Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2010, 21:31   #61
BANNED

Can anyone let me know the ways in which i can make my swift DDIS powerful and more fuel efficient?

What is the cost of PETE's ?
Old 5th June 2011, 02:33   #62
BHPian

Re: General question about tuning (Fiat engines)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Having had a long conversation with one Indian member of the enthusiast scene it transpired that hardly anyone wants to touch Fiats let alone increase performance of them.

I personally love tuning Fiats and have done so for many years. And the smaller the better.

The engines are brilliant for tuning.

Out of the 1.9 liter unit we got so far 265bhp and around 450lb ft of torque and know that the engine block can take even more.

The little 1.4 T-Jet engine can be taken to over 250bhp without revising internals.

The Palio 1.6 engine is often being turboed by lots of Greek car owners (in the Stilo chassis)

The little Cinquecento we love to fit the 1.4 engine with at least 130bhp after modifying the engine.

Over here we love it and the results are great even on the smaller 1.2 engines.

Is it really true that you guys and girls don't like tuning Fiat engines?

@admin, I suppose it is the right forum to post as it isn't a technical question, but if you think otherwise, please move it to the appropriate section.
I dont know if you are a regular, but please respond if you are. I am looking to tune my 1.2 FIRE engine (called SaFIRE in my TATA VISTA). I checked and the UK had a 1.2 FIRE turbo'd engine. I have put out requests for quotes of the manifold, Turbo and also the ECU of this. It seems that this 1.2 developed close to 85 bhp (my stock engine is 65 bhp) and 120 or so Nm of Torque (96 stock). Can you please help me with what can be done on my engine. I got a remap done and it is reviing freely with a nice uniform power band above 3K rpm all the way till 6.5K.
Old 11th June 2011, 18:49   #63
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
I dont know if you are a regular, but please respond if you are. I am looking to tune my 1.2 FIRE engine (called SaFIRE in my TATA VISTA). I checked and the UK had a 1.2 FIRE turbo'd engine. I have put out requests for quotes of the manifold, Turbo and also the ECU of this. It seems that this 1.2 developed close to 85 bhp (my stock engine is 65 bhp) and 120 or so Nm of Torque (96 stock). Can you please help me with what can be done on my engine. I got a remap done and it is reviing freely with a nice uniform power band above 3K rpm all the way till 6.5K.
The turbo modifications you refer to are not worth the hassle. First of all you can get quite some power out of the 1242cc FIRE normally aspirated. And secondly virtually all of them died some time earlier or later.

If you really want to go turbo then take the 1368cc T-Jet engine, which is ready for the job and you can extract whatever power you want to all the way up to 250bhp before you need changing the internals. Also you do not need tomess about withthe ECU as it can be taken from the T-Jets with the loom.
CPH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 23:58   #64
BHPian

So let's say I want my T-jet to do about 140HP/250 lbs of torque, do I need a new transmission? Diff?

What would you say the safe limits were for a T-Jet if I didn't want to change anything else - stock brakes, suspension and drivetrain... Of course the Goodyear NCTs will probably have to go, they already are pushed to their grip limits regularly.

Also I'm not looking for an increase in the top end, but I do want some more grunt from 1500 onwards if possible. The top end is reasonable enough for me at this point.
Old 9th October 2013, 16:50   #65
BHPian

I do have a 1.6 S10 with Raj headers. Would be installing a CAI but since the reviews are mixed im in a dilemma. Just wanted to know if a remap for the 1.6 is possible and if so when are you visiting india.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
The turbo modifications you refer to are not worth the hassle. First of all you can get quite some power out of the 1242cc FIRE normally aspirated. And secondly virtually all of them died some time earlier or later.

If you really want to go turbo then take the 1368cc T-Jet engine, which is ready for the job and you can extract whatever power you want to all the way up to 250bhp before you need changing the internals. Also you do not need tomess about withthe ECU as it can be taken from the T-Jets with the loom.

Most Viewed