Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 14:15   #31
BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion Pramod..
It worked, but, there were some more issues waiting..

1. I went to the tire alignment shop, its called the "Jaggi Tires" in Janakpuri (West Delhi)..

2. This guy at Jaggi, went to a test drive with me, and found that the front shockers are done

3. He also noticed that the rear left side tire is making some zzzzzzzzzzzz kinda noice, later it was found that it was the time to change the wheel bearings

4. This guy also told me that it will be of no use getting the alignment done, with getting the repairs done.

5. There was a small shop named "Khan Shockers", I went to this shop and then got a pair of front shockers.

6. While the guy opened the shockers, he found that the brake shoes were also finished. Only the metal plate was left, touching the disc part of the brake, he told me if I don’t buy new brake shoes, the disc will be damaged..

7. So I purchased a pack of new brake shoes.

8. Front shockers and shocker kit, rear bearing and brake shoe were changed.

Now there is no sound coming from the tires, and ride quality is very smooth. Brakes have also become much reliable..
Alignment done finally.

Total Expenses:

Rs. 2500 new OEM shockers with shocker kit. Don’t know which brand but it was same which come as OE fitting from Maruti.. (Starts with M)
Rs. 210 Bearing: RANE
Rs. 315 Brake shoe: TVS
Rs. 1000 Labor
Rs. 150 Alignment and wheel balancing

will post pics soon..
Old 16th March 2010, 14:17   #32
BHPian

by the way, I went to Mathura last weekend with my family (before these shocker replacement was done)..will post pics here and make a small travelogue..

my travelogue :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ra-my-zen.html

can some one tell me, where to get replica (but good quality) steering wheels in Karol bagh ?? and approximately at what cost?? Thanks in advance..and i hope there are no disadvantages in adding one, reason I want to change is zen's oe steering is quite bigg..and the grip isnt exciting..

getting a replica steering wheel for Rs 4500 + 500 for the hub..is tha okay? it is imported from bangkok..

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2010 at 19:35. Reason: Merging posts. Do NOT unnecessarily bump up your threads.
Old 18th March 2010, 19:28   #33
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 30th March 2010 at 19:34.
nick17s is offline   Received Infraction
Old 26th March 2010, 14:47   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
getting a replica steering wheel for Rs 4500 + 500 for the hub..is tha okay? it is imported from bangkok..

Post some pics, 5k looks little on the higher side. its usually 1-2 k

Pramod
Old 26th March 2010, 14:55   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Post some pics, 5k looks little on the higher side. its usually 1-2 k

Pramod

1-2k ???????? are you kidding me ?? okay ill get some pics..
Old 26th March 2010, 15:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

1-2k ???????? are you kidding me ?? okay ill get some pics..
Replicas are usualy available for 1-2k, unless you are talking of some really nice momo stuff, 1st quality replicas. There was a steering for sale for 800 bucks, momo replica, was nice but i had no idea where to find the hub for my lancer from. Inkarolbagh you would usually see the prices inflated, but once you start talking they come to reasonable rates.

Pramod
Old 30th March 2010, 11:18   #37
BHPian

Changing engine oil was pending since last 2 months, changed engine oil and oil filter yesterday..
engine noise is comparatively less now.
Castrol Magnatec 3.5 Litre Rs.1200 (labor included)..
My car runs approx. 1200 kms per month..
Old 9th April 2010, 23:21   #38
BHPian

Hey Nick, I am also planning to go for Synthetic oil. How do you feel after the oil upgrade?
Old 10th April 2010, 10:06   #39
BHPian

@lightening: Bro this was not pure synthetic oil, but there is a positive change for sure.
You can go for pure synthetic oil, but it will cost you almost 3 times the normal oil, if you have to spend that much my suggestion would be change oil every 3 months and use normal oil (if you can take out time for your ride), that would keep the engine more intact..rest you can ask the gurus.

Last edited by nick17s : 10th April 2010 at 10:09.
Old 11th April 2010, 11:11   #40
BHPian

hi guys, yesterday while pressing the clutch I heard a cranking sound and since then I am having issues while changing the gears, the clutch is fully pressed but it seems that it is not pressed fully, gear changing isn't smooth (specially the back gear), is it the clutch plate or the wire? How can I check that myself ?
Old 12th April 2010, 09:41   #41
BHPian

Quote:
hi guys, yesterday while pressing the clutch I heard a cranking sound and since then I am having issues while changing the gears, the clutch is fully pressed but it seems that it is not pressed fully, gear changing isn't smooth (specially the back gear), is it the clutch plate or the wire? How can I check that myself ?
Issue resolved.
Yesterday went to the workshop, after a test drive the mechanic found that the clutch's wire was loose, tightening it worked, gear changing is smooth as before now.
Cost: 0 (as the workshop is known).
Old 19th April 2010, 10:28   #42
BHPian

hii guys !

That clutch issue was irritating me again, and this time I found out that the clutch wire is about to break, went to workshop and changed the clutch wire.
Time consumed: 15 minutes.
Expenses: Rs. 195 clutch wire
Rs. 100 labor charges.

Yesterday I went to faridabad (sector 46) with my mom dad, a friend and his mom, in my Zen, and we looking out for an apartment (as going for the first time).
I gave the car keys to the friend to drive, this friend of mine stopped the car near a Haryana Police PCR, and asked a constable, "abe yaar ye sector 46 me Citizen apartment kahan padega" and I don’t know what part of the constable's sentiments were hurt, he said, wait for a min, we waited, and he came back with a sub inspector, I came out of my car, that SI then looked at me from head to toe(he wasn't able to see any one inside the car, as the side tints are 100% black) and said gaadi ki RC dikhao, I was shocked, and asked him that why do you want to see the RC and how does it related to a simple query that I had asked, the constable told him that we were driving rash (he was thinking that there were only 2 people in the car), I didn’t show him the RC and then everyone from the car came out and my dad were literally shouting on them, why did the constable lie that my son is driving rash, SI told the constable to remove the window tint, he came and tried to took off the film, but he was unable to do that, I told them that I will get the film removed today in Delhi, but the constable’s ego was hurt, he was scratching the tint with his bike key, and finally tore the film of front left side. I told him that he wants to remove the film this way, he can, but if the window glass gets scratches then he have to pay for the damages, the SI went away from the scene, and constable then said we can go, my friend came and asked “taau abb to address bata de” I felt like killing my friend right there, constable showed us that we were standing opposite that apartment. Duhh, can’t mention here, how I felt at that point of time.

Those idiots wanted to make money.
I abused that friend like hell, as he only started the thingy, as he behaved so casual with the cop.
Will post the pic of the window today eve.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:16   #43
BHPian

Poor film !!

My Zen LXi wth some Basic Mods-image000-medium.jpg

From Inside

My Zen LXi wth some Basic Mods-image001-medium.jpg

Other Window

My Zen LXi wth some Basic Mods-image002-medium.jpg
Old 6th May 2010, 21:14   #44
BHPian

saw these two rims yesterday, but didn't install because the right size of tire were not available, will go again to install the rims and tires coming weekend

Please suggest which rim looks better??

This one is a new one (i mean in 13" size) kinda negative offset

My Zen LXi wth some Basic Mods-o.jpg

and this was the latest design (as informed by the shopkeeper), had red lip

My Zen LXi wth some Basic Mods-red.jpg

would also appreciate if some one can photoshop them..

Last edited by nick17s : 6th May 2010 at 21:15.
Old 9th May 2010, 12:19   #45
BHPian

Completed 70000 yipee !

with many ups and downs
Attached Thumbnails
My Zen LXi wth some Basic Mods-07052010016-medium.jpg  

Most Viewed