Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2005, 23:19   #1

Need suggestions guys

Hi everyone,
i have a 2002 mpfi zen. i want some perfomance mods on it. money is not a problem... any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Old 22nd October 2005, 23:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

Well you can consider putting a 1.6 ltr engine.... Upszie the tyres, k&n filter, free flow. I am sure experts will chip in!
Old 23rd October 2005, 00:39   #3

how much will a 1.6 ltr engine cost
Old 23rd October 2005, 03:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

35k and onwards... check team bhp market place!
Old 23rd October 2005, 07:07   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Well you can consider putting a 1.6 ltr engine.... Upszie the tyres, k&n filter, free flow. I am sure experts will chip in!
Not to forget better brakes to handle the 1.6 ltr. outputs.
Old 23rd October 2005, 13:52   #6
BANNED

how do we do all this....i dont mind buying a 1.6 engine for my car if the price s around 50k
but wont i have to change the gearbox....and the speedometer...and the clutch brakes accelerator...if i change the engine...and wont there be any problem after a few months of driving...???
Old 23rd October 2005, 17:22   #7

thanks aseem for your reply, ill suerly post the pics when its done..... the engine upgradation was never in my mind thanks a lot..
Old 23rd October 2005, 18:48   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam,
Viper is selling his 143 BHP 1.6 ltr twin cam suzuki engine which i think is for 40K.
You can mate this with the Baleno box (dunno how much that is for), upgrade to esteem discs with the current zen discs for the rear for brakes, paint the calipers red/blue/whatever you like, give the car a nice sport paintjob, put a K n N full performance kit and get a free flow along with a polish, ported head job.
You should get 160 bhp + but it may require chassis modifications.
Another option is a simple esteem engine with the same jobs as mentioned above.
Alloys on wider tyres would help to but i guess you can't go above 14" that too with a low profile of 50 or something.
Old 23rd October 2005, 19:42   #9

thanks lamborghani for your reply, if i want to buy any engine will it be used or can it be a new one, i would rather prefer a new engine what do you think. any suggestions for the suspensions. This will be the first time ill be modifying my car dont mind if these questions are stupid. and suggest me a good place in mumbai where i can get my car done.
cheers!!!

Last edited by sam_roks : 23rd October 2005 at 19:47.
Old 23rd October 2005, 20:01   #10
BANNED

Hey Sam,

Give me a call if interested and we can talk. I can take care of all your requirements for you.

Viper 9821421948
Old 23rd October 2005, 20:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

I'm no expert, but, if everyday city driving is what the car is used for, i'd suggest you to get a second hand 1.3l Esteem engine. Putting in a 1.6l engine in a Zen is a little extreme and is primarily a drag spec car.
Besides that having a 1.6l engine in a small car like the Zen would make it a monster to handle. Besides, you'll have to get new brakes, new tyres, stiffen the suspension to make it handle slightly better.
Honestly, i'd rather put my money on a 1.3l Esteem engine, which you should find second hand for about 12-15k. The car and the 1.3l engine are a perfect match. Its just right, its not insane, nor is it a timid car. Besides the eZens have a cult following. The owners would swear by it anyday.
So depending on whether you want an insane car with a 1.6l engine or a mad city car, you choose.
One more thing, buying a new engine will be a VERY expensive affair. Try to look around for low mileage second hand engines. Finding one shouldn't be difficult.

Over to the experts.

EDIT: On the other hand if you aren't looking for a new engine, i'd suggest you get a freeflow done. Get K&N airfilters, and a porting job. I think your car will be a decent performer.

Last edited by shravan316 : 23rd October 2005 at 20:28.
Old 23rd October 2005, 20:24   #12

Thanks Viper for your number number,ill call u as soon as i cum to India in a week. As of now if you clear my doubts it will be really nice, and the rough estimation of all the mods mentioned and any other not mentioned which is possible. so i can make monitary adjusments in advance..... thanks a lot mate cheers!!!
Old 23rd October 2005, 20:40   #13
BHPian

hi mate, my piece of suggestion is to get a sparcely used esteem engine, hot it up n shove it inside the zens hood n u already have near 100hp at ur disposal. the esteems engine is a perfect fit onto the zen n needs no mod to the engine bay. like some one said, use the front brakes for the rear and esteems front on ur zens front. its a very necessary mod! happy driving
Old 24th October 2005, 01:53   #14
Senior - BHPian

mods sorry for going here but i just wanted to know whether it possible to put a baleno engine in an esteem without having to make a lot of changes ( there will obiously be some necessary changes) but only a few is it possible.i didnt just want to start a new thread so im posting here.if its possible i will start another thread as i am serious an plan on doing it.

Rev
Old 24th October 2005, 09:40   #15
BANNED

Hey Rev,

It is definitely possible and not too difficult. Give me a buzz if and when you want to do it.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks