Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 21:46   #31
BHPian

@ CPH

Getting a new MJD this weekend, awaiting your developments!
Old 31st May 2010, 22:38   #32
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
@ CPH

Getting a new MJD this weekend, awaiting your developments!
Look forward to see it.

Linea or GP
Old 1st June 2010, 11:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
I look forward to my visit in just two weeks to see the Palio in the flesh with an open bonnet for a change.
While we are examining the feasibility of getting more out of the current crop of FIAT engines. Can we also additionally look at some complimenting Braking/Suspension upgrades to harness the increase in power.

And, yes like clevermax mentioned, really looking forward for some options for the 1.2L 8V SOHC Engine.
Old 1st June 2010, 11:39   #34
BHPian

Actually it is "Palio"

will post the engine bay pics once I take delivery of the car.

was looking at this for replacement:

http://www.petes.in/greenrep.html

but now I have the master in my side so stock is out!

Last edited by Makesh : 1st June 2010 at 11:40.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:01   #35
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
While we are examining the feasibility of getting more out of the current crop of FIAT engines. Can we also additionally look at some complimenting Braking/Suspension upgrades to harness the increase in power.

And, yes like clevermax mentioned, really looking forward for some options for the 1.2L 8V SOHC Engine.
Definitively some better pads and possibly slotted discs (not more than six slots). I would not used cross drilled ones as they tend to crack unless they are designed to be cross drilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makesh View Post
Actually it is "Palio"

will post the engine bay pics once I take delivery of the car.

was looking at this for replacement:

Pete's Automotive Products Pvt Limited

but now I have the master in my side so stock is out!
I was thinking it might be a Palio after I posted. Look forward to the pictures.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

I am looking forward to your opinion about 1.2 Palio when you visit India. If you happen to visit Bangalore, let me know.
Old 1st June 2010, 13:18   #37
Senior - BHPian

This might sound stupid but i have to ask, are the 1.2 and 1.6 blocks different or same with different bore sizes. To ask my question in a more simple way, can the 1.2 block rebored to 1.6?

Pramod
Old 1st June 2010, 14:19   #38
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
I am looking forward to your opinion about 1.2 Palio when you visit India. If you happen to visit Bangalore, let me know.
I will not be ablr to come much further than Mumbai on this visit, but I will come at a later point (late summer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
This might sound stupid but i have to ask, are the 1.2 and 1.6 blocks different or same with different bore sizes. To ask my question in a more simple way, can the 1.2 block rebored to 1.6?

Pramod
Pramod, your question is not stupid, The 1.6 engine and the 1.2 engine are different. The bore on the the 1242 is 70.8mm (stroke is 78.89mm), which can be bored out to 72mm increasing the capacity to 1285cc. The block of the 1242 and the 1368 (1.4) engines are identical other than the bore. The 1.4 has got a different crank (84mm).
Old 1st June 2010, 16:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I will not be ablr to come much further than Mumbai on this visit, but I will come at a later point (late summer)

Pramod, your question is not stupid, The 1.6 engine and the 1.2 engine are different. The bore on the the 1242 is 70.8mm (stroke is 78.89mm), which can be bored out to 72mm increasing the capacity to 1285cc. The block of the 1242 and the 1368 (1.4) engines are identical other than the bore. The 1.4 has got a different crank (84mm).
Thanks for answering my questions, that clears a lot of doubts.

Little OT, do you also tune mitsu engines?

Pramod
Old 1st June 2010, 17:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, I am working on your enquiry.
Thanks a lot Peter, I'm looking forward to it, some others too

I guess this thread needs to be re-named "Fiat Tuning Thread" or something similar.

Last edited by clevermax : 1st June 2010 at 17:06.
Old 1st June 2010, 17:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Thanks a lot Peter, I'm looking forward to it, some others too

I guess this thread needs to be re-named "Fiat Tuning Thread" or something similar.

I think if peter provides the required support, we can user your car as a test subject . No i am serious, Lets do it.

Pramod
Old 2nd June 2010, 03:28   #42
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
I think if peter provides the required support, we can user your car as a test subject . No i am serious, Lets do it.

Pramod
I certainly have the know how to tune engines, but one experience I haven't got yet, which is to find the limits on the Indian market. This might sound strange, but there is differences.

First of all I am regularly told about the flooding problem. This means in many cases relocating to a non preferred point of pick up for the air intake.

We have widely avfailalble 99 octane and even 102 octane from the pumps.

Whether the additive packages are different I don't know. Neither do I know what the impact is on adulterated fuel. It might be possible to even use it as an advantage.

Lots of new territory. Anyhow, I look forward to get cracking.
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:40   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First of all I am regularly told about the flooding problem. This means in many cases relocating to a non preferred point of pick up for the air intake.
If the intake is anywhere behind the front bumper, may the engine RIP! We're famous for flooded roads.

The biggest problem you'll want to contend with is the harsh operating conditions for a car here: dirt, heat, water and sub-optimal road surfaces.
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I certainly have the know how to tune engines, but one experience I haven't got yet, which is to find the limits on the Indian market. This might sound strange, but there is differences.

We have widely avfailalble 99 octane and even 102 octane from the pumps.

Whether the additive packages are different I don't know. Neither do I know what the impact is on adulterated fuel. It might be possible to even use it as an advantage.

Lots of new territory. Anyhow, I look forward to get cracking.
The CAI usually ends up sucking hot air due to its placement as per indian conditions, the only reason why people dont prefer to increase the compression is because of less availability of higher octane fuel. But again a question cant a high compression ingine tuned(read ecu programming) to run on low octane fuel without knocking?

Pramod
Old 2nd June 2010, 09:27   #45
BHPian

Quote:
But again a question cant a high compression ingine tuned(read ecu programming) to run on low octane fuel without knocking?
Pramod
you will need to retard the ignition timing for doing this...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks