Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 00:09   #1
BHPian

High beam halogen for Skoda Superb V6 TDI

I have a slight problem, whenever I use full beam the xenon gives out a bluish white light and the halogen(full beam bulb) gives out a yellow light which cause two different types of colors from each headlight.

Please can anyone suggest me what bulb to change to? Keeping the phrase in mind "Brighter the better".
Old 8th May 2010, 01:41   #2
Team-BHP Support

the superb has projectors for high beam also. im surprised theyre not xenon too. if you put normal white bulbs in the high beam the light given out will be a better match for the low beam but the beam wont be as good as yellow. of course xenons will be a better choice but then who wants to mess with skoda electricals. i suggest you leave it how it is.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 01:32   #3
BHPian

Re: High beam halogen for Skoda Superb V6 TDI

Hi I have similar problem with my Superb's Headlamp. First the low beam is really too low, much lower than my Punto's Halogen. Anyway will have to live with it but I want to have xenons for high beam, halogen looks plain Ugly when the lights get mixed up. How can it be done? Please guide.
Old 17th October 2015, 08:47   #4

Hi, I am new to the forum and this is my first message on Team BHP. While Superb's xenon is a bi xenon, but when the high beam is switched on, a pair of halogens also light up giving the yellow light as against the white given out by the projectors. I had two questions to ask -

1. What is the colour temperature of the bi-xenons for skoda superb (mine is a 2010 model)?

2. Any suggestions on which bulbs to put in as the replacements of the halogens so that the car doesn't throw up any error messages?

Thanks.
AR123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 19:08   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR123 View Post

1. What is the colour temperature of the bi-xenons for skoda superb (mine is a 2010 model)?

2. Any suggestions on which bulbs to put in as the replacements of the halogens so that the car doesn't throw up any error messages?

Thanks.
1. OEM HID is almost always 4300k, this is considered the best in terms of visibility and whiteness with less glare compared to higher kelvin kits sold aftermarket.

2. If matching the color is the intent, Try Crystal Vision (4300k) or Diamond Vision (5000k) , but these bulbs have color filters on them to produce the bluer/whiter light , which means more glare and LESS light. All other good bulbs ( that focus on illumination mainly and not color) are more yellowish-white compared to HID, though whiter than stock halogens.
Ricci is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 19:30   #6

Thanks, Ricci.

Are these Crystal Vision lamps available in CANBUS compliant versions so that the car doesn't throw up error messages with these on? I believe that the high beam bulb is H3 for Superb.

I got the day time running lamps changed to Morimoto LEDs (5500 K) which have vastly improved the way the car looks. Also these don't show any error messages. The day time running lamps are W5W. Am very tempted to go the LED way for the high beams as well but not sure if there are LED solutions for H3 size which would offer better light and less glare while being CANBUS compliant.
AR123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 21:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR123 View Post
Thanks, Ricci.

Are these Crystal Vision lamps available in CANBUS compliant versions so that the car doesn't throw up error messages with these on? I believe that the high beam bulb is H3 for Superb.
Crystal Vision/Diamond Vision/Xtreme Power are all in standard wattage for their type ( H4 60/55W , H1 55W , H7 55W ), they are intended as plug and play replacements for the standard OEM fitment bulbs, so worries about CANBUS or wiring.

H3 is a fog lamp application, 35W. If it's in the high/low beam, that is a big surprise. High/low beam halogens are either H1, H7, H9 or H11 , or the US equivalents. Check in your car manual, it will likely be H7 or H11.

LED aftermarket kits leave a lot to be desired. The better/effective ones come as a LED+reflector kit complete as auxiliary lights, the drop-in replacements for the halogen bulbs aren't all that good for high beams - they tend to lack range.
Ricci is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks