Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 09:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
He's done a good job in the past...
F_S,

What matters is not the good times. But how does 1 party handle a conflict Viz-a-Viz the other party. Is he approaching a win-win or a win-loose, even worse a loose-all situation.

Looks like the good times are over for him wrt your business. So time to move on. What beemer do you have? Why didnt you go the A$$ in the 1st place for accessories. This is not a regular car after all.

Problem one may face with a sun-film install is, they use soap-water to do the install. Keep spraying it, and it can get into some electricals on the door et-all. Its a beemer!!

The best and most expensive way to do a proper sun-film install is to dismantle the entire door padding. Take out the glass from its railings, clean it properly, warm-dry is nicely. Then do the install, let it dry for 1 whole day before being refit onto the doors.

Keep us updated on the progress...

--------Edit, garage has a 10' 320-------
Not a good choice to get it done in a accessories shop how ever big he may be. Please visit dealer ASAP----------

Last edited by svsantosh : 20th March 2010 at 09:24.
Old 2nd April 2010, 20:34   #17
BHPian

Hi, I have just booked a 320D CE...am quite to sad to read this thread..as basis your reco in the previous thread on your acquisition..was gonna shop around for 3M..can you let me know the basic difference between the 3 films mentioned on the thread...
Old 4th April 2010, 11:28   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team, need your help yet again, and need it soon. Have to fix this asap.

I had got the Beemer's sunfilm work done last week, and decided to put 3M all around. I've used this film before and got it done through the same installer (for my i20) and was very happy with the results. Unfortunately, this time the installation seems to be faulty.

The problem is that there are several small bubbles which have formed on the top edges of every door, these seem to be air bubbles. Doesn't make for a very good sight, and in my i20 the install was much better. But what's more worrying is that on the door glasses as well as on the rear windshield, visible small bubbles have formed in the centre due to visible dust particles which have been trapped inside during install. This makes the appearance even worse.

Now I want the entire filming changed, to be honest. This is the first Beemer in the house and I wanted perfection, heck, I want perfection in every car that I have. The installer came by today and had a look, and acknowledged the dust particles. However, he claims that if the entire film is removed and a new one is installed, then new bubbles might form and the gumming of the previous film may create problems for the new film.

As of now I've askd him to change the door glass films all around, and based on that work I will take a decision on the rear windshield. But I really need to know from you guys if I'm doing the right thing.

If proper cleaning of the glass is done after removal of the old film and before installing of the new film, won't it solve the problem of dust particles trapped inside? How will the gumming pose a problem then?

Frankly I don't doubt the installer since I've seen his work and had a good rapport with him, but I also need the opinion of my knowledgeable, reliable and ever-dependable Team in order to go ahead with this. This needs to be fixed asap before my dad gets irritated !! As it is he's not happy with the appearance of the car.

Hi Flyingspur,

Just a couple of questions. Is this an original 3M film? Is it fitted from an 'authorised' dealer? Does it have a warranty? What does the warranty cover?

Now, your installer is definitely taking you for a ride. 3M is a good film & a reputed company and all good films from reputed companies come with a warranty which ranges from 1yr to 5yrs depending on the quality of film. The high end films come with 5yr waranty. The warranty is against manufacturing defects like colour fading & scratches and also against faulty installation. In all cases the defective/wrongly installed film is removed & replaced with a new film free of cost!

Good sunfilms from reputed companies insist that their films are installed by experts who are from their company itself and visit the 'authorised dealer' on the day of install, if not, warranty is void. Yours is a typical case of faulty installation and 'has to be' replaced free of cost with no questions asked.

With regards to the issues cropping up if the film is removed and re-installed due to the gum and stuff is again a bunch of bull. I suggest you also speak to the 3M guys directly and keep them informed of the same so that they can instruct your installer to have the film replaced without any charges. All this, provided your installer is an authorised dealer in the first place.
Old 4th April 2010, 15:28   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Good sunfilms from reputed companies insist that their films are installed by experts who are from their company itself and visit the 'authorised dealer' on the day of install, if not, warranty is void. Yours is a typical case of faulty installation and 'has to be' replaced free of cost with no questions asked.

With regards to the issues cropping up if the film is removed and re-installed due to the gum and stuff is again a bunch of bull. I suggest you also speak to the 3M guys directly and keep them informed of the same so that they can instruct your installer to have the film replaced without any charges. All this, provided your installer is an authorised dealer in the first place.
Thanks. Exactly what I'm planning to do. Somehow I just find the time to pursue this. Hopefully this week.
Old 10th April 2010, 19:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please post some Customer Care info for 3M where I can send an email / lodge a complaint ?? Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 11th April 2010, 13:48   #21
BHPian

You might wanna try this...it's a regular 'Contact Us' page though. There are a few phone nos. on the right.

3M India: Contact 3M
Old 7th May 2010, 19:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

Update : 3M rep responded to my complaint, came and saw the car. Yet to receive further communication.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:21   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Update : 3M rep responded to my complaint, came and saw the car. Yet to receive further communication.
And they took nearly a month? Hows that for lousy service when you are charging premium money? Ideally, the situation should have been:

Morning : Customer places complaint

Either on the same day or the next : 3M executive visits the customers home / office and inspects the car.

Either on the spot, or within 60 minutes : Decision is taken (whether to replace, repair or close ticket). Dealer instructed accordingly & appointment given to customer.

If its taken a month for 3M to respond to your complaint, sorry to say, they need to get their act in order.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:40   #24
BHPian

3M service is exactly why I went for llumar. was told by too many people that 3M was horrid when it came to A.S.S.

any news now?
did they call you?
Old 9th May 2010, 01:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO and Sukrit :

Complaint was placed on 11th April, rather I just filled the online contact form. Within a day, an email came across requesting me to email my detailed complaint. I delayed emailing the complaint by 9-10 days because I was busy with my termwork which was wrapping up, meanwhile the rep called me himself to ask for an explanation as to what happened.

After the written complaint, the rep asked to meet me and inspect the car. Again, delay from my side regarding this because I was busy wrapping up my last term, with finals barely a week away. Rep came at the decided time and we had a discussion, he saw my car and promised to get back at me.

Anther 9-10 days go by, as my final exams start and I have to write nine papers on a trot. Now this is the ONLY time wherein the blame for the delay was from both my side as well as theirs, as no communication was received from their side. I sent them an email yesterday, again a prompt reply today confirming that the entire sunfilm will be replaced FOC and installation will be done by 3M themselves.

So, delay was mostly because of me, due to lack of time to follow-up. I'm extremely happy with the way 3M has handled this till now, and will give my final impression on this thread once the job is executed. They even accommodated my request of getting reinstallation done by one of their fellows because I made it clear that I didn't want to deal with that lousy fellow again who messed up my car in the first place (Sir, what if the bubbles come again on the new film, said he. Fat chance I was going to let him have a go at my car again).

As far as I'm concerned, their customer service is pretty much upto the mark.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 9th May 2010 at 01:08.
Old 9th May 2010, 12:05   #26
BHPian

that's good.
I hope it gets solved as soon as possible.
Old 9th May 2010, 13:02   #27
BHPian

I am a bit surprised here. Its been 15 days since I got the films (VKool all over) installed at the Vile Parle outlet. They claim to be the biggest one (and the others are their franchisees). I had even gone there after 8-9 days and they cleaned up the gooey stuff which stays on in the front screen to naturally dry off. No bubbles, whatsoever. Since I was on top of them during the entire installation, the guys seemed quite professional. They even removed the film from the roll and cut it in front of me, showing me that they are installing what I paid for. Anyways, good luck with with your re-installation.
Old 22nd May 2010, 15:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

Done. Highly professional, very well executed, only two small dust bubbles on the entire car which I can live with. I'm relieved, the BMW is now back to perfect. Delay was due to unavailability of stock for a particular film series. I would quite recommend the guy from 3M who handled my complaint, if anyone needs a 3M contact let me know.

Some pictures. Rear removal was done extremely cautiously with some solution to avoid problems with the defogger, now I haven't really tested it but I'm hoping that there's no problem.

Sunflim trouble on the BMW !!-photo0628-medium.jpg

Name:  Photo0626 Medium.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  82.9 KB

Sunflim trouble on the BMW !!-photo0630-medium.jpg
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:14   #29
Team-BHP Support

Good to see your having good quality sun-films done up by pros

^what precaution needs to be taken in case of a de-fogger? any links or replies?
Thanks
Old 22nd May 2010, 18:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
what precaution needs to be taken in case of a de-fogger?
When the old film is removed it leaves behind some adhesive, which is generally removed with a blade / cutter. However since there are defogger wires running across the rear windshield, blade cannot be used or needs to be used extremely cautiously. Alternatively a solution can be used.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks