Team-BHP - Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Modded Toyota Corolla Altis- Projector CCFL Angel Eyes, Spoilers, Side Visor (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/81329-modded-toyota-corolla-altis-projector-ccfl-angel-eyes-spoilers-side-visor.html)

Hello Guys, Finally decided to get rid of the stock looks my Dec 2009 Corolla Altis. I have added Angel Eye Projector Headlights, Side Visors, Rear trunk lip spoiler and Rear Windshield Spoiler.

The Projector lights look awesome. I bought it online from Ebay Taiwan, and cost me around $450-500 (incl shipping) total. Shipping took around 1 week to arrive. These were the HID versions, so its a straight plug and install thing. I took them to a local accessory dealing shop anyways so that the professionals can fit them and even then they took around 2-3hours to install. If I did it on my own, it would have taken a week :)

The halo is white and really bright. Sorry I do not have any night pics yet. I will get some done soon and update it here.

The projection of the lights against a wall is not totally flat (straight line)... it has a V like line to it... not sure if thats form the shape of the lights or if there needs to be some kind of tuning or rotating of the bulbs to get a perfect straight line. Will fix some pics soon to show you what I mean.

Also bought a Panasonic 8.5inch DVD player for in car entertainment. Since the screen is tiltable, it can easily fit on top of the front dash. A anti-slip grip pad keeps it from moving all over the place if on a bumpy road. It has 2 audio outs that I can connect to the car aux-in port easily. Video and Sound is great. Plays Divx and other common formats. No USB ports though but battery lasts for like 5-6 hours and great to watch couple of movies on. Costs around Rs11k-ish.

Side Visors were from Toyota dealers. Cost me around Rs3000 for all four. I think this must be a new design, becuase it looks sleek and fits the shape of the car. Doesn't stand out or protrude like a flap unlike other models. Great finish too.

Next upgrade would be 17 or 18" rims and tyres. Although I cannot find any models that suit my taste and the car... I would like to maintain a good classy and sporty look at the same time. So far the models I have seen (Plati, Racing Wheels), the finish is not that great and after all that I just look at my stock wheels and go... oh well I think i like you better than all the other models. It sort of grows on you I guess.

Here are some day time pics... more to come soon.

gorgeous front end :)

need to do some thing about the backside especially the chrome registration plate patti and also the tail lamp :)

Not sure how much mod the number plate because those were the IND standard plates I got from an accessory dealer... they said eventually its goin to be a new rule in India or somethin... blah who knows I might just be stuck with a boring lookin plate!

The Altis looks sooooo much better now! With those Projectors + angel eyes. Good mod! Congrats.

Nice mod, especially the angel eyes. Please do a favour by clicking a pic at night :) Would these angel eyes fit for the earlier gen Corolla?

Umm, so any performace mods in queue?

EDIT : If you haven't checked earlier, see this neatly done Corolla mod.

Hot loooking projectors . I too own Corolla Altis Sports , can you help me with the ebay link for the projectors . And how is the throw of the light compared to the originals lights ?

According to me original lights are very effective .

Your is looking awesome.. Great choice of projectors.. Are you running HIDs? For a perfect cutoff, please check my video link. Please post the pics during night showing both high and low beams. If possible try uploading a video just like mine..

Great work...!!
PS- Try getting rid of the front and rear scratch guards.. That's spoiling the awesome work dude..!

Excellent look Jo. Be careful about upgrading wheels to 17" or 18" as they may be completely unsuitable for our roads, especially the ones in Kerala. Have seen some posts here about moving back from 17" to 16" due to rim damage and extremely rough ride on our roads. 16" may be max you can go without compromising ride and causing damages to wheels.

16" should be fine.. anything above that will be history..!!

I am not a big fan of those side visors they kinda don't gel well with the aesthetics of the car. Otherwise all is well for now and the Altis is only missing a lovely set of alloys. I would say go ahead and complete the look, she deserves it.

These projectors look like they came factory fitted! Really gel with the front of the corolla. clap:

P.S. You sure about 17's and 18's? I think 16 should be enough or else the ride'll suffer quite a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIV3R (Post 1881815)
The Altis looks sooooo much better now! With those Projectors + angel eyes. Good mod! Congrats.

Thanks. I agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekm (Post 1881824)
Nice mod, especially the angel eyes. Please do a favour by clicking a pic at night Would these angel eyes fit for the earlier gen Corolla?
Umm, so any performace mods in queue?
EDIT : If you haven't checked earlier, see this neatly done Corolla mod.

Thanks Prateekm. I will post some night pics either tonite or tomorrow.
These angle eyes would not fit 2008 or earlier (non-altis) Corollas. The shape is different. You can get ones for the earlier gens too though.
I have seen many earlier gen mods, but only a handful of 2009 Altis mods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankit_chd (Post 1881841)
Hot loooking projectors . I too own Corolla Altis Sports , can you help me with the ebay link for the projectors . And how is the throw of the light compared to the originals lights ?
According to me original lights are very effective .

Sure. Here is the link to the product
[COLOR=#0066cc]http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Corolla-ALTIS-4Dr-08-09-CCFL-LED-Pro-Headlight-TOYOTA-/360131848167?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessor ies&hash=item53d987e7e7[/COLOR]

They provide both RHD and LHD models and custom make it too. You also have options of colorful Halos... ooooooOOOHH :)

I have no complaints with these new lights so far other than the cut off against the wall (V or Bird shape pattern.. will show in pics soon). The lights are bright and powerful. My opinion, I feel they are better than the stock lights. I run on low beam now all the time =)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1881845)
Your is looking awesome.. Great choice of projectors.. Are you running HIDs? For a perfect cutoff, please check my video link. Please post the pics during night showing both high and low beams. If possible try uploading a video just like mine..
Great work...!!
PS- Try getting rid of the front and rear scratch guards.. That's spoiling the awesome work dude..!

Thanks Naveen, Yes I am running HIDs for the low beam. Both are stock bulbs too. I will definitly check your video link, and if I get time will make one too.

I agree on the scratch guards. But since they are glued on, I am sure if I remove them I would have to repaint those bumpers again... so I am just waiting for (god forbid) the next scratch or dent so that I can tell them to take them off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasoo (Post 1881875)
Excellent look Jo. Be careful about upgrading wheels to 17" or 18" as they may be completely unsuitable for our roads, especially the ones in Kerala. Have seen some posts here about moving back from 17" to 16" due to rim damage and extremely rough ride on our roads. 16" may be max you can go without compromising ride and causing damages to wheels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1881886)
16" should be fine.. anything above that will be history..!!

I will keep that in mind. I hardly do some major riding now a days but I do have occasions where I would have to go across beaten up roads too. One of the main reasons to go for an upgrade now is that I can definitly get an appreciable return for my old alloys and tyres (around 15-16k). 16" wont be much of an upgrade... Let me marrinate on that thought :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 1881890)
I am not a big fan of those side visors they kinda don't gel well with the aesthetics of the car. Otherwise all is well for now and the Altis is only missing a lovely set of alloys. I would say go ahead and complete the look, she deserves it.

I was 60-40 on that earlier because I thought they would be standing out too much, but once it was on, I totally liked it. It looks flat and fits well with the body color. Its all good :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharti22shresth (Post 1881897)
These projectors look like they came factory fitted! Really gel with the front of the corolla. clap:
P.S. You sure about 17's and 18's? I think 16 should be enough or else the ride'll suffer quite a bit.

These people took a factory light and modded the projectors on them, so the basic shape and everything looks the same.

Still trying to decide on the tyre upgrades. may take a few months to reach a verdict.

BTW Jo, here's the link showcasing my car. Check it out. Demo video included here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...stom-modz.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveen.raju (Post 1881966)
BTW Jo, here's the link showcasing my car. Check it out. Demo video included here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...stom-modz.html

Just checked it out. Good looking Swift. I had a black one in 2007.
Can you take a pic of your lights shooting at a wall? Do you have a straight cut off? Been looking at some Youtube videos and most of them have really good cut offs.
YouTube - BMW HID high beam in action

I definitly have to do something about mine then. Its straight but the V pattern in the front is bothering me. Maybe the fellas did not install it correctly or one light is tilted at some micro angle.

Will update with some pics tonite.

@Jo
I had seen this video before.. I did a lot of research before installing the projector and HIDs.

I shall post the pics soon.

Once the projectors are installed, you need to adjust the focus correctly. Since my projector has a motorized level support, this problem wasnt there. There should be three screws which needs to be adjusted to achieve the right focus.

Let me see your pics so that I can get to know the exact problem.