Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 19:28   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Having tried many places I'd recommend Esperto for their passion and knowledge on the matter, (at Koramangala, Near Sony Signal). Take a free demo and then decide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelDmello View Post
I have booked Tata safari Royal blue and expecting delivery next week. I am worried about the scratches visible in this shade of color and thinking to get the PPF applied. can any of you please suggest a good center in Bangalore to get this done. Thank you.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:23   #182
ike
BHPian

Re: New White Honda City - which protection and accessories to go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
2) Ceramic coating with free touchup/reapplication every 90 days (2 years package)
3) PPF on scratch prone areas (inside of door handles, running boards, door edges, ORVMs and both bumpers)
Is the ceramic coating applied over the PPF? I'm assuming it is since there would be periodic reapplication?
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:45   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquehead_sb View Post
Greetings fellow BHPians.

Below are my requirements:

a) The paint should stay protected and the need for me getting a paint correction job doesn't arise soon.
b) Treated surfaces should offer some amount of resistance to dust and grime.
c) Should not hamper the original paint.
d) Makes the vehicle look good!
Hey There,

Below are my thoughts based on my experience with PPF and Ceramic coating on my Honda City.

a) Both Ceramic and PPF can offer this, however Ceramic requires reapplication every few months to maintain the look, PPF is a one time application (unless you have an incident and need to reapply a patch)
b) There is a difference between resistance and proofing. Yes both Ceramic and PPF offer 'resistance' to dust, but they still require cleaning. The only benefit here is the reduction in the number of wash cycles due to the hydrophobic effect
c) I would go with PPF for this one - ceramic offers this, but PPF is like a screen protector for your phone - impact will be on the tempered glass, not on the phone screen
d) Please do not mix paint protection and glossiness in the same treatment. Both Ceramic and PPF provide some amount of gloss, but their primary role is paint protection/hydrophobic coating. If you are looking for a high level of gloss, I would recommend just a wax polish from any reputed detailer. will be cost effective and can be reapplied as needed.

ultimately, it comes down to your area and the magnitude of driving. If you are in an area where there is always a lingering chance of biker collision (like in my garage), I would suggest going for a PPF on scratch prone areas and ceramic for the full body.

However, if you don't drive as much or are in a relatively safe area, a simple paint treatment (3M wax etc.) done every few months would be more than enough to cover your requirement

Weigh in if your first preference is showroom shine, paint protection or somewhere in between - choose the treatment accordingly.

Hope this helps
Arvindyoga is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 07:48   #184
BHPian

Re: New White Honda City - which protection and accessories to go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Is the ceramic coating applied over the PPF? I'm assuming it is since there would be periodic reapplication?
Yes that's correct. They apply ceramic on top of the PPF every 3 months. In hindsight, I could've avoided PPF on the bumpers as that costed me 70k. Just scratch prone areas like door handles, ORVMs would've been sufficient. Could've gone in for detailing/repainting every other year to save the cost on that.
Arvindyoga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 01:02   #185
BHPian

Hello, motorheads!

My black Ford Endeavour will be delivered this Sunday. Since it's black, I have decided to go with paint protection. I might most probably go for PPF. Visited Carzspa Bangalore, they do both XPEL and Aegis PPF apart from some lower brands which I was not interested in. There is at least a 30-40k difference between Aegis and XPEL, Aegis on the cheaper side. Both offer self-healing and hydrophobic up to some extend. The owner recommends Aegis. Has anyone tried this brand or has any feedback?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by motomonk : 16th March 2021 at 01:03.
Old 16th March 2021, 13:41   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone, I have booked Tata safari Royal blue and expecting delivery next week. I am worried about the scratches visible in this shade of color and thinking to get the PPF applied. can any of you please suggest a good center in Bangalore to get this done. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Hello, motorheads!

My black Ford Endeavour will be delivered this Sunday. Since it's black, I have decided to go with paint protection. I might most probably go for PPF. ?

Thanks in advance!
You can also consider/check Krithi Car Care. Few reviews about their service is updated in the below thread,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html
arun_josie is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:09   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvindyoga View Post
a) Both Ceramic and PPF can offer this, however Ceramic requires reapplication every few months to maintain the look, PPF is a one time application (unless you have an incident and need to reapply a patch)
I have PPF (bonnet and front bumper) and Ceramic coating on my car. Its around 20 months and close to 45K Kms since this treatment, so far no repolish or reapplying of Ceramic coating done. Its just water wash to maintain it. This was the recommendation from where I got this treatment done. Also, I was asked not to apply any kind of wax or coating over the PPF as it will be counterproductive. Maybe it depends on the quality of the product and installer.

I had to do a patch work on the PPF though due to a damage. Thankfully PPF did its job by protecting the paint.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:05   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, motorheads!

My black Ford Endeavour will be delivered this Sunday. Since it's black, I have decided to go with paint protection. I might most probably go for PPF. Visited Carzspa Bangalore, they do both XPEL and Aegis PPF apart from some lower brands which I was not interested in. There is at least a 30-40k difference between Aegis and XPEL, Aegis on the cheaper side. Both offer self-healing and hydrophobic up to some extend. The owner recommends Aegis. Has anyone tried this brand or has any feedback?

Thanks in advance!
Hi

were you able to finalise between Aegis/XPEL? also grateful if you could tell me the final cost.
Shortsell is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:15   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortsell View Post
Hi
were you able to finalise between Aegis/XPEL? also grateful if you could tell me the final cost.
I will be getting my car delivered the day after tomorrow. The vendor recommends Aegis and says it's shinier than Xpel. Xpel is a reputed brand, Aegis seems to be a new brand, did not find any reviews of it or company detail online.

I will share the cost estimate as soon I receive it tomorrow. Kindly let me know the outcome of your research too.

Thanks!
Old 25th March 2021, 21:56   #190
BHPian

Decided on full Aegis self-healing PPF from Carzspa for my black endeavor. Getting glass and alloy wheels ceramic coated and leather seat and dashboard coat as complimentary. The time required is 4 days. Counting days now!
Old 29th March 2021, 08:06   #191

Quote:
Decided on full Aegis self-healing PPF from Carzspa for my black endeavor. Getting glass and alloy wheels ceramic coated and leather seat and dashboard coat as complimentary. The time required is 4 days. Counting days now!
Congratulations Motomonk. Are you getting done at Carzspa opp to RV college? I saw a Black endeavour getting a PPF done there.
Old 29th March 2021, 12:16   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Motomonk. Are you getting done at Carzspa opp to RV college? I saw a Black endeavour getting a PPF done there.
Yes that should be mine then!
Old 30th March 2021, 06:06   #193
Senior - BHPian

Paint Protection Film (PPF)

Hi guys

Not sure if this question has been asked before.

How can we protect piano black interior trims from getting micro scratches? Is it okay to use PPF or is it better to get an XL size screen protector and cut it to the required shape?

Regards
Viju

Last edited by Viju : 30th March 2021 at 06:07.
Old 30th March 2021, 09:16   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
Hi guys

Not sure if this question has been asked before.

How can we protect piano black interior trims from getting micro scratches? Is it okay to use PPF or is it better to get an XL size screen protector and cut it to the required shape?

Regards
Viju
Get ppf, screen protectors are too thick.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 12:57   #195
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Motomonk, congratulaitons on the new ride.
We'll be twining with our rides by end of this week and I'm also looking to PPF the scratch prone areas like bumper, fenders, door edges and orvms. What was the final cost for you and did they share per sq.ft. price for Aegis vs Xpel?
Looking forward to some pictures and your reply. Cheers!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks