Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2011, 00:04   #16
BHPian

Re: More power from the Cruze: 466Nm torque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
All Cruze cars released after December 2010
Sorry for the error; please read as December 2009.
Old 13th October 2012, 07:06   #17
BHPian

Finally Race Dynamics have developed the only piggy back box in the world that controls boost pressure in VGT equipped crdi engines like the Cruze. Its either this box or a remap and nothing else. FGT equipped vehicles can continue with the old box with waste gate tweaks. Here I copy paste the communications I had with Race Dynamics via email. The last post has come first.
""""

Dear Dr. Sunil,

With regards to your enquiry regarding DieselTRONIC with boost control for your Cruze, Our Dual Channel ECU with On-board Boost control is ready and we are keen to give you a unit to try out.

As clarified earlier, the Dual Channel Version of DieselTRONIC is fully compatible with your VGT equipped Cruze and will take control over boost pressure as an addition to the 4 Maps switchable via remote. Do let us know if you are interested and we shall send across a unit to you.

Regards,

RaceDynamics Support Team

On Aug 15, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Pullockaran C Sunil wrote:

Dear RDTEAM,
Unfortunately the Cruze only has a Variable Geometry Trubo and does not have a waste gate. I will have to give this one a miss then. Bye for now and hope you do develop a unit compatible with VGT turbo.
Regards.
P.C.Sunil.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM, sales@racedynamics.in <sales@racedynamics.in> wrote:
Dear Dr. Sunil,

The latest version of our DieselTRONIC Range of Tuning Boxes will have on-board boost control for CRDI Engines equipped with an Electronic Wastegate. The unit is ready and will be available very shortly. The pricing is yet to be finalised though it should cost around Rs. 25,000. It will have all previous features including our patented Adaptive Self Learning Technology as well as four wirelessly switchable maps on the fly.
We will keep you posted and let you know when it will be available for you to try if you are interested.

Regards,

RD Team

"On one of the auto enthusiast website I came across an article which mentioned that you are developing an ECU that takes control of turbo pressure of crdi engines. Flooding the Cruze engine with more fuel without increased oxygen is asking for trouble in an already over fueled Cruze engine. If its true how long would we have to wait before the unit sees light of day. Please do mention the approximate price plus or minus 3000 rupees if that unit is being actively developed by you. Please do send a reply to my email address too."""
drpullockaran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2012, 11:51   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran
Finally Race Dynamics have developed the only piggy back box in the world that controls boost pressure in VGT equipped crdi engines like the Cruze. Its either this box or a remap and nothing else. FGT equipped vehicles can continue with the old box with waste gate tweaks. Here I copy paste the communications I had with Race Dynamics via email. The last post has come first.
""""

Dear Dr. Sunil,

With regards to your enquiry regarding DieselTRONIC with boost control for your Cruze, Our Dual Channel ECU with On-board Boost control is ready and we are keen to give you a unit to try out.

As clarified earlier, the Dual Channel Version of DieselTRONIC is fully compatible with your VGT equipped Cruze and will take control over boost pressure as an addition to the 4 Maps switchable via remote. Do let us know if you are interested and we shall send across a unit to you.

Regards,

Dear RDTEAM,
Unfortunately the Cruze only has a Variable Geometry Trubo and does not have a waste gate. I will have to give this one a miss then. Bye for now and hope you do develop a unit compatible with VGT turbo.
Regards.
P.C.Sunil.

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 6:28 PM, sales@racedynamics.in <sales@racedynamics.in> wrote:
Dear Dr. Sunil,

The latest version of our DieselTRONIC Range of Tuning Boxes will have on-board boost control for CRDI Engines equipped with an Electronic Wastegate. The unit is ready and will be available very shortly. The pricing is yet to be finalised though it should cost around Rs. 25,000. It will have all previous features including our patented Adaptive Self Learning Technology as well as four wirelessly switchable maps on the fly.
We will keep you posted and let you know when it will be available for you to try if you are interested.

Regards,

RD Team

"On one of the auto enthusiast website I came across an article which mentioned that you are developing an ECU that takes control of turbo pressure of crdi engines. Flooding the Cruze engine with more fuel without increased oxygen is asking for trouble in an already over fueled Cruze engine. If its true how long would we have to wait before the unit sees light of day. Please do mention the approximate price plus or minus 3000 rupees if that unit is being actively developed by you. Please do send a reply to my email address too."""
That is really good news. Hope you try it out and give us your valuable feedback.

One question . Does I20 diesel which has a fixed turbo need the boost control box or is the existing box sufficient for it?
Old 13th October 2012, 12:06   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
""""

Dear Dr. Sunil,

Regards,

Dear RDTEAM,
Regards.
P.C.Sunil.

Dear Dr. Sunil,

Regards,

RD Team

Wow!

Waiting for your feedback on the box. Great to know there is finally a competent and safer (In terms of the ability to go back to stock) option to remaps.

RD - I've got a Punto 90 with VGT. And I'm ready when you are. Forget everything else - I'm going to skip meals to save money for this one.
Old 31st October 2012, 14:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is a great news. I too agree with your point that pushing more fuel without air is wrong principle. Had asked many tuning box manufacturers for dual channel box.

There are only couple of them and they cost more than remaps. So dumped the idea.

If RD box is available at competitive price, i will surely go for it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks