Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 19:09   #1
BHPian

Connecting a laptop to a Skoda Superb

I want to connect a laptop to my Skoda Superb 2.5 V6 TDI, As to change the torque and get more power from the engine. Can this be done? If yes, can some one guide me through the process?
Old 7th February 2010, 19:29   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
I want to connect a laptop to my Skoda Superb 2.5 V6 TDI, As to change the torque and get more power from the engine. Can this be done? If yes, can some one guide me through the process?
Buddy, I think you are looking for something more like a third party diagnoser, i.e. one that i'm pretty familiar with is the X-431 available in two US and Chinese makes. in addition to that you might also need to have the right connector interface for your V6. the only drawback would be the price, very expensive, above $1200/-.

There are others in the market too which i don't have so much know-how about. alternatively, to get a professional job done, you can contact the pro's like PETES (www.petes.in) or KS Motor-sport (www.ksmotorsport.co.in) to name a few.

In order to have the diagnosing done thru your laptop, you will need the proper software and connectors too, maybe some additional hardware to interface between the two (car and laptop).

cheers!!!

Last edited by regnex : 7th February 2010 at 19:33. Reason: adding more data
Old 7th February 2010, 20:38   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by regnex View Post
Buddy, I think you are looking for something more like a third party diagnoser, i.e. one that i'm pretty familiar with is the X-431 available in two US and Chinese makes. in addition to that you might also need to have the right connector interface for your V6. the only drawback would be the price, very expensive, above $1200/-.

There are others in the market too which i don't have so much know-how about. alternatively, to get a professional job done, you can contact the pro's like PETES (www.petes.in) or KS Motor-sport (www.ksmotorsport.co.in) to name a few.

In order to have the diagnosing done thru your laptop, you will need the proper software and connectors too, maybe some additional hardware to interface between the two (car and laptop).

cheers!!!
No I dont want pete's and stuff like that. I want to do it on my own. Can anyone help me with the software and connectors? Cause I once remember reading something on Team Bhp about someone connecting their laptop to a Octavia vRS.

I can try and get the software from the Skoda service guys.
Old 7th February 2010, 20:41   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
No I dont want pete's and stuff like that. I want to do it on my own. Can anyone help me with the software and connectors? Cause I once remember reading something on Team Bhp about someone connecting their laptop to a Octavia vRS.

I can try and get the software from the Skoda service guys.
well to change stuff like the torque and power you need to have a lot of knowledge about that and also the software will cost alot. you can get a diagnostic software and an obd cable and connect your laptop to the car with that. but you wont be able to change anything.
Old 7th February 2010, 20:42   #5
BHPian

Quote:
I once remember reading something on Team Bhp about someone connecting their laptop to a Octavia vRS.
IIRC, that would be ajmat. Contact him.
Old 7th February 2010, 21:41   #6
BHPian

If you need to just run a diagnostic / activate or deactivate some features on your car you can buy the VAG software + cable. ( Try: Ross-Tech: Home ) or you can contact Pete's.

To get more Power + Torque from your car, you would need to reflash your ECU with a new file that contains these additional parameters.

I strongly suggest that you do not do this yourself and contact a professional ( Pete's or some other ) to do the same.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:41   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You might want to try out the Race Dynamics box as well. Atleast for the petrols, RD has innumerable tuning & tweaking potential.
Old 15th February 2010, 14:09   #8
BHPian

Ok I understand I cannot increase the power on my own. Which would squeeze out more power petes or race dynamics?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks