Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2010, 11:13   #16
Senior - BHPian

Save the money for something else. RS doesn't need a hot color to catch people's attention. Give it a nice polish
Old 5th March 2010, 11:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Adding my 2 cents of thought - what about the color mentioned in the RC book? It might become troublesome at some point; just imagine this, if you travel out of the state & some cop tries to extort money in the name of NOC & sees that your vehicle color & the color mentioned in the RC is different, be prepared to treat him well.

IMO, silver is one of the best color that I love to own; whatever be my next car/bike, it will be silver.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:51   #18
BHPian

Also heard that if you change the color of the car without updating in RC & Insurance, Insurance guys may create trouble if perchance you have to make a claim! So beware.
Old 5th March 2010, 11:57   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasma View Post
Hmm..

Think as a buyer. If you have gone to buy a car and then find out its completely repainted. How much will you beleive that the car wasnt painted after an accident?

Why will somebody paint his car in different color than the original after accident if the owner has plan to sell his car in near future?
Old 7th March 2010, 16:29   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Silver is the easiest colour to maintain, I can tell you this from experience (owned two silver cars in the past). Plus, changing the colour will require a complete strip down of the car. Factory paint + build have unmatched quality.

Silver RS' with nice wheels, tints & smoked lights look super hot. My recommendation : No change in colour.
Yeaa i too feel right about that .Stripping down the car is a bad idea as the factory fitted built can never remade.

What i would like to know is that can we have the same gloss in silver color via polishing like other colors have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
When someone has the itch to have things look different , i always tell them to go from the ground up. First spend on low cost quality thrills and slowly work your way to the expensive choices.

Maybe a respray of the wheels to a different shade and that compliment the Silver Body to start with ? This would probably change yours and others' perpective who look at the car.
But i think jet black on silver looks good right?..i had silver wheels before i changed it to dark Gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Save the money for something else. RS doesn't need a hot color to catch people's attention. Give it a nice polish
yeah that's what i would do first if i am not going for a paint job

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Adding my 2 cents of thought - what about the color mentioned in the RC book? It might become troublesome at some point; just imagine this, if you travel out of the state & some cop tries to extort money in the name of NOC & sees that your vehicle color & the color mentioned in the RC is different, be prepared to treat him well.

IMO, silver is one of the best color that I love to own; whatever be my next car/bike, it will be silver.
yeah...now i am getting a little confident about silver color.thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_mouli View Post
Also heard that if you change the color of the car without updating in RC & Insurance, Insurance guys may create trouble if perchance you have to make a claim! So beware.
no that wont happen.I have a modified zen.we just need to update the photograph taken if there is any change in the exterior looks of the vehicle.

Last edited by HAFI : 7th March 2010 at 16:31.
Old 7th March 2010, 16:35   #21
BHPian

car looks good.i think there is no need of paintjob atleast right now.
Old 26th June 2010, 18:57   #22
evo
BHPian

I got my RS repainted, you can check my garage if you wish. In terms of strip down and refit, it wasnt much of an issue except the Skoda A.S.S`s (JIA AUTO in this case) now well documented habit of stealing parts.

They didnt sand off the earlier colour, so it had some issues. They finally did that too and repainted the car fully again.

Some details on Skoda A.S.S threads too.
Old 27th June 2010, 01:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, repainting the car would severely affect the resale. But then I too would love an RS to be in RED, YELLOW or BLACK .

IMO, As of now your car looks fine in silver, doing some minor mods like smoking lights, changing wheels, or even throwing in some 'light' classy vinyls would bring out the sportiness in the RS.
Old 27th June 2010, 01:43   #24
BHPian

Carbon fiber roof :P
Old 27th June 2010, 04:28   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

and carbon fiber hoods?, with air dam??.. :P . It would really satisfy the "sporty clothing urge" of the RS.

Last edited by dhanushs : 27th June 2010 at 04:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks