Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2007, 00:01   #31
BHPian

i had used spacers in my zen for the same reason few years back.. after the install after 1 year the car ride quality was very bad , the car started to shake and bounce wild whenever i go on a speed breaker.

if you install spacers you will have to compromise on the ride quality and stability
Old 8th January 2008, 11:47   #32
BWN
BHPian

My Baleno bottoms with 5 passenger and boot full of load, but only if the speed breakers are taken at a considerable speed. If taken at slightly cross angles and lesser speeds, it manages to come unhurt.

But the real problem comes when you try to drive over some mud roads damaged by rains. I got s#%* scared when i was literally stuck on Nanjangudu - Chamrajnagar stretch in last november. We were 5 people with boot full of luggage and it bottomed at every possible bump. Real fun is when u take a single road with tyre marks eroding the sides which creates a elevated portion in the middle. Even a tractor overtook me...... I decided two things, One that my next car would be an SUV and Second, not to take that road even in my worst dreams......
Old 13th April 2008, 22:28   #33

Baleno's low profile - a concern

Hi Guys,

Can someone give a suggestion on how to avoid my Baleno's under-carraige getting ripped off by over-concious road contractors building a mountain out of a speed-breaker? However cautious I am, still manage to scrape the bottom on some of the bumps. I knew this would happen before I bought my Baleno, but never expected it would be such a regular feature driving in and around Bangalore, especially if i am driving with full-capacity.

thanx
Old 13th April 2008, 23:56   #34
BANNED

check out your suspensions ...make them stiffer
Old 14th April 2008, 02:26   #35
Team-BHP Support

Hi Qondor,

Please use the search feature before creating new threads.
Using the term "ground clearance" (also refered to as "GC" in a lot of places on the forum) will help.

Threads merged.
cya
R
Old 14th April 2008, 13:34   #36
BHPian

Also you could go to a local Tuner who does suspension work and he will proivide a "KADA" to fit above your shock ups to increase the height.

I know one in Oshiwara , Mumbai .
Old 21st October 2008, 14:24   #37
BHPian

Does any one have any idea on how much these pads would cost. I was quoted Rs.800 for rubber pads(he called it as oversized pads)
Old 18th November 2010, 23:19   #38
BHPian

I have fitted spacers reason , i got LPG kit ans same common reason of scraping with 5 people in car. The height is increased more than 3" , car is on the standard tyres.
Have not felt any drawbacks till date,but felt the car tilts more then the standard while fast turning, since these have been fitted recently and i need to test them on highway and ghat sections, not getting time due to schedules.
Ok while fitting those spacers the top mounting studs were replaced with extended ones , the issue while fitting the suspension sturt is these longer studs move from the seat and trouble while tightening, the mechanic had to welded them to the plate and then fitted.
None complaints received from passengers in car.
Old 16th January 2011, 16:40   #39
BHPian

Re: Baleno - Low ground clearence

Dear All,
Completed 3000 Kms, none issues the suspension and the spacers are working well. covered almost all types of roads a Baleno can take.
One observation: The front spacers make rubber thud noise at initial movement as Baleno has a bearing on the front sturt.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks