Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 17:59   #46
BHPian

For the experts - is adding another battery separately to MVBB Navigator a impossible task ?
Old 27th May 2010, 20:01   #47
Senior - BHPian

Guys, a small issue.

the door locking motor which the MicroVBB guys fitted is not working now! as i have said in my initial posts that this motor was fitted so that the same remote would ARM the system as well as lock the doors so that i would not have to carry two remotes. but now the remote just ARMS/DISARMS the system but does not LOCK/UNLOCK the doors.

i would like to point out that this motor is not a part of the MicroVBB kit & while installing this motor, they told me that this is without guarantee/warranty but assured me it has a long life. i never imagined it would go kaput in 4 days!

i now have to carry two remotes- the nippon one to lock/unlock the doors & the MicroVBB one to ARM/DISARM the system! i paid Rs. 1500/- for that motor. what do i do now?

will they replace the motor free of cost or will they ask me to shell out Rs. 1500 again? if its the latter, what should i do? i am not interested to get into an argument with them as i would need their help for any future assistance/services. are such motors available in the market? if possible, any reputed brand? so that i could buy a motor & they just need to install it. i anyways need to buy an Autocop hooter.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:37   #48
Senior - BHPian

Within 4 days, I hope they replace it free of cost.

But since they did mentioned that there is no warranty / guarantee, I pray they do not cling on to that.

But yes, you can get the motor from AutoCop. Do this if they refuse to replace it free of cost. AutoCop will come with 3 years warranty.
Old 28th May 2010, 18:20   #49
Senior - BHPian

What if a thief were to use a simple Jammer Device to block Cellular signals? Does that mean that the entire 13000 bucks odd device is rendered useless?
Old 28th May 2010, 19:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

^^ Woah! If a thief is walking around with mobile jammers, then there is absolutely no way you can safe guard your vehicle. One who is investing in such tools is a very serious into this.

Mmm... but then, good imagination, Roy.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:35   #51
Senior - BHPian

@ roy: a thief will start investing in mobile jammers if every car in mumbai installs such GSM based devices!

in my case, he wont realize that i have installed such a system.
Old 29th May 2010, 13:31   #52

Hi,
Liked your thread very much and the security system you have installed in your vehicle and the detailing done on the microVBB security system.
Very interested to install it my car at the earliest possible time.

Regards
Ashwin Narayan
Old 31st May 2010, 09:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

I would like to add the address of a dealer in Chennai. I got this from the Mumbai MVBB POC.

Chennai folks who are interested may contact the below persons.

Chennai - Tambaram
M/s. Dencil Pumps & System Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Balasubramanian
Mr. Rajwendra - 9840708620 / Mr. Kumaraswamy - 9600563750
S.no. 291 / 3, Anjaneyar kovil Street Extension, Vengai Vasal, Tambaram(E),
Chennai - 600 073,
Tamil Nadu
rajendran.s@dencilpumps.in
dencilpumpschennai@yahoo.in

Last edited by scopriobharath : 31st May 2010 at 09:03.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:33   #54
Senior - BHPian

a small Q,
we all regularly get calls on our phones. what if some one attempts to call the number of the sim in the box? will it malfunction , even if you dont give out your number there are chances of wrong numbers and sometimes calls from your own operator.
Old 31st May 2010, 09:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

in the elite model, there is a small panel on the dashboard which has three buttons- red, green & panic & a 2.5mm jack for connecting hands-free. anyone can call on that number & no, it will not malfunction. infact the panel inside will beep & you have the choice of accepting the call & talking through hands free or rejecting the call.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2010, 10:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Raj, somehow I missed this thread.

Good to see the work you are doing to keep thieves away from your beast. Thanks a lot for sharing the review on this system. This is indeed something which was missing from TBHP till now.

Was wondering, if there are these three buttons on the dashboard isnt it like making the product visible to the thief so that he tries to kill it first. I guess the product should be hidden somewhere so that the thief will not be able to know if that particular vehicle has it and then the owner takes control.

I liked the system but was wondering why the navigator, which is like one version higher lacks the features which the one lower one has !
Old 31st May 2010, 12:49   #57
BHPian

It is not essential to install the communication unit with the three buttons. I did not get it installed as it would be conspicuous and did not feel the need for it. It may be useful where the car is driven by someone else and you wish to communicate with the person in the car.

A word of caution for prospective buyers. Please find out about the various dealers for your city and then speak to them and get some reference numbers where they have done the install. Take reference numbers for your car make model/year and speak and confirm the installation and performance.

All installers are not same and if one has not installed it on your exact model/make car, the chances that there will be problems is high.
It's been 4 days of daily working and the unit is still not fully functional as it should be. I have been promised a visit by the Micro Technologies own technician today to resolve the problem.
Old 31st May 2010, 15:01   #58
BHPian

MicroVBB is good, but Fast Trackerz is another brand which offers more features, better service at a better price. Just google them and you can find more information you want on them.
Old 31st May 2010, 18:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

Sorry guys for the late response. the malfunction was traced to a loose connection! it has been solved as of now! but i am still carrying two remotes to be on the safer side!
Old 1st June 2010, 22:01   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
What if a thief were to use a simple Jammer Device to block Cellular signals? Does that mean that the entire 13000 bucks odd device is rendered useless?
Thats the thought that came to my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
^^ Woah! If a thief is walking around with mobile jammers, then there is absolutely no way you can safe guard your vehicle. One who is investing in such tools is a very serious into this.

Mmm... but then, good imagination, Roy.
and without trying to rain on anyone's parade, you can get a mobile jammer for just over 1000 from deal extreme.
DealExtreme: $25.92 Personal Cell Phone Signal Blocker Device

OT: But then again, realistically, apart from having a 24*7 security guard who cannot be bribed i doubt electronic car security in the mass market could get better than this. if i had the inclination towards spending the money, i would definitely go for something like this.

I am not completely sure why i think this way but apart from brute force security systems (gear locks, clutch-steering locks, my mama from the aussie rugby team :P), electronic systems always have faster breakthoughs. and in a country like India where response times are fantastically fast, one of the things that stop a thief is how much time it takes him or her to do their thing.
Sorry for going OT and for the rain on your parade with my defeatist monologue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks