Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2010, 09:25   #61
Senior - BHPian

Really Cool DKG.

Seems like ala SRK in Swades mode !!!
Old 20th April 2010, 15:21   #62
BHPian

I am simply blown away!!!

WOW! great work and procedure! love the way you have pictureised it! Great effort!
Old 20th April 2010, 16:12   #63
BHPian

Great Job DFG.
About the toilet part - remember watching something on waterless toilets (Discovery). After the job is done, they pressed the 'thing' after putting a tissue paper on top it. This took care of the odour and compressed it as well. And was later disposed (buried maybe)
Old 20th April 2010, 16:50   #64
BHPian

Sweet mother of the holy cow!

I'm going to court claiming a fair bit of permanent mental confusion caused by Deepak's hobbies. First it was his Classic cars , then it was Nitro cars , then came the 4x4, AP Forest Drive and now he's taken over the DIY trend to greater heights!!!. Where do us mere mortals of imitations begin ??? lol .

Ive got to start hunting for a flatbed now.....until he changes his fancy again.....SIGH!.
Old 20th April 2010, 17:08   #65
BHPian

Sirji,
DC design would see competition from DKG design. :-)
Wonderful job, even in my wildest of dreams I wouldn't imagine building such a camper on my own. Do you plan to have an air conditioner?
Eager to see pictures of the final fully furnished camper.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th April 2010 at 17:10. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external fornt editors, also Preview before Submitting posts. thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 21:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

WOW sir, this is one of the best, most interesting, innovative & well executed projects i have seen.
Old 20th April 2010, 23:15   #67
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Thank you all for your kind words of appreciation. Its really wonderful to see so many people find this interesting. I honestly didn't think people would find it as interesting as I do. Friends make a lot of fun of me for doing stuff like this and keep teasing me. But I really enjoy doing things myself. Sometimes its the journey which is more precious in experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brijesh1977 View Post
A real sensible design, and aluminium is a definite answer t reducing weight as well as the paint work also should be easy , u could just sand it and then apply 1 k etch primer , which will take care of corrosion .
Very true. I plan on judiciously detailing the exterior with some chequered alumium sheet as trim on edges, makes it look hot when in combination with paint !

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Seems like ala SRK in Swades mode !!!
Yup there's a nomad in all of us

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_sweat View Post
Great Job DFG.
About the toilet part - remember watching something on waterless toilets (Discovery). After the job is done, they pressed the 'thing' after putting a tissue paper on top it. This took care of the odour and compressed it as well. And was later disposed (buried maybe)
Interesting. Will check it out. Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Sweet mother of the holy cow!

I'm going to court claiming a fair bit of permanent mental confusion caused by Deepak's hobbies. First it was his Classic cars , then it was Nitro cars , then came the 4x4, AP Forest Drive and now he's taken over the DIY trend to greater heights!!!. Where do us mere mortals of imitations begin ??? lol .

Ive got to start hunting for a flatbed now.....until he changes his fancy again.....SIGH!.
How've you been sir?? We should meet. Imagine doing this in FRP, would be fun.

BTW add superbikes and highend audio and astronomy to that list
You should drop by work to see the car I am restoring, its awesome, you'll love it. Bring dad along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
Do you plan to have an air conditioner?
Yes. What I want is to have a poweful a/c in the truck which can cool the camper too but local a/c technicians say that's impossible to achieve as you need a large condensor/cooling coil and that has to go onto the camper. For that the camper has to be a permanent fixture which I cannot have. So they tell me I should fit a room a/c !! What a horrid solution. I still need to figure out how I will pull this one. I want the truck to have the entire aircon with ducts pumping air into the camper. Just have to figure it out how to achieve that.

Last edited by DKG : 20th April 2010 at 23:18.
DKG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2010, 23:28   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
How've you been sir?? We should meet. Imagine doing this in FRP, would be fun.
BTW add superbikes and highend audio and astronomy to that list
You should drop by work to see the car I am restoring, its awesome, you'll love it. Bring dad along.
Im stationed in Chattisgarh at the moment Deepak, away from all the action and Automobile scene . The only wheels i get to see are HYWAs and Trip trailers at the moment .Once all this done, if not for the DIY, I've got to make a visit and check out both your design consultants.

OT: Talking about High End Audio , My Arcam amp is not powering up :(. Will get your help once I'm back .
Old 21st April 2010, 00:06   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It would entail unscrewing four/six clamps, winged nut based, and simply flick a lever to raise the camper. You can take the camper off before you boil some water for tea !!
Wingnuts can only be finger tight. I think you would need a lot more clamp load to keep that heavy mass from moving around.

Quote:
Yes. What I want is to have a poweful a/c in the truck which can cool the camper too but local a/c technicians say that's impossible to achieve as you need a large condensor/cooling coil and that has to go onto the camper. For that the camper has to be a permanent fixture which I cannot have. So they tell me I should fit a room a/c !! What a horrid solution. I still need to figure out how I will pull this one. I want the truck to have the entire aircon with ducts pumping air into the camper. Just have to figure it out how to achieve that.
You have about the same cu-ft volume as an Innova or Winger. Get the compressor and coil from them and duct it in. Should work.
Old 21st April 2010, 00:24   #70
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Wingnuts can only be finger tight. I think you would need a lot more clamp load to keep that heavy mass from moving around.
Probably the technique used to hold containers on trailer beds should work well. The wingnuts would be on a lock pin. So the nut won't encounter any shear load.

Quote:
You have about the same cu-ft volume as an Innova or Winger. Get the compressor and coil from them and duct it in. Should work.
Good idea. I think the Winger a/c if effective should be a viable option

Last edited by DKG : 21st April 2010 at 00:25.
Old 21st April 2010, 00:35   #71
BHPian

DKG how about the qualis 2ed a/c unit isn't that supposed to be some sort of electric system.
Old 21st April 2010, 00:39   #72
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by memo45_m View Post
DKG how about the qualis 2ed a/c unit isn't that supposed to be some sort of electric system.
The cft of the camper would be possibly closer to a winger (even more) Ideally the a/c they install on Tempo Travellers would be great but they have large condensors. Hence the need to consider something more compact like what goes into a Winger perhaps.
Old 21st April 2010, 12:14   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In the US guys are used to hauling and unloading massive Harleys off pickup beds. So reckon its only a matter of getting the technique right. Its very popular to load bikes onto pickup trucks so I figured I am not attempting something too crazy
True. Its definitely doable, just that its kinda ironic that getting it on the truck will be harder than getting it off the truck.

Go easy on the throttle though!
One snowy day my friend was trying to ride his snowmobile up a ramp into his pickup truck, but just couldn't get enough traction on the ramp.

Finally gave up after trying to baby it on there. Went back a couple of meters, took a running start, zoomed up the ramp, flew right over the bed and landed straight into the rear glass of the cab! Quite an awesome story.

cya
R
Old 21st April 2010, 19:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You may want to consider 2 a/c units. one for the cab during the drive and another separate one fixed to the camper. Carrier has some flat fitting units that I've seen fixed to refrigerated trucks.. so they should have something small enough for the camper that can run off the truck engine i guess.
Old 21st April 2010, 22:45   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Finally gave up after trying to baby it on there. Went back a couple of meters, took a running start, zoomed up the ramp, flew right over the bed and landed straight into the rear glass of the cab! Quite an awesome story.

cya
R
That's some adventure. Coulda sold the video footage to Rakesh Roshan for Dhoom 3...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks