Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 01:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
It should have been left as a sedan,and I absolutely hate replica kits (M5 in this case).But quality and craftsmanship looks top-class. Btw this is a MIVEC,should be proper fast..!
It looks more on the lines of the R34 Skyline GTR. Or did you mean something else when you said M5? Sorry if so.
Old 15th March 2010, 07:57   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAFI View Post
Sorry for the misleading title.Mods please do change the title.

Nope.Spacers r there both for the front and rear.And the spacers are really large.I too thought the same.

Yeah.Exact replica of M5 and Is it mivec?

But for normal Delhi registered lancer cost 2.5 here(petrol).I am sure that mode jobs should have taken another 2.5 or 3.After all its Autopsyche right?.The tires itself cost a bomb.

Nope.The owner already sold the vehicle.It has been bought by a vehicle broker.He also told that he will get the NOC and a new fancy number too.
damn. that's why the car is in this condition. Brokers-Profit minded fellows.Why don't they take care of the machine they are goin to sell for atleast god's sake?
Old 15th March 2010, 10:16   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
IMO, 4.7L would be a good price if it includes all the transfer costs and fancy number. After all, its only a 5 yr old INVEX with just 10k on the clock. Plus all those mods would definately cost a lot.
Just make sure the condition is good and the clock isnt doctored. Im sure that suspension wont last too long with that offset. Think about that as well!
Cheers!
5.20 is the asking price.I might get it for 5 after intensive bargaining.Yeaa mods definitely cost a bomb and that too its Autopsyche.Nope kms haven't been altered.

Due to large spacers either the suspension or the wheel bearing can blow up.We are restricted to drive slow.How can one drive slow with all these mods,i mean the adrenaline rush will be too high righ????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
4.70!! For THAT!! You must be joking!!
Joking in the sense price is too high or is it cheap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9557 View Post
damn. that's why the car is in this condition. Brokers-Profit minded fellows.Why don't they take care of the machine they are goin to sell for atleast god's sake?
yeaa.They don't even care how the vehicle is.All they care about is the money they could get.It took them two three days for to even wash the vehicle and the rear subs are not in position.All scattered here and there.And the amps are also not tuned.Subs aren't even working.Some problem with the connection i think.

Last edited by HAFI : 15th March 2010 at 10:19.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Due to large spacers either the suspension or the wheel bearing can blow up.We are restricted to drive slow.How can one drive slow with all these mods,i mean the adrenaline rush will be too high righ????

What mods does this car have? Just a FFE, filter and some plugs thats all. THis one is not a MIVEC. Trust me if it was a simple lancer without all those body mods would fetch you more than 5 lacs. This was one of the show cars with good ICE and body kit, and has nothing to boast about the power.

If i remember correctly the first Autopsyche lancer was karthik24x7's It was in 2007 i guess, when he got the body kit shipped from delhi and got it done here in Trivandrum.

IMHO, this is just a waste of money and will surly end up with some 12 class guy in no time, I hope you dont want to be seen in that, to me its outright wacky, the proptions are all wrong, The front and back looks interesting so do the skirts but the cabin looks wierd. Go find yourself a better lancer of the similar vintage at may be 2.5Lac and spend another lac to do it up.

As far as the breakup is considered.

1)Completely chopped up body(not the chassis) About 50K
2)Modded Bumpers with wide body kit. 20K
3)Modded exhaust and intake(k&n):20K
4)Pioneer Head Unit with velocity subs.20K(another 30 for the amps wireing etc ect....)
5)Recaro seats(they say its original,don't know yet):10K(they are malasian replicas)
6)RPM,pressure and oil gauges:5-10K(depending upon the total number of guages
7)Alloys and Maxis tyres(15"):30K

Total:1.9Lacs

Cost of another car of the same vintage:2.5Lacs(delhi lancer would be cheaper)
Total Mod cost including paint:2 Lacs

Total 4.5Lacs. Now the best part, there would be less surprises waiting for you in this one as you would know the car.

Think reasonabily, let this go. If i was you i would never even get near this one

Pramod
Old 15th March 2010, 10:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

This car did not do much mileage, that part is true. The conversion is weird, to my mind. It is the INVEX auto transmission. It had an accidental damage also. The front bumper was changed, though the accident was not serious.

If you ever damage the bumpers, front or rear, you'll have a problem getting replacements. Not to talk of the cost. Did you notice any cracks in the bodywork near the rear windscreen?

You can possibly get a used Cedia for that kind of money. My advice - stay away.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 15th March 2010 at 10:55.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Well, you will have to drive slow!! On our mivec, wrong offset wheels and slight spacers took out the entire suspension in a matter of a few thousand kms. And this will keep happening time and again unless you are driving on super smooth roads 100% of the time. Im not sure how much it'll cost to overhaul the suspension but im sure it'll be quite a bit. Will know only once the bill reaches..

Another thing you have to keep in mind is that in the event of an accident, you'll have to shell out a lot of money for the new bodykit and insurance wont cover it. Worst case scenario, they might reject the claim stating it was a modified car and was being used for racing at the time of the accident.

Someone mentioned a cedia here. That is actually a much better option.
Old 15th March 2010, 11:58   #22
BHPian

Yeah, not a good car to spend bucks on. Get a lancer for 2.5 and do her up with the rest of the budget. Or spend everything on your RS

EDIT : Your sig says you have a 06 Lancer. Do her up bro! Do you need another Lancer?

Last edited by prateekm : 15th March 2010 at 11:59.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:11   #23
Senior - BHPian

Yukstastic. What the hell happened to that poor car? :o
Old 15th March 2010, 12:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
My advice - stay away.
+1
I agree with Ricky and the others who are advising you not to go for this car. Doesn't look like it's been well maintained, and the spacers will definitely cause you grief down the line. Might be some more gremlins under the hood that you aren't aware of.
5 Lacs is a lot of money. You'll have many other options with that budget. If you're keen on a Lancer, why don't you do up the one you own at present (going by your signature)? If this isn't an option, buy an old Lancer and work on that.
If you have the patience and time, you could think about a Mivec transplant and cosmetic upgrades as per your taste.
Old 15th March 2010, 12:46   #25
BHPian

Mod Inspiration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
It looks more on the lines of the R34 Skyline GTR. Or did you mean something else when you said M5? Sorry if so.
I find this modded lancer a lot similar to the Australian UTEs. Maybe Autopsyche was inspired by the UTE.
The chop job, yielding a single 2 person cabin, makes the Lancer a distant cousin of the UTE .
Attached Thumbnails
Autopsyche's Lancer In Cochin!!!!-magnum8.jpg  

Autopsyche's Lancer In Cochin!!!!-3352874828_b6a3db4f5a.jpg  

Autopsyche's Lancer In Cochin!!!!-holden_ute_94.jpg  

Old 15th March 2010, 21:27   #26
Senior - BHPian

Sir aisa hai !! If you want looks alone, go for a stock lancer & have it done up cosmetically. If you want performance UPGRADE - a MIVEC transplant is the ONLY route.

I have been there - done that. Burnt not just my fingers & my arm in all the false promises those so called "tooners" make.

Though my car ran beautifully (I changed EVERYTHING in the car), did the so called upgrades, but the only power gain was in the mind.

Coming back to this particular car - STAY AWAY

Just trying to give you the correct prespective.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Old 20th October 2010, 15:37   #27
BHPian

Feel bad reviving an old thread, but saw this car and couldn't believe my eyes. My boss from my first company owned this car, this exact car, and kept it for a few months, and then sold it. I've seen this contraption personally, and makes a hell of a noise even when idle. I don't remember what he paid for this, but according to him the justification was that the vehicle number DL 3CAA 7232 belonged to someone really high up in Noida, so chances of getting a ticket anywhere in NCR were really low as all the cops knew whose car this was. He also told me that initially the person who had the car converted bought a new Lancer, and marched it straight into the AutoPsyche garage for modifications. Strange, but brings back memories... this was somewhere around end 2007 - 2008 IIRC...

Edit: While I'm still on the topic of jogging my memory back into action... the "Recaro" seats looked like a really cheap fabric and most of the vinyl's were misspelt. Looks like the vinyls have since been removed.

Last edited by kanuj : 20th October 2010 at 15:42.
Old 21st October 2010, 12:32   #28
BHPian

If one is ready to spend 5.2L on a custom car, i would suggest you go for a second hand ride and customize it according to your taste. Plus you will have the choice of what goes in and what doesn't.
You can start by saving money by cutting down spendings from one area of the car and utilize it in another. the choice is yours.
Spacers may make the car look great but are a killer and you will not be able to enjoy the ride for long.
Cheers
Old 25th October 2010, 14:07   #29
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Bumped into this thread. No Offense. I am not impressed with the
car. You can buy a stock Lancer and mod it according to your
style. Upgrades might be as simple as Alloys, FFE, rear spoiler,
skirting and good leather seats from Stanley to begin with.

Check out Red eye's Lancer. It's neat and a sweet ride.

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer SFXi Sports - redeye's Photo Gallery - Team-BHP

One of the hottest Lancers i have ever come across.

Cheers,
Old 28th October 2010, 20:16   #30
BHPian

Are the tail lights taken from Cedia? Looks like that..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks