put up contact / other details out here, on the public forum itself, so that other members & guests also stand to benefit.

Thanks
Old 26th July 2010, 21:49   #99
BHPian

Will such a setup work if retrofitted to a headlamp that has fresnel lens in the front, unlike clear lens lamps?

I'm referring to the Old Lancer headlamps. I'm already running HIDs, but a lot of the usable light is lost by the haphazard focusing.

Tassem.
Old 26th July 2010, 22:26   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Will such a setup work if retrofitted to a headlamp that has fresnel lens in the front, unlike clear lens lamps?

I'm referring to the Old Lancer headlamps. I'm already running HIDs, but a lot of the usable light is lost by the haphazard focusing.

Tassem.
There are twin beam clear lens headlights available for Lancers but are totally useless, Keep the current setup you will not regret.

Pramod
Old 27th July 2010, 14:59   #101
BHPian

I've seen some Angel Eye setups. While they look good, lighting is clearly compromised. I was wondering if I can use the Headlamp assembly of the newer Lancers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
There are twin beam clear lens headlights available for Lancers but are totally useless, Keep the current setup you will not regret.

Pramod
Old 27th July 2010, 20:28   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've seen some Angel Eye setups. While they look good, lighting is clearly compromised. I was wondering if I can use the Headlamp assembly of the newer Lancers...
No unless you also change your bonnet the new lancer is based on EVO 5 and the headlights and the bonnet is shaped different, you need to replace both. Example

Pramod
Old 27th July 2010, 21:03   #103
BHPian

Yeah I was afraid that'll be the case. But if it means better lighting, I'm sure I'd be able to dig up an old bonnet someplace. Or perhaps even have this one modified to fit the new lights.

But where I can get one without having to shell out a bomb?

I feel uncomfortable that we may be hijacking the thread by going on a tangent.

Thanks!

Tassem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
No unless you also change your bonnet the new lancer is based on EVO 5 and the headlights and the bonnet is shaped different, you need to replace both. Example

Pramod
Old 27th July 2010, 21:31   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah I was afraid that'll be the case. But if it means better lighting, I'm sure I'd be able to dig up an old bonnet someplace. Or perhaps even have this one modified to fit the new lights.

But where I can get one without having to shell out a bomb?

I feel uncomfortable that we may be hijacking the thread by going on a tangent.

Thanks!

Tassem.

MODS kindly move this to a new thread,

You can get a new unpainted bonnet from the showroom foe 8 k, for 6 k its available at parts dealers and do the math, for 2 k you can get this in shivaji nagar, This stupid thing weighs 40 kg. each depo headlight is for 1800 rs each and stanley pair will cost you 10k for the pair

Pramod
Old 27th July 2010, 22:01   #105
BHPian

I'm gonna go with Shivaji Nagar Do you know any shops there? and Depo lights are just 1800?! Where can I get them?

Now I'm excited! I was telling myself that I wont go ahead with this if the prices are unreasonable. If this works out, I will use my old setup to try and experiment on a DIY projector setup.

Tassem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks