Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 07:28   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Like others have suggested, that Punto's aesthetics have become spoilt on account of the spoilers !
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2010, 10:36   #17
BHPian

LOL, My friend surely dint expect these replies :P
He had low pros on his ide, Let me check for that pic and I'll post it here soon.
Old 28th March 2010, 10:42   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
In the above posted link,In the pic of the pedals , why are there 4 pedals? what purpose does the extra one serve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Thats not a pedal. Its a foot rest.
OT: The pedal on the extreme left is a dead-pedal. When one isn't using the clutch, the foot must be kept on the dead pedal. Unfortunately, several Indian cars, especially Martui Suzukis, don't come with a dead-pedal and people tend to rest their foot on the clutch even when not using it. This is one of the main reasons for excessive clutch-play.
Old 28th March 2010, 12:08   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
OT: The pedal on the extreme left is a dead-pedal. When one isn't using the clutch, the foot must be kept on the dead pedal. Unfortunately, several Indian cars, especially Martui Suzukis, don't come with a dead-pedal and people tend to rest their foot on the clutch even when not using it. This is one of the main reasons for excessive clutch-play.
Thank you Suhaas for clearing it up, Lancer SFX also had a similar pedal IIRC.
Old 28th March 2010, 13:14   #20
BHPian

here is the picture of his wheels. This pic was before getting his spoilers done.
Attached Thumbnails
Modifying my Fiat Punto-punto.jpg  

Old 28th March 2010, 14:50   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice looking alloys, but please remove those ugly mudflaps.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2010, 21:31   #22
BHPian

nice alloys (though a bit spidery). to some extent better than the ones on punto sport too.

i think a complete profile picture of the car (with the alloys n spoiler) would probably give a clearer picture of how the car looks. just looking at the spoilers, it was looking ugly. but looking at the wheels, i have a feeling that the owner of the car has a nice choice, and wouldn't have used the spoilers had they looked out of place..
Old 28th March 2010, 22:01   #23
BHPian

Like GTO and few others have said, the mods most appropriate for the punto is the tuning box. I agree completely and went to a shop in mumbai which deals in petes performance products. He had the box for the punto ( same as the swifts) and priced at 28k ( plus some more for installation). I have a few basic questions and I am really keen to buy it asap.

1. would I need to wait till 10k kms or more to add the tuning box to my punto or can I put it on at 5k? any cons of adding it early?
2. would a tuning box make any difference to low end torque or is that difficult to tell without testing it on the punto ?
Old 29th March 2010, 12:50   #24
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestogo View Post
would I need to wait till 10k kms or more to add the tuning box to my punto or can I put it on at 5k? any cons of adding it early?
I'd say, wait until completely "opening" up the engine. Atleast 10,000 - 15,000 kms on the odo.

Quote:
would a tuning box make any difference to low end torque or is that difficult to tell without testing it on the punto ?
Though turbo-lag will be present, the tuning box improves power output across the range. I remember Rt's Octavia throttle responding better at the low end too.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:38   #25
BHPian

Punto stock mud flaps are ugly, any one know if any other cars good looking mud flaps fit better for Punto?
Old 29th March 2010, 16:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

I never knew Punto came with 'stock' mudflaps. I had to buy them out of the dealership.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:54   #27
BHPian

My bad, those are the stock mud falps which needs to be bought from dealer, no other options available other than those as far as I know and IMO they make car look ugly.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

IMO Punto already looks good in stock, only thing missing on the car is power, which can be helped by tuning box. And the those awful mudflaps, it looks horrendous same for linea. Why doesn't Fiat design something like Swift or SX4. These mudflaps looks so cheap and out of place on such a good looking car.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:33   #29
BHPian

Yeah and damn these mud flaps cost 400 which is completely worthless according to me. Had to buy them after I lost one. I have seen this car somewhere around def col. I also loved the alloys I wonder if they are 98PCD??
Old 30th March 2010, 14:52   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I absolutely love the clean stock look of the Punto. Except for a set of nice alloys & tyres, I wouldn't bother with other aesthetic mods.

However, another must have modification for the Punto : A diesel tuning box .
Mine is a black italian beauty Emtn Pk. set of nice alloys and tyres are what i am hunting for now. The one similar to the sport model and the abarth version. But i could not find 98 PCDs anywhere, i saw similar ones but 100 PCD and they said they could fix those to punto which i did not want to because of the PCD.

And the next mod i am looking forward is the tuniong box which i have waited to complete the 10k odo reading. I have completed 12900 now ( yess yesss )

Here i have couple of questions GTO

1) How much will i get for my stock alloys?
2) Does 100 PCD creates real wobbling problems?
3) Is tuning box safe and what would be the effect on FE?
4) Where can i find the alloys similar to ABARTH ones?
5) how about upsizing to 16"?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks