Team-BHP - Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/74267-team-mhssc-racing-baja-saeindia-2010-a.html)

Hi everyone,
I am a member of Team MHSSC Racing, from MHSS college of Engineering, Mumbai, who are participating in BAJA SAEINDIA 2010 competition.

To know more about Baja log in here: "www.bajasaeindia.org"
Our team got a lateral entry after securing the 5th overall position at National level in the Virtual Baja Design Challenge.

This event has taught me a lot, before joining it, I did not have much knowledge about the processes that take to make a car but now I do know things upto a certain extent.

Our car may not be the best one around but I think a person learns from his own mistakes. We had made a numbers of mistakes (there are many more) but tried to rectify them as much as we could with help of our seniors and professors.

The car was built approximately in 3 month (we had our exams running for a period of 1 month) under a very tight budget.
We got selected on 12th November and the Event is to be held on 29th Jan.

Here are some work in progress pics that I managed to take.
Just got to know that before loading the car on the truck they managed to climb some stairs with the car.

The car has been transported to NATRiP facility today.
Will get some more pics from the event.
Till then enjoy these:

Concept sketch made by me:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-concept.jpg

Transmission:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-16062009759.jpg

Engine:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-16062009760.jpg

Setup which was rejected (our professor suggested to stay away from this design):
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-30062009781.jpg

PVC Frame:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-pvc.jpg

Front Knuckle (stock NE knuckle):
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-22072009813.jpg

Frame Fabricated:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-10092009834.jpg

Frame coated with red oxide:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-11092009837.jpg

Hubs turned for rear knuckle:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-24092009859.jpg

Knuckle fabrication:
Team MHSSC Racing- Baja SAEINDIA 2010-knuckle.jpg

I am not able to upload any more pics so will continue tomorrow.

Regards,
Shoeb

hey srk.. i'm vinod from NIT trichy. we were in Baja this time around as well. from you pics looks like your college has been part of formula sae as well. we are planning to branch out to that next year. can you give me the approximate budget for that ?
cheers

Hi SRK, very nice work :) What is the engine & transmission (I see a Mahindra logo) you've used for your buggy ? Why was the initial setup rejected by your professor, too high a CG ? Once again, very nice work !

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinod (Post 1717410)
hey srk.. i'm vinod from NIT trichy. we were in Baja this time around as well. from you pics looks like your college has been part of formula sae as well. we are planning to branch out to that next year. can you give me the approximate budget for that ?
cheers

Hi, Vinod.
Our seniors had participated in this years FSAE India Design challenge and got the 1st prize.
A new team is being formed and would be working for next years FSAE India.
I don't know the approximate budget about it. But has to be much higher than that of BAJA as you'll need to get the engine yourself.
Consider having somewhere around Rs. 7-8 lakhs in your hand to have a good car.

And yes the car you see in the pic is not an FSAE car. Its made with an autorickshaw engine (done by the same team who won the FSAE India Challenge).

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 1717468)
Hi SRK, very nice work :) What is the engine & transmission (I see a Mahindra logo) you've used for your buggy ? Why was the initial setup rejected by your professor, too high a CG ? Once again, very nice work !

The engine is a Lombardini LGA340. (340cc Single cylinder Petrol engine)
We used the Mahindra Champion (3 wheeler) Transmission.
The initial setup was rejected due the complexity involved in it. We had to fabricate an input shaft for the transmission and power it with a chain drive. This would have caused loss in power and greater difficulty in maintaining it.

By the way guys, My team got the 46th position out of the 80 who participated.
I know its nothing great to talk about but for me it was the experience that matters the most. I got to learn a number of things that I wouldn't have if it was not for BAJA.

We have clicked many pics but they are with a friend of mine.Will try and get them as soon as possible.:)

Hi SRK & others,

This question was posted by Pranav on our facebook fanpage. Perhaps you might have some advice for him?

What half shafts would be suitable for a BAJA off road vehicle to be run on a Lambordini 11 bhp engine? We are planning to use a maruti 800 differential... plz suggest the half shafts"

cya
R

Oh!

I completely forgot about this thread.
I'll post some pics.

@Rehaan:
Thanks for waking up the thread.
Hope to put some info that might help others.

As far as the question is concerned, Will need to see what kind of setup they are using?

One thing Mr. Behram Dhabhar told us was keep things simple and make sure the whole setup is reliable. We had put some very weird engine and transmission combination in front of him :)