Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2010, 11:23   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
~~how I get when I really crave something. Not that these flippy keys are all that, but hey I want one for the cool factor and the fact that the key is hidden when not in use. ~~~
You have enticed quite a number of people with your 'craving'.

I CATS will not work if you modify the rubber fob in any way/use a structural replica. Now I'm hunting for a central locking fob that can accomodate a Maruti key & the transplanted chipset from my Nippon remote. I can wire the buttons differently if need be. I have not found a reliable source so far that can ship to India without any trouble.
Old 27th May 2010, 11:38   #32
BHPian

I wrote an email to the Geis store, attaching few snaps of my current remote PCB. I also mentioned all the important dimensions of the PCB and key along with the location of the buttons. I recieved a reply asking for the picture of my car key. I did not understand the need of the car key picture. I have asked them back. Waiting for the reply.
Old 27th May 2010, 16:00   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
You have enticed quite a number of people with your 'craving'.

I CATS will not work if you modify the rubber fob in any way/use a structural replica. Now I'm hunting for a central locking fob that can accomodate a Maruti key & the transplanted chipset from my Nippon remote. I can wire the buttons differently if need be.
All it takes sometimes is a catalyst

Well WRT i-CATS, I have read on many international forums about transplanted transponders and they seem to work fine. So if it works for Hondas, Hyndais, Fords and other cars, then why not Maruti/Suzuki?

However it's not something that I would recommend to be honest, but if someone out there wants to give it a try, the chances it would work are really high, provided it's done right.
Old 27th May 2010, 19:15   #34
BHPian

Few months earlier, happened to see a small advertisement in a local newspaper of a shop near my office producing duplicate keys for those with immobilizer.When telephoned to ask for one for my Vista, I was told that the chip for Vista is expected shortly and they are already doing it for most other cars including Marutis. Getting one extra key from TASC has not been easy. They always say they will enquire how and inform me.
Old 27th May 2010, 20:47   #35
~~h
BHPian

I got a reply from GiES.. No keyfobs matching my oval remote yet
Old 27th May 2010, 23:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~h View Post
I got a reply from GiES.. No keyfobs matching my oval remote yet
open up your oval remote and see what shape the board inside is. High chances are that it's rectangular like most boards, with and oval casing. If it indeed is as such then what's the issue?
Old 28th May 2010, 06:54   #37
knp
BHPian

Quote:
open up your oval remote and see what shape the board inside is. High chances are that it's rectangular like most boards, with and oval casing. If it indeed is as such then what's the issue?
yeah, that could be possible. for my xenos bike remote, I opened up and found it in rectangular in shape. So, I went for one flip key and I am able to replace it without any issues.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
The PCB is also oval in shape. The max dimensions being length 4 cm, width 3 cm and thickness 6 mm. The buttons are placed in an equilateral triangle with arms being 1.5 cm long.

I received the same reply from GiES. No key case for the oval remote.

Last edited by MrinalSinha : 28th May 2010 at 11:31.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:45   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
The PCB is also oval in shape. The max dimensions being length 4 cm, width 3 cm and thickness 6 mm. The buttons are placed in an equilateral triangle with arms being 1.5 cm long.

I received the same reply from GiES. No key case for the oval remote.
Ive written to 'GIES" but got no reply yet. But I am really disppointed about the non-availability of oval remotes.
Old 28th May 2010, 11:59   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Ive written to 'GIES" but got no reply yet. But I am really disppointed about the non-availability of oval remotes.
Same here :(
As, knp said, they manufacture the key shells. All of us can combine our order into one and ask them to manufacture the keys for us. i understand that we are still a very small number (max 8 with everyone ordering 2 cases each) and manufacturing this small number wont turn good for them, but still, whats the harm in talking to them once?
Old 28th May 2010, 12:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Same here :(
we are still a very small number (max 8 with everyone ordering 2 cases each) and manufacturing this small number wont turn good for them, but still, whats the harm in talking to them once?
I am interested , even i have the same remote so that makes it 10 now
Old 28th May 2010, 12:54   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
I am interested , even i have the same remote so that makes it 10 now
Epic's remote is different he has got four buttons, so we cannot order the same model for him.

So we still remain of 8 (best case) :(
Old 28th May 2010, 13:12   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Epic's remote is different he has got four buttons, so we cannot order the same model for him.

So we still remain of 8 (best case) :(
Waaaaaitt!!!!!! Hold on bro. Don't count me out yet. Yest my remote has four buttons but only three are functional. The fourth (blue button) is a dummy button and I don't have a clue as to why the remote has that dummy button!!
Old 28th May 2010, 13:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

My Oval Remote Board

Guys! This is what the board of my Xenos remote looks like. It is also oval and I guess not compatiable with any of the flip key casings :-(
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Remote Board.bmp (900.1 KB, 600 views)

Last edited by Epic : 28th May 2010 at 14:01.
Old 28th May 2010, 14:01   #45
BHPian

I am not counting anyone out or in . Just putting in the thoughts.
unfortunately, I cannot see any images here when accessing team-bhp from office. I will check the image once I reach home in the evening. I will also post my remote's image for your reference

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks