Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 16:11   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Swift Custom Modz

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
Is your friend on team-bhp. Just wanted to know what all went into making this swift and more over how much it cost him... one of the best modified swifts that I have seen
If am correct, he paid around 20k for the doors.
Old 28th June 2011, 16:20   #152
Senior - BHPian

The Grill on the red Swift is overkill.

Anyway, out of curiosity, does he have an overdose of a sound system in the car. I had seen a video once of some cars having a audio competition at some college in the kerala region. The Swift in that video looked very much like this one, with scissor doors et al
Old 28th June 2011, 18:48   #153
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 29th June 2011 at 14:21.
babureddy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th June 2011, 20:33   #154
BHPian

Does anybody have any idea whether the climate control module available in ZXI/ZDI can be fixed on a VDi/LDi? Any idea about the cost?
Old 29th June 2011, 02:31   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
No he is not a member of team bhp, but he visits the site often.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the total cost after everything on the car(body work + graphics + ICE) came to around 5 lakhs or so.
Now he's working on the interiors - planning to put in sparco seats and change the dash as well. Will post pics when I get them.

Yea Naveen its personal choice. I like the shape of the grille but I prefer it black, instead of silver.
He really spent 5 lakhs on THAT?? It is true what they say then.. Some people have more money than brains. Thats is one of the ugliest swifts I have ever seen.. Id have a bone stock car over it anyday!!
Old 29th June 2011, 10:01   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Hi naveen, like I said at our meet. I still think 7k is a bit high for the battery. Anyways, if it gives you trouble free motoring, then its worth it I guess.

I have attached a pic of one of my friends Swift. He too has a VDi. Check it out!!

Those Lambo Doors will ALWAYS give problems. Not worth the money & the front of the car looks

Each to his own..spent money on ruining a perfectly nice car, but that is just how I look at it. I am sure the owner must have loved it - only then he'd have spent that kind of money on the car.

Cheers
Old 29th June 2011, 10:21   #157
BHPian

+1 to Ricky ! Totally agree with you. One more problem with this scissor door setup is that they are the normal doors held up by a fairly heavy hydraulic setup. So it adds about a few kilos easy to the car. Moreover, the setup is normally placed above the wheel arch inside. This weight is directly affecting the ride quality as well. The stock doors themselves are heavy and to lift them up would be definitely a task. I have seen a fair amount of this kind of scissor doors being executed on regular door cars and no matter how much support is available from the hydraulic arm, the person operating it has to exert quite an amount of effort to open/close it.

One word to sum it up - OVERKILL !

Last edited by Xryder : 29th June 2011 at 10:23.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:53   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
If am correct, he paid around 20k for the doors.
Correct mate, he paid 25k for the doors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Anyway, out of curiosity, does he have an overdose of a sound system in the car. I had seen a video once of some cars having a audio competition at some college in the kerala region. The Swift in that video looked very much like this one, with scissor doors et al
He does have killer ICE. My college is car crazy, we do have competitions often. The swift in the video you saw must be him all right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
+1 to Ricky ! Totally agree with you. One more problem with this scissor door setup is that they are the normal doors held up by a fairly heavy hydraulic setup. So it adds about a few kilos easy to the car. Moreover, the setup is normally placed above the wheel arch inside. This weight is directly affecting the ride quality as well. The stock doors themselves are heavy and to lift them up would be definitely a task. I have seen a fair amount of this kind of scissor doors being executed on regular door cars and no matter how much support is available from the hydraulic arm, the person operating it has to exert quite an amount of effort to open/close it.

One word to sum it up - OVERKILL !
You may be correct about the hydraulic setup of the doors, but it does not require any extra effort to open these doors. they go up quite smoothly, and they make that small hissing noise like how the rear dicky's hatch door opens.
Extra effort or not, those doors are COOL!!

However, to each his own, its a matter of personal choice.
Old 20th December 2011, 00:07   #159
Senior - BHPian

Did they disconnect the battery to install the DRLs?
Old 20th December 2011, 09:37   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Did they disconnect the battery to install the DRLs?
Nope. They didnt. (Am guessing so since I wasnt there when they installed it). I had given the car for service.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:48   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Not any mods but just an update of my car after having a small bang. Although I had a great new year's party, my car didnt have one. This is the result of what drunk guys did when my car was parked in the hotel's parking lot. Not a major one but thought of sharing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Swift Custom Modz-img01252201201021658.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01253201201021658.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01254201201021658.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01255201201021659.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01257201201021659.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01258201201021700.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01259201201021737.jpg  

Swift Custom Modz-img01256201201021659.jpg  

Old 3rd January 2012, 12:52   #162
BHPian

Really sad stuff mate ! Try repairing the dent with the suction technique and get that panel polished. But since its contour has a pattern (the wheel arch), not sure if the suction would work in this case.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 13:04   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Really sad stuff mate ! Try repairing the dent with the suction technique and get that panel polished. But since its contour has a pattern (the wheel arch), not sure if the suction would work in this case.
Ya, since it's the wheel arch I doubt whether they can bring out the dent as expected. Anyways, waiting to see what can be done
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:02   #164
BHPian

Pretty sad. My car also had the same experience on New Years. But it was on the drive back to Chennai from Bangalore. A Swift banged into mine because he wanted to move before the signal turned green. Same spot as yours. But luckily no dent and just a few scratches which I hope can be cleared with some rubbing element.
Old 3rd January 2012, 14:49   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
my car didnt have one. This is the result of what drunk guys did when my car was parked in the hotel's parking lot. Not a major one but thought of sharing it.
This is the problem which is common with drunk drivers, they never care for someone's car. Especially of persons like you who care their car as their soul.
Forget it and for that, get it rectified at the earliest.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks