Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2006, 16:46   #46
BHPian

So what is the right place to install the O2 sensors??
at the end collector, where the secondaries meet?
I think it also depends on how the sensors were caliberated by the manufacturer.. some sensors need more heat some dont..so i feel the sensors should be approx the same distance from exhaust ports as was in the the OE manifold? experts comments??
Old 9th June 2006, 18:53   #47
BHPian

From my observation, O2 sensors placed far away tends to read a slightly leaner exhaust mixture, prompting the ecu to get slightly richer.

But Psycho does have a point placing the O2 sensor at/after the collector.
Old 11th September 2006, 14:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idnani
An esteem MPFI has a nice engine and they really improved it and twieaked it up when they went to fuel injection. The air-box of the esteem is not restrictive in stock form, so a K&N will no nothing, and even IF it gave 1-2HP more (which is highly doubtful), you cannot really tell this while driving.
Are you sure that a K&N will do nothing on a esteem MPFI? I seriously had an idea of fixing them to my car. Please tell me more about this before I make a big home in my pocket.

I am actually looking for only a performance and FE. I don't need the sound of the engine to change at anycost.

Please help.
Old 11th September 2006, 15:27   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by willy
Are you sure that a K&N will do nothing on a esteem MPFI? I seriously had an idea of fixing them to my car. Please tell me more about this before I make a big home in my pocket.

I am actually looking for only a performance and FE. I don't need the sound of the engine to change at anycost.

Please help.
If you have performance on mind, then get K&N Extreme Air filter, Automech Free flow with 4-2-1 Headers, Magnaflow Exhaust, Iridium spark plugs, NGK power cables etc.. And While you do this, Port and polish the engine too.

If you want Fuel efficiency to be increased also, then Stay away from heavy mods.

Engine sound will change for sure. Even if you get a K&N conical filter, it'll change the engine sound.

You cant have best of both worlds!
So, either decide for power and performance or smooth and fuel efficient ride!
Old 11th September 2006, 15:54   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
If you want Fuel efficiency to be increased also, then Stay away from heavy mods.

So, either decide for power and performance or smooth and fuel efficient ride!
That was a good explaination speedzak. Thanks.
I was actually told by a car mechanic from ozz one in Bangalore that if I change the stock filter to K&N, I will get good performance and the FE too. He says very clearly that it will improve both by atleast 5%. And he will charge 4.5K for the K&N Filter for my esteem 2004 vxi.
Old 3rd October 2006, 16:15   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys... here is a video i managed to capture yesterday with help from my colleague in the rear seat

the clarity is not all that great 'cos it was a phone cam... will try to get a better one hopefully soon....

till then i hope you guys like this.... btw i am thorougly enjoyin my mod's.... all thanks to psycho for his psychotic headers... the acceleration is so orgasmic...

here is the linky :

[COLOR=#0000ff]http://rapidshare.de/files/35325197/2.wmv.html[/COLOR]
Old 3rd October 2006, 18:56   #52
Senior - BHPian

here is an alternate linky... if the other doesn't work...

btw i admit i lost quite some revv's on my shift from 1st to 2nd.... will do a rerun again soon and post it... i can assure it will be quicker than this...
Old 28th January 2007, 21:01   #53
sAP
BHPian

Sub 11 seconds

Thats about 10.76 seconds 0-100kmph after taking the worst of of 5 readings on my stopwatch. Pretty good going on your Esteem considering that a stock 1.5 OHC officially takes 11.60 seconds.

Aditya, do you recall your lap time at the MMSC in Mar 06 in your car?
sAP
Old 29th January 2007, 11:12   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAP View Post
Thats about 10.76 seconds 0-100kmph after taking the worst of of 5 readings on my stopwatch. Pretty good going on your Esteem considering that a stock 1.5 OHC officially takes 11.60 seconds.

Aditya, do you recall your lap time at the MMSC in Mar 06 in your car?
sAP
Thanks SAP.... i guess she could be a lil faster. I lost precious time in the launch.... had my new tires on and was dead against even the slightest wheelspin

i didn't time myself during the trackday... was concentrating more on getting to know the track and the racing lines better...

Well i guess trackday's comin around soon so this time i'll c wot timing i can do.
Old 29th January 2007, 12:01   #55
BANNED

wow cool man...how much will speedometer raise in second gear?and are you using k&n?
Old 29th January 2007, 12:05   #56
sAP
BHPian

Track experience

Yeah I understand. Its the experience of being on track that matters. The figures are only secondary. By the way, love that new sport steering you got. Would be nice to have your gallery online.

sAP
Old 29th January 2007, 15:14   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Hey man... thanks for the reply..... well u can see my posts and related comments from others.... (i welcome it)....... some do say that the engine can get damaged with a muffler....

BTW i cudnt help forcing a smile looking at the number of posts u have to your credit....

thanks a ton...
Hey Adi,

I have installed a K&N filter in my 1997 M-800 after it clocked 1.50 lacs kms.
I myself wanted to install a free flow exhaust(header), i done just that, got my inlet and exhaust manifold polished used NGK iridium spark plugs, and finally a free flow exhaust system custom made. I feel with the headers you are milking 75 % of your cars horses(Gr8 perfomance by any standards)

Dont do anything to your engine, just fit K&N filters, use NGK Platinum or Iridium Spark plugs and head straight towards TV Tower from Mekhri Circle Take the immediate left after the TV Tower you'll find Shabbir
(opposite Fun world) (custom modifier for Raj Hingorani), your job will be done. All honda city's in bangalore are done by him.
Let me know once you are done.
Old 29th January 2007, 16:26   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Dont do anything to your engine, just fit K&N filters, use NGK Platinum or Iridium Spark plugs and head straight towards TV Tower from Mekhri Circle Take the immediate left after the TV Tower you'll find Shabbir
(opposite Fun world) (custom modifier for Raj Hingorani), your job will be done. All honda city's in bangalore are done by him.
Let me know once you are done.
Thanks for the inputs Pavan. If you had read the entire topic you could have saved posting the above. cos I got myself the K&N and the full free flow exhaust a year back.

BTW i did try to contact Shabbir initially during my search for a tuner, but in vain. Lost my way somewhere near the TV tower vicinity.

P.S. Hafi, the car does a lil over 110kmph in 2nd gear. i wouldn't be able to mention exact speed as I dont have Gtec or any similar gadgets...

P.S. SAP, thanks for the compliment. I'll soon be getting a tacho with shift light and underbody neons and maybe the strobes too... time for visual mods now i guess. cant get to use all that power even on weekends.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:03   #59
BHPian

Two firms quoted rs 12 k for complete ffe system for my 1.6 fiat. Do you it is reasonable ?

I got one from mumbai and another at cochin.
Old 30th June 2007, 11:05   #60
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Two firms quoted rs 12 k for complete ffe system for my 1.6 fiat. Do you it is reasonable ?

I got one from mumbai and another at cochin.
Seems reasonable, though fitting headers to a Fiat is yet another nightmare. I guess I know who the Mumbai guy is, but who is this guy from Cochin?

Most Viewed