Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:46   #61
Senior - BHPian

That device doesn't block the 1800/1900Mhz GSM bands, so use a cellular provider which uses those bands.
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:02   #62
Senior - BHPian

Not taking ImmortalZ note into consideration here, but :

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewhiteknight View Post
...you can get a mobile jammer for just over 1000 from deal extreme.
DealExtreme: $25.92 Personal Cell Phone Signal Blocker Device...
A thief, who is savvy enough to search this product out, takes the effort to buy it online, get is internationally shipped, is one serious guy. As I said in my earlier post, there is only so much you can do to secure your vehicle; not possible to totally eliminate the possibility and never from a determined thief.

What we can do is only try to make the effort take so much time that the thief losses interest or find it not worth the time and risk.

So yes, if he has all these tools, you might as well hand over the keys to him, since whatever you do, he will have the means to crack it.

Another way to ensure no one steals your vehicle is not to buy one.
HappyWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:28   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
A thief, who is savvy enough to search this product out, takes the effort to buy it online, get is internationally shipped, is one serious guy. As I said in my earlier post, there is only so much you can do to secure your vehicle; not possible to totally eliminate the possibility and never from a determined thief.

What we can do is only try to make the effort take so much time that the thief losses interest or find it not worth the time and risk.

So yes, if he has all these tools, you might as well hand over the keys to him, since whatever you do, he will have the means to crack it.

Another way to ensure no one steals your vehicle is not to buy one.
very very well said & i totally agree to this.

infact this is one of the reasons, i am considering a steering lock too, even though i know its of no use.
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:42   #64
BHPian

Do they have any website?
Or simply put, where can I get this installed in Faridabad or South Delhi?
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

@ abhi: see my post #1 for the website address.

or call on their toll free helpline number- 1800 209 2000
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:51   #66
BHPian

hmm ya. I totally agree about the "What we can do is only try to make the effort take so much time that the thief losses interest or find it not worth the time and risk." bit. thats what my point was when i said that brute force ensuring that the thief takes more time thereby increasing their exposure time.

But mobile jammers are available relatively easily, from Heerapanna in Mumbai to Carol Bagh and Kalkaji in delhi, though priced higher than than what is available from DE. I was pretty surprised to see them on the shelves but didnt link it back to a discussion pertaining to car safety at that time.

And yes i would put the MicroVBB if i had the cash to spend thataways. My reasons would be that it is relatively uncommon which makes it tougher for the hoodlums to have tried, practiced and then able to open it in a small amount of time, thereby increasing their exposure time.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:17   #67
BHPian

raj_5004,
Just wanted to cross check the functioning of the unit with you.
After 6 days finally the installers have got the whole unit working on my car, a new Honda City AT.
What I notice is that in the case of the boot flap, and the front doors, the vehicle lights blink within a few seconds of opening them. In case of the rear doors the time lag is upto 20 - 30 seconds before the vehicle lights blink. You would be aware that it is only once the lights have blinked that the unit sends out the alert messages.
I talked to the Micro VBB Delhi Head and his opinion was that this is normal as the thieves do not focus on the rear doors .
Have you done independent checking? If yes, would appreciate if you could share the experience for individual sensor response times.
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:38   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroThoughts View Post
raj_5004,
Just wanted to cross check the functioning of the unit with you.
After 6 days finally the installers have got the whole unit working on my car, a new Honda City AT.
What I notice is that in the case of the boot flap, and the front doors, the vehicle lights blink within a few seconds of opening them. In case of the rear doors the time lag is upto 20 - 30 seconds before the vehicle lights blink. You would be aware that it is only once the lights have blinked that the unit sends out the alert messages.
I talked to the Micro VBB Delhi Head and his opinion was that this is normal as the thieves do not focus on the rear doors .
Have you done independent checking? If yes, would appreciate if you could share the experience for individual sensor response times.
hi buddy, please give me one day to check this. since i have attached the hooter (and it is quite loud), i cannot check this in my society. my neighbors may get annoyed! today evening i am going out & i will definitely check this in my car.
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:29   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
hi buddy, please give me one day to check this. since i have attached the hooter (and it is quite loud), i cannot check this in my society. my neighbors may get annoyed! today evening i am going out & i will definitely check this in my car.
As if getting such a brilliant system in place wasnt gud enough, you go ahead and put in a HOOTER in place of the alarm. Awesome. Leave aside your GSM Security system, trust me, hooter will be enough to drive small petty thieves away.
Old 3rd June 2010, 17:02   #70
Senior - BHPian

Raj,

I have missed out on this thread till now. Awesome report out and am inclined to go for this product for my ride.

Will reach out to them. Thank you!
Old 3rd June 2010, 18:29   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhall_gagan View Post
As if getting such a brilliant system in place wasnt gud enough, you go ahead and put in a HOOTER in place of the alarm. Awesome. Leave aside your GSM Security system, trust me, hooter will be enough to drive small petty thieves away.
Ahem... so what does hooter mean buddy?

here, everybody refers to it as 'hooter' or 'siren'.

Dictionary says-
Quote:
Hooter:

1. a person or thing that hoots.
2.British- a car horn.
3.British Slang- the nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Raj,

I have missed out on this thread till now. Awesome report out and am inclined to go for this product for my ride.

Will reach out to them. Thank you!
thanks buddy.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 3rd June 2010 at 18:35.
Old 4th June 2010, 18:39   #72

Good thread,does the system send message incase of low signal area?maybe we can avoid parking around that area?
Also I have seen problems with a gps system loosing signal in underground parking spots so it might not be useful in case
we park in such areas.
Old 6th June 2010, 09:14   #73
Senior - BHPian

yes buddy, this system would be useless in a place where there is no signal.
Old 6th June 2010, 09:50   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
yes buddy, this system would be useless in a place where there is no signal.

But can it detect theft, once it comes into an area where the signals are present. I mean, theft happenned in "No signal area" but then the vehicle was driven into a "signal area", will it raise an alarm later ??
Old 7th June 2010, 09:28   #75
Senior - BHPian

good question & i am not too sure how it will work in an area with absolutely no signal!

if the reception is even weak, then i suppose, like normal SIMs, i would get the SMS after the signal becomes strong. but what would happen if there is no signal at all? no clue!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks