Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:47   #16
BHPian

No offence bro,But seriously for a car like civic i would rather have a S.S complete system witha neat rear muffler,somehow i do not like the finish of the exhaust,the can seems to have a rough finish and looks to be dented.
I do not know how it performs but from personal choice i would go for a neat s.s piping and a nice borla.remus kind of twin tipped end cans...

Again do not take this in a offensive manner.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
No offence bro,But seriously for a car like civic i would rather have a S.S complete system witha neat rear muffler,somehow i do not like the finish of the exhaust,the can seems to have a rough finish and looks to be dented.
I do not know how it performs but from personal choice i would go for a neat s.s piping and a nice borla.remus kind of twin tipped end cans...

You mean something like this for the end-can. I put this in my Fiesta, but not getting time to write about it.
Attached Thumbnails
My Honda Civic S M/T: Now with FFE-p1050651.jpg  

Old 23rd April 2010, 21:21   #18
BHPian

@captainsokhi - your Civic looks tough. The black hood, black top and the projectors distinguishes you car from the normal civics. I would lokve to hear the exhause note of your civic with the FFE installed.
Old 24th April 2010, 00:21   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
congrats bro it looks cool,good to see a civic FFE Jiggy bhai did a good job,its a 100% bolt on kit really liked it Happy revving

Ramie
Thanks bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Congratulations.
Civic deserves a polished steel muffler from Magnasound/Remus/Borla.
Yes i did had it in mind, but got this as there was a good amount of price difference in both. And i don't think there is much of performance difference in both. This is what i have heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How about a video of the exhaust?.
Coming soon, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viky_s View Post
FFE with a CAI would really help.
Instead of going for a Branded CAI you can also get it fabricated which is a cheaper option and you will almost get the same gains.
Just install a K&N/Green Cotton filter and fabricate the piping.
Jiggy bhai can make this happen

just my 2 cents.

enjy the ur ride

cheers viky
Yeah, Jiggy sir have advised me on this, but im still confused as i have heard the ss piping dont give good performance as compared to the k&n's aluminium ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Err, if you're going to touch the intake, make sure you do it after the stock air box. If you touch the MAF sensor housing, you'll ruin the whole thing.
m4ugr8 here on the forum have got a K&N Typhoon Intake kit and there is no problem to the MAF sensor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda3938 View Post
Where did you get it done in jalandhar. From whom you have got those cosmetic mods done.I want to mod my ohc and looking for a modifier in punjab.
I have got the FFE installed from Raga Motors, it is a good service center. Other mods are done at different places. I have sourced the products from different dealers, in delhi and ncr and got them installed at placed which i thought will do a good job. If you want any help with sourcing of parts, i sure can help, PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Sweet install @captainsokhi!! I guess you have removed the cat-con and put a straight-through muffler. But what about headers?! Aren't they necessary for a FFE setup? Pardon my limited knowledge, but just an observation.
As stated here, headers for civic can not be made. The headers are built into the engine. Only the cat con can be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
So basically the cat con has been removed and replaced with a straight through pipe and the end can is changed to a louder one.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by the VTEC guy View Post
nice mods. cosmetic as well as FFE. Video please.
Video coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punzabi View Post
Now we are talking kaptaan sahb, that's what bling bling is. Totally chakde fatte kamm. Honestly car now has alot meaner and killer looks. I assume you got this job done at Pwg?? Happy cruising....
Hey bro, got the FFE installed from Raga Motors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Sorry to inject a contrary view. With the Cat gone, as anyone bothered to check the emission figures?
I have that in mind sir. Will check and reply back.

Quote:

No offence bro. I posted here to get comments, good or bad. I know ss piping and borla, remus, magnaflow would have looked better. But right now i was looking for a vfm ffe, will think about them in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElantraGT View Post
@captainsokhi - your Civic looks tough. The black hood, black top and the projectors distinguishes you car from the normal civics. I would lokve to hear the exhause note of your civic with the FFE installed.
Thanks bro. Exhaust note video coming soon.

Last edited by Dippy : 26th April 2010 at 10:13. Reason: Avoid typing your posts in BOLD
Old 24th April 2010, 00:32   #20
BHPian

Glad to see one more Viper FFE in place, But would like to know whats the main benifit you felt before and after this installation on a car like Civic. Comments will help us to understand more about this mod.
Old 24th April 2010, 16:08   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Captain, Your Civic looks HOT, really liked the Black Hood+Roof+Boot on the silver theme combo, Post more pictures of the car please.

The Exhaust looks good with a straight bolt-on fit, Any difference in terms of Low end drivability?? which power band got effected the most?? I have been thinking on this for a long time now.

The K&N typhoon kit is a straight fit, No issues with the MAF sensor whatsoever, Running the intake for well over a year now no issues. There are cheaper solutions available also, The K&N typhoon kit prices have risen steaply and now stand at 18990/- MRP which is a lot. I am sure Jignesh Sir @ Viper will have some sort of solution.

Once again the car looks got, how about a exhaust video??
Old 24th April 2010, 20:23   #22
BHPian

@abhi1309

Man that surely looks like sumthing nice.....what make?
Old 24th April 2010, 20:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man that surely looks like sumthing nice.....what make?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...m-muffler.html
Old 25th April 2010, 00:36   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightening View Post
Glad to see one more Viper FFE in place, But would like to know whats the main benifit you felt before and after this installation on a car like Civic. Comments will help us to understand more about this mod.
To be frank, currently i am just enjoying the sound of it.
I am feeling a little more power in the mid section for now and i feel the main benefit will come only after a good intake job is done. I will do a 0-100 test tomorrow on my iphone and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Congrats Captain, Your Civic looks HOT, really liked the Black Hood+Roof+Boot on the silver theme combo, Post more pictures of the car please.

The Exhaust looks good with a straight bolt-on fit, Any difference in terms of Low end drivability?? which power band got effected the most?? I have been thinking on this for a long time now.

The K&N typhoon kit is a straight fit, No issues with the MAF sensor whatsoever, Running the intake for well over a year now no issues. There are cheaper solutions available also, The K&N typhoon kit prices have risen steaply and now stand at 18990/- MRP which is a lot. I am sure Jignesh Sir @ Viper will have some sort of solution.

Once again the car looks got, how about a exhaust video??
Thanks a lot, man. BTW, your civic was a big inspiration for me.
I have felt the difference in the mid section a bit. The low is still sluggish.
I had a talk with Jignesh sir about the Intake.
He said now they make pipes of same specifications as the k&n typhoon kits, in ss. They will cost approx Rs.3500/- and we can opt for any universal filter, k&n or Green, which will cost approx Rs.6000/-. He said this setup will give performance equal to that of k&n typhoon kits.
Will make a video of the exhaust and put up in a day. Thanks once again for the compliments.

Last edited by Dippy : 26th April 2010 at 10:14. Reason: Avoid typing your posts in BOLD. Thanks.
Old 25th April 2010, 12:24   #25
BANNED

nice,
congrats man, looks nice.
how much did you paid for the FFE?
Old 25th April 2010, 23:34   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty9991 View Post
nice,
congrats man, looks nice.
how much did you paid for the FFE?
Thanks man. I paid 18500/- for the ffe and 1225/- for shipping and 1000/- for fitting it.
Old 29th April 2010, 16:28   #27
BHPian

Atlast i got the time to test 0-100 figures of my ride and the results got me worried. I dont have the before figures, but the current figures seem I have lost some seconds from the stock. Is it possible? Gurus please comment.
Attached Thumbnails
My Honda Civic S M/T: Now with FFE-civic-test.jpg  

Old 29th April 2010, 18:10   #28
Senior - BHPian

how about a video/audio?
Old 29th April 2010, 20:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

i agree with Kutlee.
let us all hear the sweet sound of the FFE!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks