Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good thing for our cars ?
Yes 47 68.12%
No 8 11.59%
Not sure 14 20.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2010, 23:19   #91
BHPian

What about the effect of dust on the A/c evaporator ? The A/c usually sucks up air from near the floor on the front passenger side and the evaporator can get choked up really fast if the matting is not cleaned regularly even daily.
Old 5th October 2012, 13:47   #92
BHPian

Re: Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get

I have been using these carpets for the last 6 months. They are called " noodles mat" in the market. They come as rolls and are available in shops which sell carpet and curtain materials.

Costs between 70 and 85 per square feet, based on the quality of the material. My i20 needed about 20 sq.ft.

It was a DIY . I took a rough measurement (with a little buffer) and started one carpet at a time. Since there was a little extra on all sides, I could cut the sides little by little until the perfect fit was done. I put one second layer where my foot rests below the pedals (else there would be a hole here after about a year- experience from my brothers car). This layer can be fixed with fevi-quick.

Advantages:
1.All dust get settled down inside the carpet.
2.The floor area would be completely free from flying dust.
3.It feels good on the feet and gives a cushioned effect.
4.Long Lasting and less cleaning required.
5. Water proof and smell proof

Disadvantages:
1. Difficult to get some of the dirt particles stuck inside. (Check the attached picture.you can see some small leaves stuck inside my mat.
2. Color options limited.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-carpet.jpg  

nettooran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2013, 11:46   #93
BHPian

Any idea where can I find these in Pune (which carpet shop?). Preferably around Deccan.

I enquired at 3M shop and the quote I got from them was Rs 230 per sq ft + VAT!!
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:05   #94
BHPian

Is it Dura or Duro mats? Any idea where can I get them in Bangalore for my Palio Stile?
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:36   #95
Senior - BHPian

You can get this material easily in Bangalore in commercial street area , There are some shops selling poly-fill for pillows and mattress and they stock these mats and sell for 75 - 85 Rs a foot. The width of roll is around 4 feet so buying 1 feet means you get approx 4 sq feet.

Last edited by amitk26 : 23rd April 2013 at 17:38.
Old 16th November 2015, 19:45   #96

Reviving a very old thread partly because I have benefited immensely from the information posted here and would like to give back my share :

Pagaria no longer stocks these. I got mine from Canvas Center at JC Road (080-22121144). There are 2 varieties for DuroSoft - I got the premium one which costed me Rs.92/sft (including taxes). Got a proper computerized receipt too. This store stocks a lot of different mats of all material and are more reasonably priced than other shops nearby (I checked out a few of them to compare and ensure).
Old 7th January 2016, 09:36   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecospirit View Post
Pagaria no longer stocks these. I got mine from Canvas Center at JC Road (080-22121144). There are 2 varieties for DuroSoft - I got the premium one which costed me Rs.92/sft (including taxes). Got a proper computerized receipt too. This store stocks a lot of different mats of all material and are more reasonably priced than other shops nearby (I checked out a few of them to compare and ensure).
Thanks for the lead, I too got the Durosoft Premium from there. There are no issues with smell in the car too so far, though I have not parked the car in the sun since the installation.

Haven't covered the driver's side yet, as it needs further study on how to cut the mat. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great. It is for XUV500.

Thanks!
Old 21st August 2016, 13:41   #98
BHPian

Hey guys

Trying to revive an old thread.
Does anyone have feedback on these Durosoft/ duroturf mats - whether these smell if the car is left in the sun?
Also any idea where can i get these in Gurgaon?

Cheers!
Old 6th October 2016, 15:25   #99
BHPian

Re: old Swift VDi 3D car mats?

Could you please suggest some good 3D car mats for my old swift VDi. The stock mats are pain to clean and am looking for something which is easier to maintain.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks