Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2006, 16:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

I am going to do the same, have narrowed down to philips visionplus 55/60W which seems to a nice option without having to put higher wattage bulbs and relays. Had a glance at philips website, but surprisingly couldn't find the list of dealers anywhere! Though I have seen those bulbs in a few auto shops that I had to visit for alloys etc, but did not buy because I was not sure about its authenticity.
Old 14th March 2006, 21:01   #32
BHPian

wow .. my pet peeve

hi guys .. i did'nt know there were others out there like me who are so finicky about their lights .. i guess i'm not that wierd after all .. hey carthick .. ur uber-cool .. a man after my own heart .. tell me .. these Hella Micro FFs that u were talking about .. i could'nt find them on the Hella website .. just found the FF 75 / 50 .. could you please post the link for the micro FFs .. i'm looking for a good pair of driving lamps to fit in the bumper on my Esteem .. want something that has a nice spread of light and not just 2 small spots as those serve no purpose .. can you tell me where i can buy the Micro FFs in Bombay ? .. i've also got a pair of Comet 500s but can't decide how to mount them (i used to have them on my 800) and could you also tell me if i should fit the 100 /130 Rallye or not .. my electrician refuses to do it saying i'll melt the original holders .. i read somewhere that these can be replaced with metal truck holders .. could you please enlighten me as to which truck / model and whether they fit as stock or do they have to be modified .. or should i just use the original holders and replace them when they melt ..
Whew .. u'll have to excuse all the questions but i'm just so excited that i can finally share all this with someone else who understands .. most people don't .. if u know what i'm saying .. u know .. u turn to someone and say "u should really clean ur headlamp lenses" and they look at u as if u've just announced the holocast .. anyway i'll control my emotions now ..
thanks in advance
brgds
revvhed
Old 16th March 2006, 11:56   #33
BHPian

Hey Revhead,
I have fitted 135/100 Phillips with Roots wiring harness on my Esteem(Type II) and have had no issues so far(installed it 2 months ago). Roots, the manufacturer claims that this particular wiring harness\holders are specially made for 135/100 and comes with a warranty.

With regards to melting, I have also heard similar stuff but still decided to go for it.....haven't take in out on a long drive ever since so I am not sure about melting. Shall update you shortly as I am planning one this weekend.

If you are hesitant, go ahead and install the 100/90 halogens, they are more than sufficient for the highways.

Cheers
Santhosh
Old 16th March 2006, 12:53   #34
BANNED

Does anyone know where I can get Hella Optilux bulbs in Mumbai? Also, I was looking for fogs for my Optra - so far only the OE ones seem to fit, but I'd prefer something different.
Old 16th March 2006, 13:31   #35
BHPian

If any of you have fitted 100/90 headlamps onto you baleno please respond. I heard that 100/90 will melt the casing is it true?
Old 16th March 2006, 14:12   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
If any of you have fitted 100/90 headlamps onto you baleno please respond. I heard that 100/90 will melt the casing is it true?
I checked this with iceman sometime ago. And he said that 100/90 would be OK and not melt the casing. But he mentioned that you would need to put in good individual cutouts.
Old 16th April 2006, 18:30   #37
BHPian

Help Plz

Is it possible 2 fit PHILIPS DIAMONDVISION (H4), BLUE LIGHT XENON BULBS in Baleno....Will the Headlight body withstand temp of about 5000k.Which is the best relay unit 2 be fitted along with this headlight....How much will it cost me totaly....I am in Chennai wats the best place 2 get these..... And which is better of these...... & the price 1) PHILIPS DIAMONDVISION (H4), BLUE LIGHT XENON BULBS 2) PHILIPS CRYSTALVISION (H4) SUPERWHITE XENON BULBS 3) PHILIPS BLUEVISION (H4) COOL BLUE LIGHT XENON BULBS Last but not the least................ Is it possible 2 change colour of the lights in the Speedo & Tachco dails.... I found this 1 in ebay... can it be fitted in the Baleno http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?..._BIN_Stores_IT Thanks in Advance..........
Old 16th April 2006, 19:30   #38
BHPian

After the feedback from the experts on this site. I have got the following information.

+ Upgrading to Bluevision, Crystalvision, DiamondVision, VisionPlus(visionplus is supposedly the best with in 60/55 rating) etc only improves the lighting for city driving purpose only. If your problem is insufficient lighting for highway driving, i am afraid that 100/90(or higher) is your only solution

+ If you are ready to shell out 25k or more you will get a xenon HID kit

+ Down to earth again, for 100/90 upgrade with precautions to avoid melting do the following.

1. Buy a philip bluevision 100/90(Rs.750/-) OR philips normal 100/90 H4 bulbs(Rs.250/-)
2. Buy 'Roots' (indian made) high capacity bulb holders (Rs.100/- because even holders can melt)
3. Buy 'Relay'(also called cutouts). Get Bosch OR PMP(Rs.240/-). Ensure that your mechanic will fix this relay very firmly inside the car.
4. Very important, do not use the same wires in Baleno to connect to your bulbs. Higher capacity wires must be used to connect the 'headlamps'->'relay'->'battery'.
5. Get these 100/90 upgrades done with you maruti-dealer only so that your guaruntee doesn't become void. Maruti might initially decline to doe the upgrade, just crib about bad lights in Baleno, they will oblige.

Note: A 100/90 bulb reaches temperatures of 200degrees within 5 minutes of usage, that really hot. As per the experts this intense heat if continously used can melt almost every thing. So after getting this connection, try to take a break during your long drives every 2 hours atleast.

Hope this helps......
venkatrx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2006, 19:42   #39
BHPian

Thx

Thanks a lot 4r the info abt the Headlights..... Can u give any info abt these dials light changin and stuff....
Old 16th April 2006, 19:54   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez
Thanks a lot 4r the info abt the Headlights..... Can u give any info abt these dials light changin and stuff....
Hi Shadyrulez, no idea about that.
Old 18th April 2006, 22:41   #41
BHPian

Philips Diamond Vision

I jus found new info on Philips on diamond vision headlamps

They r as follows

PHILIPS DIAMONDVISION,(H4) BLUE LIGHT XENON BULBS
  • The ultimate upgrade for your headlights,providing you with a cooler blue beam.
  • Hot on the wheels of HID Xenon Technology.
  • Come in two bulbs per set.
  • H4 type fitment.12V
  • The ultimate performance bulb with a color temperature of 5000K
  • Blue reflection in headlamp reflector when turned off
  • Same power consumption as standard halogen bulbs
  • UV-block quartz glass provides total protection for headlamp reflector.
    Easy to install with instant results:no need to change wiring or relays.
  • WILL FIT ALL VEHICLES THAT HAVE A SINGLE BULB FOR BOTH HIGH BEAM & LOW BEAM.
Got these details 4rm
http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...category=29716

SO do i still need 2 go out 4r the relay and holders

Plz help me out... THx in advance

Last edited by shadyrulez : 18th April 2006 at 22:44.
Old 19th April 2006, 09:37   #42
BHPian

I have fitted 140/100 GE with Roots wiring harness in my Swift.

After our fellow BHPian's comparing Crystal vision, Blue vision and Rally i thought of having a direct comparision.

I managed to get my friends Accent with Philips crystal vision and another friend's Getz with diamond vision to be compared to my car.

After comparision we found that diamond and crystal vision look cool, no relay's, no extra wires etc... but they are no where near 140/100 in visibility. The 140/100's low beam is brighter and high beam's visibility clearly brighter & longer.

We swapped car's and tried driving in the highways. Both of my friend's agreed that 140/100 is way ahead in lighting up the road's.

We also tried driving with high beams head on. Belive me, none could face the 140/100 as it was too bright (I could feel how tough it would be when i show high beam to an on coming guy) .

Finally, If you want your car to look cool go for Crystal vision or Blue vision but if you are concerned about visibility go for the 140/100. It is the best you can have on highway's.
ksethuram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2006, 11:20   #43
BHPian

Quote:
DiamondVision, VisionPlus(visionplus is supposedly the best with in 60/55 rating)
Are you sure. I had heard that Diamond vision is the best and gives the maximum light.
Quote:
A 100/90 bulb reaches temperatures of 200degrees within 5 minutes of usage, that really hot. As per the experts this intense heat if continously used can melt almost every thing. So after getting this connection, try to take a break during your long drives every 2 hours atleast.
Is that really true. I guess there is no use to upgrade to a higher wattage then. My highway jaunts in the baleno at most times stretch to 4-6 hrs of driving without breaks.

Looks like the best option is to get DiamondVision or VisionPlus h4 by Philips. AS for crystal vision, they are pathetic. My friend has them on his Baleno..nothing impressive at all in terms of visibility, looks cool though.
Old 19th April 2006, 12:10   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy
Are you sure. I had heard that Diamond vision is the best and gives the maximum light.

Is that really true. I guess there is no use to upgrade to a higher wattage then. My highway jaunts in the baleno at most times stretch to 4-6 hrs of driving without breaks.
Bro, i donno if this true or false.....i have heard from a lot of people that 100/90 melts the headlight dome of baleno. But i also figured out that i cannot survive with a 60/55 on highway its pathetic. I am ready to risk melting my headlight, but i cannot risk breaking my head on a highway accident

so i have decided to go for 100/90 with good realy, good holder, and taking break every 2 hrs.....and praying that headlight dome will not melt.
Old 19th April 2006, 14:51   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick99
Okay - First off I didnt expect these many posts since

last evening on this lights bit! ;-)

Let me try and clear out any misconceptions or doubts

any of you may have.

1) FOR 'OBSERVER' - To avoid warranty issues, you dont

cut up the OE wiring loom and sockets. You rewire. TAKE

the incoming wires OE wires with new cabling to relays

with seperate 30AMp fuses (next to the Bosch relays) and

run new cabling from there on to the bulbs. (which in

any car are high power handling wires). this way you are

not messing with the OE wiring and the stock fuses. If

by chance there is a surge your first fuse will blow.

And not the stock fuse. Ive always had these upgrades

done at a friends place in mumbai on all my cars and

have never had a warranty issue. I do 100 - 120 km a day

and i need as much light as i can get. We probably have

some of the worst road conditions in this country! Not

enough light ahead of you focussed correctly and you may

not see that non-reflectored dirty and dark truck parked

bang in the center of the road - when you're doing 120+

in rain.

2)Thanks REVTECH for clearing that HID bit...

3) BOOM SHIVA - 800 bucks is a good price but i dont

think you would have got high capacity wire with Bosch

relays - two of those itself is close to 600 bucks and

the bulbs are about 170 - 220 each - depending on where

you buy from. Also there are interesting fakes in the

market - the cheaper bulbs come in the old style green /

white philips bulb packaging and the new original ones

in the ornage and black packaging. They fakes are good

too but put out close to 100/110. But way better than

the terrible 55/60 our manufacturers give us.

4) For BULETFAN - The Uno reflectors tarnish easily -

and its not entirely due to the high wattage bulbs. The

acrylic lens on the Uno is not treated for high watt

bulbs at all and the reflector is a normal-coated

variety. The Baleno's on the other hand is a vaccum

coated - highly polished unit built to take in stock 80

/ 100 bulbs for most other countries where it is sold.

The Acrylic lens will not yellow - it goes through a

better treatment process and there has been no issue

till date of heat affecting the unit. My cousin has been

running the same 100/130 setup in his car for three

years - clocked 1.6lakh km and has had no problem. Wont

affect the Baleno unit one bit. Also on the Uno's the

silicon glue seal between the lens and the ref-unit

wasnt great. Some new Palio's now run the same

problem!!! wate vapour and all post a good heavy

downpour. Esteem lenses will yellow in about a lakh km

in anycase and so will the old indica unit. The new

indica will modded lights is great though.

5) ZAPHOD - you havent mentioned what car you have. If

it's the Baleno i would recommend Hella Micro FF's for

the bumper slots. More on these below. If it's a

different car, shoot back a post.

6) REVTECH - some stuff on the Hella Mirco FF's

Fairly competent driving / fog lights with fantastic performance for a unit its size. Might be a touch too big for the baleno slots but with good fitting it makes the car look good. Complements low quite well and keeps a good bit of light around the edges - useful when cornering.

If the Micro FF's are not available check out these other lights from the Hella FF series > The FF50 & 75.
Of course you would need a relay and all with good wiring. But these lamps rock.

http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hell...ne/FF_Line.jsp

I used to do a lot of highway - and i was running 100/130s + 2 Hella 10" Luminator metal series pencil beams in the center + and two Rallye 3000 yellows (fog) on my esteem ;-) A little too much yes... but the better you can see the faster and safer you can drive. Needless to say, i never took the lamp covers off the car in the city.

Hope this clears some doubts...Cheers.
hi carthick99 very nice explanation bye the way where do u get ur work done planning to upgrade my fiesta's light(though the stock lights r very good but anyway get a better one)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks