Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 02:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Even discounting the question or morality (right, none of the posters here are hypocrits), you'd be foolish to think that burglars who risk their livelihood and life by stealing from various sources would sell them for peanuts. Most of the stolen stuff ends up with the shops themselves who conveniently sell it off as second-hand stuff, while the chor-bazaars usually have stuff which doesn't have a high enough demand or has been tampered in some way.
Old 6th March 2010, 05:25   #17
BHPian

Thanks for commenting guys i guess i know what to do know thanks a lot thread closed

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

Last edited by torque.steer : 6th March 2010 at 05:27.
Old 6th March 2010, 09:24   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

@k2max6, thank you : you actually have brought out a couple of more points than we all have expressed here.
Quote:
k2max6 : Otherwise the chances are only 10-20 percent that you will get a decent working product if you go by your own.
This is a "chor bazar". The people there know each other & the regulars. People like us will stick out worse than an Englishman in New York, and the guarantee is more on us getting fleeced with prices and fake /faulty parts than us getting a good part at a good price .. the so called "value".

If the regulars - mechanics etc - pick up the parts on our behalf, they may get the working parts but we can be sure that he will include a premium when he quotes us the price. But since this will be lower than OE, a person may be happy to have saved some money.

Quote:
k2max6 : People generally come there when they are not able/willing to afford a spare part (new) or it is not available in the market.You will always find a few cielo,opel astra,vintage car owners there.
The exception : parts of cars that are long out of production. These will be typically salvaged parts, so we may have no other option than to go such places for these parts.

Quote:
k2max6 : All parts are not from burgulary infact majority of them come from scrapped/accidental cars with fine parts.
Agreed. But how does one know which part is not stolen and which part is ?

Quote:
torque.steer : Thanks for commenting guys i guess i know what to do know thanks a lot
Jo apni gaadi se sach-much kare pyar, woh OE se kaise kare inkaar ?
Old 6th March 2010, 09:41   #19
BHPian

its just that i am a student and my parents are totally against loud music system in car so they are not financing me for that and my pocket money is not that much that i spend it on buying new accessories which are costly so i was thinking for this option.... and guys please stop making me feel guilty this was my first thread and all i got was screwed by you guys ... sorry if i posted something wrong.... :(

Last edited by torque.steer : 6th March 2010 at 09:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks