Old 8th January 2014, 09:41   #61
BHPian

Re: Best Windshield Washer Fluid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Yes,

Have been following this from 4 years.

Attachment 1187179

Please finger the attached image of the Screen Wash Concentrate Sachet.

Anurag.
The packet says put one sachet & top up with clean water.
I am sure that the washer unit takes around 2 litre of water.
So basically, its asking us to half fill the washer bottle.

Thanks for the image though. Will definitely use this in all our cars now.
Old 22nd January 2014, 06:32   #62
BHPian

I use a cup of Ezee Wool Wash for 2 liters of Water - works well every time. Colin does the job too.
Old 22nd January 2014, 08:44   #63
Senior - BHPian

Colin + Newspaper (or any newsprint) works great!
Method: Spray once over a 1.sqft area. Vigorously rub over with half a news paper. Repeat on a different 1.sqft area till you are done with the window. Sparkling clean!
Old 22nd January 2014, 11:43   #64
Senior - BHPian

Normal water for me , straight from the tap which works perfectly fine. I dont add anything except when the car goes for servicing where the guys would typically put some concentrate.

I clean the windshield over the weekends to get rid of all the grime / oil etc which might have got built up , for the rest of the week the water suffices
puchoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:25   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
Normal water for me , straight from the tap which works perfectly fine. I dont add anything except when the car goes for servicing where the guys would typically put some concentrate.

I clean the windshield over the weekends to get rid of all the grime / oil etc which might have got built up , for the rest of the week the water suffices
What tap water do you get buddy?

I hope it ain't hard water as it will cause scaling and eventually kill the motor and lines with calcium and magnesium deposits.

Anurag.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:34   #66
Senior - BHPian

Our water is fine in terms of contaminants and with respect to the "hardness" level so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What tap water do you get buddy?

I hope it ain't hard water as it will cause scaling and eventually kill the motor and lines with calcium and magnesium deposits.

Anurag.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:53   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntfreak View Post
Guys pls avoid the use of detergent or shampoo. In the long run they clog and damage the washer motor. Use a windshield wash liq that you get. Or Colin if you want a cheaper option.
Agreed. Normal detergents can be detrimental. What I have used in the past is a Teaspoon or two of Teepol. This leaves no residue and is used with additives by most detergents / washes.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2014, 21:42   #68
BHPian

Is the sonax windshield washer called sonax clear view 1:100 concentrate? How should we use this? I really did not find much information about how to mix it in normal water in snapdeal. Is it possible to get the fluid in the nearby shell petrol bunk ?
Old 20th May 2014, 23:07   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
Is the sonax windshield washer called sonax clear view 1:100 concentrate? How should we use this? I really did not find much information about how to mix it in normal water in snapdeal. Is it possible to get the fluid in the nearby shell petrol bunk ?
Sonax Clearview concentrate 1:100 bottle costs Rs.90/- for about 20 ml. It is available at all Shell retail outlets.

Mix the same with 2 liters of water. I use filter water (any suggestions here?)
Old 20th May 2014, 23:44   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVento View Post
Sonax Clearview concentrate 1:100 bottle costs Rs.90/- for about 20 ml. It is available at all Shell retail outlets.

Mix the same with 2 liters of water. I use filter water (any suggestions here?)
I have been using sonax windshield washer for few years and I am happy with it. I just pour the entire content of the washer inside the reservoir. I add one bottle once in a month. I find sonax better than others. I had used armourall once but was not satisfied with it.
Old 21st May 2014, 09:10   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with others here. Happy user of Sonax clear view concentrate . Does its job so well that i don't have to look at alternatives
Old 21st May 2014, 12:41   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I have been using sonax windshield washer for few years and I am happy with it. I just pour the entire content of the washer inside the reservoir. I add one bottle once in a month. I find sonax better than others. I had used armourall once but was not satisfied with it.
Do try to get the larger capacity Sonax bottle. I think it is 250 ML and costs in the region of Rs.350. Will last about 10 times longer than the small bottle, and costs about 4 times. Should be a better option for you, considering you spend almost 1000 bucks per annum.

I got mine from Tyre empire on Varthur road, but it should be available at Shell pumps, Shopping malls or good automotive shops.
hrman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2014, 20:41   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Do try to get the larger capacity Sonax bottle. I think it is 250 ML and costs in the region of Rs.350. Will last about 10 times longer than the small bottle, and costs about 4 times. Should be a better option for you, considering you spend almost 1000 bucks per annum.

I got mine from Tyre empire on Varthur road, but it should be available at Shell pumps, Shopping malls or good automotive shops.
Got it today from Shell pump near graphite India. I never knew that Sonax bottle was available in 250 ML.
Old 24th May 2014, 14:19   #74
BHPian

Best Windshield Washer Fluid?

My suggestion, LOC windshield concentrate from Amway. It's a windshield concentrate. Can be used both ways, a diluted spray liquid or can be mixed in the windshield water itself. Excellent product. It's pretty decently priced as well. It costs 270/- for 500ml solution.
Old 25th May 2014, 00:44   #75
BHPian

i am facing a problem with my windshield water jet(that thing that sprays water).
Car is a honda brio and has 3 nozzles in 1 housing on the bonnet.of the three,2 work fine.the third one is a bit moody,it will either spray in a perfect projectile over the roof of the car or below the wipers.
How do i fix this?
bread is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks