Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 14:51   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
I am ready to risk melting my headlight, but i cannot risk breaking my head on a highway accident

so i have decided to go for 100/90 with good realy, good holder, and taking break every 2 hrs.....and praying that headlight dome will not melt.
Well said ....

I have driven continiously 8 hrs with my 140/100 bulb. No melting happened. When you are driving in the highway the air flow will cool down your headlights. So need not worry much. Only in city driving when you drive slow make sure that you swith off the lights when waiting in signals.
Old 19th April 2006, 14:54   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksethuram
Well said ....

I have driven continiously 8 hrs with my 140/100 bulb. No melting happened. When you are driving in the highway the air flow will cool down your headlights. So need not worry much. Only in city driving when you drive slow make sure that you swith off the lights when waiting in signals.
Hey you have driven 8 hrs with 140/100? great whats the model and year of your baleno? is it bs-II or bs-III?

how many times have cops pulled you over
Old 19th April 2006, 15:28   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
Hey you have driven 8 hrs with 140/100? great whats the model and year of your baleno? is it bs-II or bs-III?

how many times have cops pulled you over
Sorry, It is not Baleno, it is a Swift. I never show up high beam within city limits and hence never got caught.
Old 15th June 2006, 07:05   #49
Ram
Senior - BHPian

About driving lights

Hi friends:

I propose to join the Team-BHP Baleno Club, by going in for a Pearl Silver Baleno VXi BS-III in the next couple of weeks.

Of course, brighter head lights and driving lights will be top on the list of add-ons.

Which are the biggest driving lights that will fit the slots in the bumper-apron?

Will the changed headlamp bulb holders (Roots) and aftermarket bulbs affect the Baleno's headlamp levelling system?

Ram
Old 15th June 2006, 13:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Ask your dealer to throw in the Baleno's OE fogs as part of the deal.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:18   #51
BHPian

Baleno poor lighting - add Hella foglights or replace headlights?

Hi,

I got a used 2006 Baleno (B III) recently. Now the light were very poor, one could hardly see on the "sides," most of the light is focused on the road - that too is pretty dim. I don't feel confident to take left/right turns on poorly-lit roads. Once I nearly banged into a rickshaw coming from the right; I just could not see it. It is particularly bad when it is raining or has just rained.

I got the bulbs changed to 100/90 using relays, holders, but the light is still pretty poor. Mechanic said to go for headlight change (which costs around 3.5K for a pair - these are the non-leveling ones, which will work fine for me as I never use the leveling feature).

Another option someone suggested is going for Hella Micro FF which is available for around 3200 or whereabouts for a pair. In Hella there are two variants, one what they said were "fog" lamps and the other "driving" lamps.

What is the best route I should take to make my lights better? Without spending too much. Cause with 3.5K I could do one of the below..

1) Change from stock leveling headlights to a new pair of nonleveling headlights. (3.5K)

OR

2) Change to Hella Micro FF (Fog). (3.4K)

3) Change to Hella Micro FF (Driving). (3.2K)

Suggestions please.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:32   #52
Senior - BHPian

John most likely that you got a set of fake bulbs. What brand of relay and bulbs have you installed ? I just got a pair of fake Philips 90/100's ,they were dimmer than my stock bulbs. Changed to Mico and the light throw is a better.

Mech's will tell you things to make their pockets heavier at times. I would suggest you 1st check the bulbs and the relay in use.
Old 13th October 2009, 10:39   #53
BHPian

Thanks RJ,

Relay is from Roots and bulbs are Lumax.

Problem is light throw was poor from the beginning, since I acquired this car.

First I had changed bulbs to Phlilips Vision Plus (55/60) - I had a spare pair with me. They are original pieces.. Was not hugely satisfied (same lights work fantastically on my Wagon R). Then went to 90/100 (Lumax), found improvement, but the throw of lights in the sides is not there... seems like reflectors are not working optimally. So now I was wondering what to do... change the headlights themselves or augment the lighting using Hella Micro FF (fog/driving).
Old 13th October 2009, 11:37   #54
BHPian

Hey John,

I replaced the stocks bulbs in my Baleno with Osram offroading 90/100 (gives a yellowish light) bulbs. The light throw is found quite convincing. Even a hill station trip was okay with this setup.

Has the relay got something to do with ? Gurus please explain.

Last edited by firestorm : 13th October 2009 at 11:55. Reason: Grammar error
Old 13th October 2009, 13:45   #55
Senior - BHPian

Can you post a close up pic of your headlights? In daylight.

A 3 year old car should not have dull reflectors.
Old 13th October 2009, 14:14   #56
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Go for the Hella Micro FF fog lamps

johy @ Siliguri : Congratulations on your 2006 Bharat-III Baleno.
I have a 2006 Baleno VXi B III, myself.

You say, most of the light is focused on the road and there is not enough spillover on the sides. Well, changing to non-leveling headlamps is not going to change that one bit.

Go for the Hella Micro FF.

Driving lights are designed to focus sharply on the road ahead. They are meant for high speed driving. That won't help your cause either.

Fog lights on the other hand are designed to spill light all over the place
and are deliberately mounted low, so they won't blind you with a wall of illuminated fog nor bother oncoming drivers.

My guess is that the fog lights should do the job for you.

Hope this helps.
Ram
Old 13th October 2009, 14:36   #57
BHPian

Shuvc, posting pictures please comment.

Ram. Thanks a lot for the technical information. I hope going for the Micro FF fogs helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Baleno Headlights-left_headlight.jpg  

Baleno Headlights-right_headlight.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 16:57   #58
BHPian

JOHNY: are you sure about the 3.5K a PAIR for the non leveling ones??
Old 13th October 2009, 16:58   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
Yep, as per Shuvc; he got his changed some time back.
Old 14th October 2009, 14:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy View Post
Shuvc, posting pictures please comment.

Ram. Thanks a lot for the technical information. I hope going for the Micro FF fogs helps.
Reflectors look fine. So better go the fog way. I wanted Micro FF. Tried a few shops. Did not find them, so without taking further pain, went for Lumax. A MASS guy sourced it for me through his contacts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3NZ1L View Post
They were between 3.5 to 4K. Probably 3.7ish with tax. This was 2 years ago. The auto levelling ones were around 12-13K for the pair I think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks