Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do you think this is a good thing for our cars ?
Yes 47 68.12%
No 8 11.59%
Not sure 14 20.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2010, 19:06   #31
BHPian

agree with the material, but would probably look for a slightly less bright colour...
Old 16th February 2010, 21:37   #32
Senior - BHPian

Red carpet for Tata Safari ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
should have trademarked this two years ago.

Still using this; 23 months now. Lets see if I can get latest pix.
The carpet still stays good even after almost 2years of use.
Attached Thumbnails
Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-lhs_safari.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-rear_safari.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-rear1_safari.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-rearon1_safari.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-rearr_safari.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-reartopview_safari.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-frnt.jpg  

Attached Images

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2010, 21:46   #33
BHPian

Coincidentally I picked up 3M mats of the same genre today and ran into this thread.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:27   #34
Senior - BHPian

Posting some pics of the 3M mats in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
should have trademarked this two years ago.
I am having the 3M mats on my car for about 60 months now. What should I say then ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_head View Post
Coincidentally I picked up 3M mats of the same genre today and ran into this thread.
Where did you get it done , how much did it cost you and for which car ?
Attached Thumbnails
Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-25112009302.jpg  

Great Idea - Simply the best car mats you can get-25112009303.jpg  

rr_zen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2010, 09:36   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
Where did you get it done , how much did it cost you and for which car ?
Got it done in Anna Nagar. My friend is a distributor of 3M products so got it directly. Car - Ford Ikon. Cost - Paid much lower than the retail cost.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Here goes the actual pics of these mats in my Swift. Sorry for bit poor quality snaps....took it from my cell..
I see one problem in your photos. You have worn two different socks .

Jokes apart Please tell me address of the shop in Pimpri.
Old 17th February 2010, 11:53   #37
mkh
Senior - BHPian

It is really a pain to use the black mats- i saw some thick ones- which are of plastic but good quality for about Rs 700 and put them in my car. They hardly get dirty and are very easy to clean. The dust does not show up like the way it does on the black mats. If at all it does, just have to remove and shake them...have not cleaned them more than 2 times in the past 4 months...will post a pic sometime maybe but they are very popular now in any accessory shop..planning to get one set for the i-10 also..
Old 17th February 2010, 12:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

It might be a good option for the passenger area!

On rainy days, wet shoes and these carpets would make your shoes/sandals slip! I have experienced the same in my friend's Linea.
Old 18th February 2010, 10:49   #39
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samdarshi.pali View Post
This is really a good effort by Abhay. Just to add that the company manufacturing DuroSoft mats also made car mats using the same high grade polymer. Product are sold as DuroMat for various car models and probably cost less.

Duro Wipe matting made from special polymer are available in different colour & sizes

- Samdarshi
I went to the site- time technoplast is the manufacturer- they have standard and premium mats.
I emailed them and promptly got a reply yesterday. I then got a call and asked the dealer names and numbers- was told that i will know this today. There are some in JC Road in BLR- but thats too far for me.
I got a call today and will shortly get the names of dealers in Koramangala -BLR to buy those. Looks like decent bets, will post more once pay them a visit personally..
Old 18th February 2010, 11:10   #40
BHPian

mkh..pls share the dealers contact once you have them. I am willing to buy. By the by did you try 3M since you already have some contacts ? If yes,whats their price ?
Old 18th February 2010, 11:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
It is really a pain to use the black mats- i saw some thick ones- which are of plastic but good quality for about Rs 700 and put them in my car. They hardly get dirty and are very easy to clean. The dust does not show up like the way it does on the black mats. If at all it does, just have to remove and shake them...have not cleaned them more than 2 times in the past 4 months...will post a pic sometime maybe but they are very popular now in any accessory shop..planning to get one set for the i-10 also..

Yes I agree, i have these above the normal ones in my Punto & all u need to do is take it out & one FFFaaatak & alls good as new'

Ok on the red carpet one will try to use & then judge, However how would a Red carpet look on black Scorpio
Old 18th February 2010, 12:30   #42
BHPian

Had used the same original 3M thing for >3yrs sourced from Balaji Agencies,Chennai for my Ikon. Have to get the same for my new Fiesta though. It is sold per sq. foot basis.

In my personal opinion, however, for high-end cars, with OEM branded mats/carpets costing appx 2K, what is the use if the same is covered with these mats. These OEM carpet/mats are fairly long lasting and give that luxurious feeling. It is easier to clean/dust as well. Except during rainy seasons, I prefer to use the OEM mats rather than these 3M ones. On the driver side though I keep a small piece covering appx 1/2 the footwell area, just in case, if I have stepped over some s**t.
Old 18th February 2010, 12:36   #43
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
mkh..pls share the dealers contact once you have them. I am willing to buy. By the by did you try 3M since you already have some contacts ? If yes,whats their price ?
The number of dealers:
1. 98450048580
2. 41104109
If u get to call and try out- let me know, my visit maybe after a few more days..
My 3M contact is only for the cloth, do not know about the 3M mats..but they should be avail in retail sales so no need to ask the guy..he is anyways not entertaining me anymore as i pestered him for more cloths :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Yes I agree, i have these above the normal ones in my Punto & all u need to do is take it out & one FFFaaatak & alls good as new'

Ok on the red carpet one will try to use & then judge, However how would a Red carpet look on black Scorpio
Maybe they have different colors...try out...the best part of the biege mats is that they do not look dirty even tho light colored and the grip is really nice..
Old 18th February 2010, 13:55   #44
BHPian

Thanks mkh,, Hot tracks in Old Airport road(Victoria road) deals with Duramat. I just spoke to them. They also have other brands available

3M maybe priced anywere between 1.5 to 2 k
Old 18th February 2010, 14:02   #45
Senior - BHPian

I am going to check it on this weekend. Let me start with my neighbourhood carpet store

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks