Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 10:16   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Jo:

Thanks for the pics. I have a feeling that this isnt right. The pattern seems uneven. You can check out the videos on Youtube and see the difference.
Try uploading the video.
Cheers.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
What about adding some undercar neons or LED's ???
Hmmm that may be too much at this stage. Maybe after i do the rest of the mods. Also might get some slick sporty bucket seats.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:27   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Go for the tyre upgrade. Your car seriously miss those..!
Your ride will look hot when the tyres are upgraded. And am sure your car will be the talk of the town since this is first projector setup for Altis..!

PS - I dont suggest the undercar neons specially for roads in Kerala. I had them before and one tube got damaged thanks to the roads out here.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Go for the tyre upgrade. Your car seriously miss those..!
Your ride will look hot when the tyres are upgraded. And am sure your car will be the talk of the town since this is first projector setup for Altis..!
Yep Yep..still researching on the rims and tyres. Hehe... I bet its goin to be a looker at-er once everything is done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
PS - I dont suggest the undercar neons specially for roads in Kerala. I had them before and one tube got damaged thanks to the roads out here.
Yeh I am not much for the undercar neons too. Like i said I may change the seats and maintain some kind of color theme, and then load up with interior underdash LEDs or somesort that light up when car opens.
Old 13th May 2010, 10:55   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Good choice Jo...
Tyres first.. Then go for the basic interior trims. By that time, your cash flow will be exhausted.. hehe.
I faced the same kind of situation where i ran out of money after upgrading my cars shoes.. hehe
Old 13th May 2010, 10:55   #36
Team-BHP Support

Joe, i really love the subtle mods you've done to the car. The projectors have really enhanced the looks.

Get alloys which are black with a red lip.. it'll make your car look like a stealth mobile.
Old 13th May 2010, 11:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

jocreative, very creative mod i must say. really liked this ANGRY looking Altis! i started droolig moment i saw the thread title

Any mods to engine planned?
Old 13th May 2010, 15:20   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Joe, i really love the subtle mods you've done to the car. The projectors have really enhanced the looks.
Get alloys which are black with a red lip.. it'll make your car look like a stealth mobile.
I believe so too. I am still checking on various alloys... will reach a verdict eventually.
I have seen a lot of black+red alloys...haven't struck on any particular model yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
jocreative, very creative mod i must say. really liked this ANGRY looking Altis! i started droolig moment i saw the thread title
Any mods to engine planned?
No engine mods yet. One reason, I am new to the whole mod side of cars, and two...this baby is only 4 months old. Don't want to mess up with the warranty if any!
Old 13th May 2010, 16:06   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
I believe so too. I am still checking on various alloys... will reach a verdict eventually.
I have seen a lot of black+red alloys...haven't struck on any particular model yet.

No engine mods yet. One reason, I am new to the whole mod side of cars, and two...this baby is only 4 months old. Don't want to mess up with the warranty if any!
Sure that the light mod wont hamper the warranty deal? Do check.

Keep it stealth IMHO. Did you check alloys from Apollo?
Old 13th May 2010, 16:14   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow Jo. I must say your Altis looks HOT with the projectors. It is so very tempting.

BTW, isnt your car the 1st Altis on TBHP to be modded in this manner?

Regards,
Old 13th May 2010, 16:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Sure that the light mod wont hamper the warranty deal? Do check.
Keep it stealth IMHO. Did you check alloys from Apollo?
Nope. I believe slicing and dicing stuff would hamper the warranty. This was a perfect remove and fit without any other mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Wow Jo. I must say your Altis looks HOT with the projectors. It is so very tempting.
BTW, isnt your car the 1st Altis on TBHP to be modded in this manner?
Regards,
Thanks.
I think its the first... probably All Kerala/India too Wooot..!
Old 13th May 2010, 16:30   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Any mods to the engine will certainly hamper your cars warranty.. Also, any electrical mods where the company wires are cut or modded will hamper the warranty. This is very much common during ICE installs.

Alloys/tyres mods are safe
Old 13th May 2010, 16:55   #43
BHPian

Yeh thats why I double checked to see if this light would be a safe install, and it was. Ofcourse I understand the case that if any other problems are routed to the installation of the light, then there would not be warranty for that either. For ex, possible damage goods or wiring because of increased power consumption from the lights...etc.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:28   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

If the installation is done properly then there's nothing to worry..!
Old 13th May 2010, 22:30   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Thanks.
I think its the first... probably All Kerala/India too Wooot..!
You're a trend setter I must say. The thing is that Altis owners hardly discuss their cars compared with the Civic chaps who go on and on and on, some in dedicated threads, about mods, ICE and maintenance tips, hacks, blah blah blah. They're such an enthusiastic lot!

So I really wonder - are the Corolla/Corolla Altis/Camry so boring to discuss or are the owners, or both? Seeing this thread made me happy and I thought to myself "Here's one chap who is enthusiastic about his Altis"

On a more serious note - Just keep in mind the stock HID bulb is a D2R i.e. meant to be fitted in a reflector housing, which is what the 'R' stands for. I think you used them in the new headlamps? Normally projector headlamp assemblies come with D2S bulbs. Is that the cause of the rather v shaped light beam?

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks