Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 12:07   #91
Senior - BHPian

@ ZeroThoughts:

Yes, they installed 6 of their sensors on all the doors, boot door & the bonnet.

Usually, i do get the "attempt to start" message when i insert a key in the keyhole (in a simulative theft attempt!) but this time i got only the "door opened" warning.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
@ ZeroThoughts:

Yes, they installed 6 of their sensors on all the doors, boot door & the bonnet.

That is good because then your wiring would have been intact hopefully and also the system seems to work fine as it is in your case.

Usually, i do get the "attempt to start" message when i insert a key in the keyhole (in a simulative theft attempt!) but this time i got only the "door opened" warning.
This was a major irritant to me too! It was erratic, sometimes I used to get it sometimes I would not get it, just get the door open alert.

On the last day after some adjustments that they had made, I was told that I will get the attempt to start only in case a person got inside WITHOUT opening the doors and made an attempt to start the car. If the door is opened then I will not get it. The lower model supports the function but not the 'Elite', that is what I was told by the technicians.
On probing as to how I was getting the alerts earlier, they had no answer!

Anyway, as in your case it is their sensors etc. the system should perform without problems.
Enjoy the peace of mind!

Last edited by ZeroThoughts : 30th June 2010 at 17:27. Reason: formatting
Old 30th June 2010, 22:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that you got the refund.

So that means, they dint install any sensors on the doors? they used the OE sensors of the city? why should they do that?

As i said, i am quite sure that apart from the ignition wires, they have not touched any of my car's original wiring. they have used the sensors & wiring kit provided with the box.

in case of an attempt, you should get the door open warning first. how can they make such silly excuses?

sorry to hear that you had a less than satisfactory experience with this. anyways, since you got the BB removed & the amount refunded, i hope you are having your peace of mind too now.
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:53   #94
BHPian

Raj,
Have you considered putting a tilt sensor to the system.
Micro's brochure shows it but they do not have it.
Amazon has quite a few and I was planning to get this one : " Install Essentiala 507M Tilt Sensor". It would have made a nice complete setup.
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:37   #95
Senior - BHPian

yes, i did ask about it. it was written "optional" on the box. the technicians here said they do not have the hardware for it yet.
Old 4th July 2010, 08:47   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

A bit of OT here but the first two screen shots at this thread show tracking capabilities of VTS devices.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1965966
Old 4th July 2010, 11:37   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
A bit of OT here but the first two screen shots at this thread show tracking capabilities of VTS devices.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1965966

You had mentioned some time back that you would let us know the details of the device/system. Can you share it now?
Old 5th July 2010, 16:39   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Just waiting for some confirmation from the hardware vendor.
Basically I am going to give you all a free GPS tracking solution with few known and compatible hardware's which can be sourced by you directly. Should be effective low cost vehicle tracking solution.
Would post back hopefully soon.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:52   #99
BHPian

Quote:
true. there are just 5-6 commands you need to memorize, others are just for system settings.
If you can memorize the commands then good else you can type it and save as draft. Then use as and when you need.
Old 7th September 2010, 09:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkEraser View Post
If you can memorize the commands then good else you can type it and save as draft. Then use as and when you need.
That is if you have a nokia! i have a SE running on android OS, so it does not have this facility.

Moreover, the commands are just short 4 letter words.
Old 15th November 2010, 09:42   #101
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In what I see as a validation for GPS-based security systems, a Pajero stolen from Mumbai was recovered shortly after by the Mumbai police.

Source : TOI

Quote:
Mumbai: Luck ran out for Mohammed Shakil, a 32-year-old vehicle thief who stole a Pajero parked on the premises of a Malad building, without realizing that it had a GPS system installed and was connected to the cellphone of the vehicle owner.

According to the Powai police, the vehicle was stolen by the gang in the night on November 5 and was to be delivered to the buyer in Thane. Mid-way, while passing through Powai, Shakil halted near the IIT Gate to buy some liquor. Meanwhile, businessman Sanghvi, the Pajero owner, got an alert message on his cellphone soon after his car was stolen on November 5. Sanghvi immediately informed the police about the theft. He kept tracking the vehicle’s movement and finally the GPS showed that the vehicle was parked near the IIT Gate that helped in tracking the vehicle immediately before it crossed city limits.

The Powai police acted immediately and arrested Shakil who was found sleeping in the vehicle after a couple of drinks. During interrogation, he said that he was a member of a gang that had stolen over 1,000 vehicles, mostly Bolero, Qualis and Scorpio in the last three years in the city and sold it for Rs 50,000 each.
Old 15th November 2010, 10:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

1) I stay in Powai!

2) My car has a GSM based security system.

3) I have a scorpio...

(by the way, the sell a scorpio, qualis for Rs. 50,000?!!)
Old 15th November 2010, 10:38   #103
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Does the newspaper mention any brand of the GPS system installed in the vehicle or is it the same Microvbb black box system?
Old 1st February 2011, 20:57   #104
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review of MicroVBB Black Box

hi raj how is this stuff working?
Old 2nd February 2011, 23:30   #105
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review of MicroVBB Black Box

Hi Amit, its working absolutely fine. However, I changed the SIM card to Vodafone & since then, its not showing the name of the area the car is in. However, its the SIM's mistake & not the device's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks