Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:13   #166
BHPian

Re: Swift Custom Modz

Oh, really sad to see that dent, hope you get it fixed soon.

Yea, +1 to what Rajeev sir said, drunk drivers are really a menace in our state, and the menace increases a hundredfold during holidays.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:41   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ya, since it's the wheel arch I doubt whether they can bring out the dent as expected. Anyways, waiting to see what can be done
Oh man, sad to see that. I had a similar kind of bang on my rear wheel arch. Suction will not work well. I did the job from Indus, Thevara and they did a remarkable job I believe. Its perfect to naked eye now
Old 5th January 2012, 19:08   #168
BHPian

Oh Man very sad to see this. It really pains when something of this sort happens.

Any plans what is in ur mind next.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:43   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnu.csk View Post
Oh Man very sad to see this. It really pains when something of this sort happens.

Any plans what is in ur mind next.
Need to fix this soon or atleast the mirrors asap since am driving to Blore in another two weeks.
As foe the mods, nothing major planned. Have to get rear LED tail lights. Not available here. Trying to source them from Malaysia.
Old 17th July 2012, 12:04   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, the other angel eye went kaput last week. Wasnt able to use the park light since it looked like a one eyed car. Now since both angel eyes are out, this is how my car looks with the park light.

Think this looks cool and different.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-20120716_211611.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 21:10   #171
BHPian

@Naveen Bhai: the night view is stunning! Total justice for the LED strip!

i ll need your help for my swift mods, that i have planned for sometime!
rajoy123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2012, 09:54   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajoy123 View Post
@Naveen Bhai: the night view is stunning! Total justice for the LED strip!

i ll need your help for my swift mods, that i have planned for sometime!
Anytime dude. Just let me know. Will definitely help you out.
Old 31st July 2012, 22:20   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Ok, the other angel eye went kaput last week. Wasnt able to use the park light since it looked like a one eyed car. Now since both angel eyes are out, this is how my car looks with the park light.

Think this looks cool and different.
Naveen, I have this old pic of your angel eyes -

Swift Custom Modz-angel-eyes.jpg
josejoseph is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 18:11   #174
BHPian

Dear Naveen,

I have just bought a similar Angel Eye set-up for my Swift. Boy its only after I have bought it today did I see your post which read 2010 and I was stunned. Btw, how much did it cost you then? I would want your suggestion regarding the HID kit that I have to get for this set-up. Since you already have the same set-up, your inputs are highly valuable. I was always afraid that the lights from these head lamps would be insufficient (thats the reason I hadn't got any for this long) but then I had read in one of your posts that the throw is good and thats one of the reasons I took the plunge.

Cheers
Champion

PS: I couldn't attach the picture since the size of the file exceeds limit. How do I compress the file?
Old 21st September 2012, 10:18   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion View Post
Dear Naveen,

I have just bought a similar Angel Eye set-up for my Swift. Boy its only after I have bought it today did I see your post which read 2010 and I was stunned. Btw, how much did it cost you then? I would want your suggestion regarding the HID kit that I have to get for this set-up. Since you already have the same set-up, your inputs are highly valuable. I was always afraid that the lights from these head lamps would be insufficient (thats the reason I hadn't got any for this long) but then I had read in one of your posts that the throw is good and thats one of the reasons I took the plunge.

Cheers
Champion

PS: I couldn't attach the picture since the size of the file exceeds limit. How do I compress the file?
I got mine for 15.5k around 2 years back. For city drives, this is highly efficient. But do feel that the low beam is not all that great, but pretty good. But to compensate this, the high beam is awesome. Just love the high beam when I take it on the highway. The real problem lies with the alignment. Since this is designed for Swift found overseas (lower ground clearance), when used in our Swift, the low beam is really low. I keep the light beam at the topmost position. But feel this is low. That's the reason why I feel that the low beam isnt all that great.

For HID's, go for 4300k bulbs This gives the best visibility output. Philips would be the recommended brand, but very hard to find 4300k. Guess they stopped production of 4300k HID's. But if you are lucky, you can manage to find it. It will be hard to find german make. Most of the Philips will be chinese (Got this information from my friend). I use Auto Gauge HID's. You should be able find them for 7k-9k.

I compress the images in "paint". Just resize it and bring the size under 1mb.

Anything else let me know. Waiting for your pics.
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:17   #176
BHPian

Dear Naveen, thanks for replying soon. 15.5K is steep though I would say at that point in time it was something new and anything novel has got its price. I have got the head lamps for AED550 (which when converted to today's exhange rate would be 8K INR). The Tail lights were for AED600, the LED Fog lamps for AED200 and the Rear Spoiler for AED150. Thats the sum up. I blew AED1450 in total which is about 21k INR for all this stuff. I only hope its worth the spend.

As for the HID's, will keep in mind what you have said. Do you think these chinese HID's could do the job since they come at 1/3rd of the price? Some they say are good. Another doubt that I have is, will the quality of the throw be any different across brands/quality? Your car's an inspiration Naveen. We share two things in common, one I got my Swift delivered in Mar '09 and my Swift also has got the same number bar one digit, its 7500 (I remember I had posted the same info a few years back when I had just joined, wouldn't know if you remmeber)
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-rr.jpg  

Attached Images

Champion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 10:41   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Naveen, thanks for replying soon. 15.5K is steep though I would say at that point in time it was something new and anything novel has got its price. I have got the head lamps for AED550 (which when converted to today's exhange rate would be 8K INR). The Tail lights were for AED600, the LED Fog lamps for AED200 and the Rear Spoiler for AED150. Thats the sum up. I blew AED1450 in total which is about 21k INR for all this stuff. I only hope its worth the spend.

As for the HID's, will keep in mind what you have said. Do you think these chinese HID's could do the job since they come at 1/3rd of the price? Some they say are good. Another doubt that I have is, will the quality of the throw be any different across brands/quality? Your car's an inspiration Naveen. We share two things in common, one I got my Swift delivered in Mar '09 and my Swift also has got the same number bar one digit, its 7500 (I remember I had posted the same info a few years back when I had just joined, wouldn't know if you remmeber)
Champ, yes, 15k is expensive. I went to the shop to get the old school project headlight for swift (the one with twin headlights) but the shop owner showed this piece and I was completely blown off. I think I got this first here in Kerala. There was one Swift somewhere in Mumbai/Delhi with this. When I got this, many Swift owners approached me asking whether it was a custom mod. Anyways, completely satisfied with it's performance.

Saw the same tail lights here but didnt buy as the asking price was around 13k-14k. Also, only brake lights are LED's. I'm looking for the complete LED tails but that isnt available here. Fellow bhpian sportzmind got full LED tails which he imported from singapore or taiwan. I almost had one from singapore for 10k but the singapore dealer didnt have the stock.

I would recommend branded HID's since it's not safe to compromise on visibility. As I had mentioned, even Philips HID's are chinese made but does the job. If you are looking for cheaper alternatives, you can check out Auto Gauge, P8. But 4300k is a must. If you are looking for that 'bling' factor, go for 6000k. But good visibility but not as good as 4300k. Check few pages back in this thread. I have put some pics of 4300k vs 6000k HID's.

Didnt notice your number. That's pretty cool. Dont tell me you drive a white swift .

Anyways, kindly put the pics of the spoiler too and when the installation of the lights are done.

Let me know if you need any help.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:23   #178
BHPian

I forgot the third similarity, it is WHITE! And there is a fourth that I remember now, it also runs on 205 55 R15. Although not for long since I plan to downsize once I am down this time. Too much road noise inside the cabin. Attached a picture for you.

As for the HID's, I'll stick to what you have advised. Have noted the config. Looks like I'll have to blow more than anticipated on the Swifty. There goes my dreams of buying an RX-100 now. Next time perhaps. And I shall be certainly seeking your advice more often when I reach India and the mods start. Thanks for the invitation.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-swifty.jpg  

Old 22nd September 2012, 11:44   #179
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I forgot the third similarity, it is WHITE! And there is a fourth that I remember now, it also runs on 205 55 R15. Although not for long since I plan to downsize once I am down this time. Too much road noise inside the cabin. Attached a picture for you.
Nice, btw my car runs on 205/50/R15 - a bit rough. Yes, cabin noise is too much and add the dashboard rattles. Need to do something about that. Planning to go for 20/55/R15 next time.

Keep me updated and let me know if you need any help. Will be available always.

Just noticed your signature. That's one cool garage you got there. Still have all those?
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:59   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
...I have attached a pic of one of my friends Swift. He too has a VDi. Check it out!!
Came across this pic now! That grill screams "kit up" all the way! Not to my liking! Do you have the side pics? Would have loved to see the custom painting though!

Edit::

Quote:
...I have got the head lamps for AED550 (which when converted to today's exhange rate would be 8K INR). The Tail lights were for AED600, the LED Fog lamps for AED200 and the Rear Spoiler for AED150. Thats the sum up. I blew AED1450 in total which is about 21k INR for all this stuff. I only hope its worth the spend....
That's some solid pricing you have got. Where did you buy this in Dubai? And you should ideally have got the HIDs too from there I guess. Comes cheap compared to INR!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd September 2012 at 12:07. Reason: Added "Edit" portion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks