Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good thing for our cars ?
Yes 47 68.12%
No 8 11.59%
Not sure 14 20.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2010, 14:35   #46
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
Thanks mkh,, Hot tracks in Old Airport road(Victoria road) deals with Duramat. I just spoke to them. They also have other brands available

3M maybe priced anywere between 1.5 to 2 k
cool- its on my way today- will check it out...is this the store that is just before lifestyle store on the way to richmond road? which number was the one you called- the cell or the land line?
Going to JC road means 200 rs odd discount but means that much of head ache and fuel too :(
Old 18th February 2010, 14:58   #47
BHPian

I generally dont have JC road in my list for any of the accessories !

Here is the no 9845106938- HT

Latheesh, Keep us posted. If I am not wrong you live in the Tipasandra area right, I live closeby as well

Last edited by s3va : 18th February 2010 at 15:00.
Old 18th February 2010, 16:19   #48
BHPian

Had gone to a Doctor's hospital ( for a colleague, who met with a minor accident) and found the door mat to be of this material. Asked around and found that the shop is nearby. Went there in the car and have just come back with getting these fitted

Total Cost = Rs. 1300 for the front and rear end to end (left no space on the sides too) + some minor decor like putting the same in the space for water bottles etc

I'd say it's a great idea sirji!!
Old 18th February 2010, 23:26   #49
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
cool- its on my way today- will check it out...is this the store that is just before lifestyle store on the way to richmond road? which number was the one you called- the cell or the land line?
Going to JC road means 200 rs odd discount but means that much of head ache and fuel too :(
Stopped over at Hot Tracks today- here is a detailed experience
Walked into the showroom and asked a guy about the Duro Mats from Time Techno plast- got a firm nod as to NO- we DO NOT HAVE THEM.
I said, i had talked to someone here, the guy then brought the owner, who was busy till then talking to some oriental guy who could be his supplier( he has a lot of imported stuff)
The guy then pointed to something in a heap and in a off hand manner commented- yeah you had called me...
He then pointed out some other mats to me- and said we are importing these and they are really great.
I asked how much- the said 4k!!!!! I was aghast- am i buying a car mat or a house carpet????
Anyways, the person was extremely dis interested in selling those and was CLEARLY more interested in selling these imported ones...
I then went around to check other stuff- there was no interest to show much to a prospective customer..
I think this fancy place with HUGE stuff- most of it imported is a BIG RIP OFF...the prices of things i saw are jacked up big time, the owner is quite off hand and one is better off going to a place one knows about
I called the number (cell number) of the places given to me by time techno guys, the guy had no clue on Duro Mats. So much for professionalism...this trade works like a mess with total morons running the show in most places...

Last edited by mkh : 18th February 2010 at 23:29.
mkh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2010, 15:20   #50
BHPian

mkh..
4k??!!! is he trying to carpet the entire car, including roofs, doors dashboard & the driver !!! that guy is not only a moron, but arrogant too ! Ironically he tops on the dealer list for Duromat ! He was actually referring to me as I had checked with him yesterday about mats before I shared the information here.

I have spoken to him(Anil) over phone on couple of occassions for my air filter and he seemed to be totally disinterested. It looks like he is blowing away his excessive savings with this time pass shop.

Unfortunately Hot tracks seems to be on top of the list in Bangalore for dealing various car accessories. I dont think I will go to Hotracks for my filters also. ! Sorry for going heavily OT

Hey I got this call from JC road dsitributor for Duromat called Pagaria(no : Nine eight four 4071923), referred by Time Techno Plast(no: nine four four nine 118307)who are the main guys for Duromat. He was so kind enough that he is sending me samples of Duromat to my office at 4 pm. And he is also ready to door deliver.

Charges for 4 mats soft ones made of rubber = Rs.900 and Rs.1300 for the hard ones made of plastic

So is 900 worth the price, especially in this thread where the DIY has costed few hundred only ??

Will keep you updated

@bapu, When you meant end to end, did you remove your front seats and covered the entire car floor ?

Last edited by s3va : 19th February 2010 at 15:28.
Old 19th February 2010, 15:42   #51
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mkh..
4k??!!! is he trying to carpet the entire car, including roofs, doors dashboard & the driver !!! that guy is not only a moron, but arrogant too ! Ironically he tops on the dealer list for Duromat ! He was actually referring to me as I had checked with him yesterday about mats before I shared the information here.

I have spoken to him(Anil) over phone on couple of occassions for my air filter and he seemed to be totally disinterested. It looks like he is blowing away his excessive savings with this time pass shop.

Unfortunately Hot tracks seems to be on top of the list in Bangalore for dealing various car accessories. I dont think I will go to Hotracks for my filters also. ! Sorry for going heavily OT

Hey I got this call from JC road dsitributor for Duromat called Pagaria(no : Nine eight four 4071923), referred by Time Techno Plast(no: nine four four nine 118307)who are the main guys for Duromat. He was so kind enough that he is sending me samples of Duromat to my office at 4 pm. And he is also ready to door deliver.

Charges for 4 mats soft ones made of rubber = Rs.900 and Rs.1300 for the hard ones made of plastic

So is 900 worth the price, especially in this thread where the DIY has costed few hundred only ??

Will keep you updated

@bapu, When you meant end to end, did you remove your front seats and covered the entire car floor ?
If the guy has a lot of money to pump- he can hold a lot of inventory...maybe a while back he was nice..and now like in all cases..once business is well set..the attitude can go to the dogs..
Well. at least he can say good bye to business from 2 people...and hope more who can see what is he up to. I am sure he is running some shady game there with selling 3M stuff which is supposedly ONLY for detailers and not for retail sale..its mentioned on the industrial cleaner- NOT FOR RETAIL SALE and he is selling it!!!
Nice guy man- he is willing to come all the way...i guess 900 is the right price...just check and if you can post pics and experience u had..will give the same guy a call..
Old 19th February 2010, 16:46   #52
BHPian

Quote:
mkh..

Hi Siva,

Have attached the pics. Didnt remove the seats.

Check the last pic on the right hand side ( taken from the centre ), i went overboard and put the matting everywhere

Also didnt do a lot of fine cutting as felt that it'll help in keeping the car clean and hence didnt just limit it to the floor and kept it curved up a bit right till the entrance.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-new-folder.jpg  

Old 19th February 2010, 17:23   #53
Team-BHP Support

I don't know I prefer the Packy Poda universal mats to these. They cost around Rs.700 and do a pretty good job of collecting the dirt and look pretty good as well.
Old 19th February 2010, 20:49   #54
BHPian

Dear All,

It's very heartening to see that people liked the idea and are pampering their cars with this stuff. Well, that was real aim of this post. Thanks and cheers !
Old 19th February 2010, 22:57   #55
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mkh..

Will keep you updated

did the guy come and give a demo? if so- share the experience...seeing the pics posted by bapu- i feel its a great idea to cover the floor well and then put additional mats over and above...esp useful in the rains we have in blr
Old 19th February 2010, 23:56   #56
BHPian

mkh,

The guy promptly turned up, not with the samples, but the entire set !!! He brought all the available colors and sizes. I saw black, grey and kinda beige ! I think its worth the money ! I will scoot around for some more and if I dont find any better I will end up buying duromat. Now that Vid6639 has provided one more option !

SInce the camera is disabled in my Blackberry, I couldnt take pics. But hey, all you need to is to call the number and he will do the needful for you to have a look at the carpets. You may refer my name, I have told him about other interested people in the forum.

Thanks a ton BAPU for the pics. Neat job !
Old 20th February 2010, 13:40   #57
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I don't know I prefer the Packy Poda universal mats to these. They cost around Rs.700 and do a pretty good job of collecting the dirt and look pretty good as well.
any pics u got? i got some mats for 700 too and they do great, they are hard plastic and not much dirt gets accumulated- one shake and they are good..easy to clean also. But they are not the kind what we have seen in the pics on this thread..
Old 20th February 2010, 14:08   #58
BHPian

Any idea where we can get good coir carpet mats for the car? i have been searching but not able to find good ones.
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:12   #59
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mkh,

The guy promptly turned up, not with the samples, but the entire set !!! He brought all the available colors and sizes. I saw black, grey and kinda beige ! I think its worth the money ! I will scoot around for some more and if I dont find any better I will end up buying duromat. Now that Vid6639 has provided one more option !

SInce the camera is disabled in my Blackberry, I couldnt take pics. But hey, all you need to is to call the number and he will do the needful for you to have a look at the carpets. You may refer my name, I have told him about other interested people in the forum.

Thanks a ton BAPU for the pics. Neat job !
any updates? if you could buy it- do post some pics...if you found any other option?
Latheesh- could you locate a carpet dealer where these are found near your place?
I got a contact of another dealer- that is on Thip Main Road- PM me and i can give you those details, maybe they have other stuff also..i plan to check it out today maybe
Old 23rd February 2010, 08:15   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
any pics u got? i got some mats for 700 too and they do great, they are hard plastic and not much dirt gets accumulated- one shake and they are good..easy to clean also. But they are not the kind what we have seen in the pics on this thread..
Here you go:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post1492628

Most Viewed