Team-BHP - Suggest Some Performance Mods for Santro
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Suggest Some Performance Mods for Santro (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/8253-suggest-some-performance-mods-santro.html)

Hi,

Guyz i wud like u ppl to plz suggest me some performance mods for Hyundai Santro Zip Plus. Which shud b available in Mumbai or Navi Mumbai

Also wud appreciate if u cud also tell me the Website or Contact of RIO Design or any other custom designer.

Thanx

The easiest one would be - Get a new car!

disclaimer: I drive a Santro and am not anti hyundai.... But lets face the facts!

hi buddy,
seriously dont go modding ur santro a lot coz its built for a specific purpose and its not meant to be fast.
anyways these are the only two things you should be looking at

1) get a free flow exhaust- for that go to auto mech at sunmill compound at lower parel. its the gate opposite the phoenix mills gate.

2)then add a K&N stock replacement filter(srf) only. make sure no one sells you any other kind of filter especially not the racing conical filters.

with these two ull get a good boost of performance and ur car'll be zippy and sound good too. expext a 15% performance up with these two.

Pl dont go for any body mods as they look wierd in a santro. max get some mags and a good set of radials

before thinking about any other engine mods remember ur car does not have the suspension nor the braking ability to handle greater speed or mods. in fact they can be dangerous.

Thanc V - 16 for ur suggestions will get back 2 u if i need any other help.

Thank You

Upgrading the tyres and wheels would definitely give it a kick in the butt, as I found out.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6876

Quote:

Originally Posted by rareone
Thanc V - 16 for ur suggestions will get back 2 u if i need any other help.

Thank You

Welcome and :) Anytime bud!!

something i wanted 2 do and what i would have done

1. freeflow stuffs frm automech
2. k& n !!!
3. iridium sparkplugs + teh wire
4. alloys and type upgrade
5. some 2lac plus upgrade on ICE :D

anyway do post what u haev done when ur done :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16
hi buddy,

2)then add a K&N stock replacement filter(srf) only. make sure no one sells you any other kind of filter especially not the racing conical filters.

Hey... why are you against universal racing conical k&n filters? Let me know as I was considering it for my swift as there is no stock replacement!

Hey Rare One,

Go ahead and modify your car but remember one thing it is a small car. My suggestions in bold.

1) get a free flow exhaust- for that go to auto mech at sunmill compound at lower parel. its the gate opposite the phoenix mills gate. He is very good at his job no doubt.

2)then add a K&N stock replacement filter(srf) only. make sure no one sells you any other kind of filter especially not the racing conical filters. Fit a conical only if you want performance there is absolutely no problem whatsoever. If you like you can drive my car or ask GTO/Rtech about it.

Pl dont go for any body mods as they look wierd in a santro. max get some mags and a good set of radials. 100% better rubber

before thinking about any other engine mods remember ur car does not have the suspension nor the braking ability to handle greater speed or mods. in fact they can be dangerous.[/quote] I think a santro has far better braking ability than most mid size cars leave asides small cars. FYI people are going about modding zens which has a 1.0l engine and so do your santro.

I'm sure there will always be a diff in opinion and its your call at the end.

Viper

Well,you can....wait,Viper's already said it! agree:

How much would the free-flow exhaust & the K&N Stock Replacement Filter/Universal cost in bangalore ?

u can sell your house and go about modding your car ...but before u do anything be sure that u have a good set of tires with the right rims ....everything else comes after the tires ...for a santro u can fit 165/65r13 or u can fit 175/60r13 ....

whatever you do, just think about it in the begining before rushing into it. and yeah, i want to see the final pics of your ride. All the Best.

hey man im anti hyundai but all i can say is go in for the free flow and the air filter dats all you need you can go and spend a fortune on cosmetics like neons and vinyls and rims but please leave the engine mods and body kits alone it makes the santro look exxxtremely freaky anyway best of luck and yeah if you can get a zen and modify that instead!!just a suggestion though!

Im running stock tyres & rims on my 2002 santro. Car is about 4 years old. There is still a decent amount of tread left. Since I dont plan to keep the car much longer I really see no point in investing on the tyres.

Also :
Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah
How much would the free-flow exhaust & the K&N Stock Replacement Filter/Universal cost in bangalore ?

please: