Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2005, 18:52   #1
Senior - BHPian

badly modified cars;pics

hey guys
started this thread because i know there are many cars(and bikes) out there which are bad modifications.
The car below is a standard 10,and it really looks cheap!!!

the fog lights:

check out the door handle on the bonnet :

more pics to come!! please post your pics!!

binz
Old 27th September 2005, 19:13   #2
Senior - BHPian

We already have one such topic called "Bad Car Day", which I can assure you has a lot of awesomely modified cars.
Old 27th September 2005, 19:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

gee!!!im sorry....i searched but all i could find was an astra.MODS please delete this thread or somthing!!
thanks
binz
Old 27th September 2005, 22:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
started this thread because i know there are many cars(and bikes) out there which are bad modifications.
The car below is a standard 10,and it really looks cheap!!!
The joke is on you, binz (whatever). You don't even know what car you are abusing. Its not a Standard 10 but a friggin' Herald. So check what you say especially if you are going to make fun of people.

C'mon give the guy a break. All he did was to add a few lights and a door handle. There are many other hideous cars out there who have spent a lot of money on mods even more stupid than this.
Old 27th September 2005, 22:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
The joke is on you, binz (whatever). You don't even know what car you are abusing. Its not a Standard 10 but a friggin' Herald.
Ok the joke is on me .Honestly i confused names .please bear with a small kid!!!

binz

ps-Would you add a door handle???
Old 27th September 2005, 22:52   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok smart aleck. I would. Ok? You happy?

I am but a cheap sod who sympathizes with the Kings of Bad Taste. Especially when that bad taste costs but a few hundred rupees.
Old 27th September 2005, 23:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You need a door handle on the bonnet if you want to try opening the bonnet yourself. Else you need two people on either side of the car to remove the clips and lift each side since the bonnet on a Herald includes the fenders...which is basically the whole front of the car upto the front door, including the part that goes over the wheel arches.

It looks like the guy made these changes for his convenience and not to please anyone else. He may be living in an area where fog is common, and being a very old car he probably needs to open the bonnet a lot. This is not a cosmetic MOD but modifications done for convenience. No need to make fun of it - if he could afford a better car I am sure he would've bought one...

Last edited by Steeroid : 27th September 2005 at 23:04.
Steeroid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2005, 23:01   #8
BANNED

[QUOTE There are many other hideous cars out there who have spent a lot of money on mods even more stupid than this.[/quote]
Do you mean a certain car modifier(??) whose name is the fourth and third letter of the english alphabet??
Old 27th September 2005, 23:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

heheh no hes not the only one.for those who haven seen it check this thread out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...hlight=bad+car

rev
Old 27th September 2005, 23:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
You need a door handle on the bonnet if you want to try opening the bonnet yourself.
Notice that the handle is stuck on to the front part of the bonnet. Notice also, that the Herald opens its bonnet from the back, i.e. its hinged in the front...so that handle would pretty much be useless.

Quote:
It looks like the guy made these changes for his convenience and not to please anyone else.. No need to make fun of it - if he could afford a better car I am sure he would've bought one...

I totally agree....

Revtech those guys in that thread deserve to be on Beaterz.com

Last edited by ananthkamath : 27th September 2005 at 23:47.
Old 27th September 2005, 23:48   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
Notice also, that the Herald opens its bonnet from the back, i.e. its hinged in the front...so that handle would pretty much be useless.
Yes I know its hinged to the front - the only way you can pull it up from the front is if you put a handle somewhere on the bonnet. Its not very heavy (though cumbersome) so you can actually pull it up. Wont do his vertebrae any good, though...
Old 28th September 2005, 16:32   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It looks like the guy made these changes for his convenience and not to please anyone else.
Maybe the foglights......but the stickering and the handle have no use(especially with the bonnet opening backwards)

Quote:
He may be living in an area where there is fog
I have never experienced fog in indranagar....AND the foglamps are not positioned properly....some up....some down!!!

Quote:
No need to make fun of it - if he could afford a better car I am sure he would've bought one...
He lives in defence colony,indranagar...property rates in these places are in excess of crores....he has to be rich rich rich!!

binz
ps-no offence intended to anyone!!!

Last edited by binz : 28th September 2005 at 16:37.
Old 28th September 2005, 17:44   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
He lives in defence colony,indranagar...property rates in these places are in excess of crores....he has to be rich rich rich!!
Agree with you for the first part but that also doesn't mean that one has to be rich, rich to stay there

Besides, there is nothing really bad with that car. I've seen it and didn't find anything it to label as bad modification.

If you're interested to find bad mods on car, go to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showt...ghlight=bad+car

This thread is closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks