Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2010, 09:47   #1

CARZ Hyderabad

I recently arrived in Hyderabad and was going through the motions of settling in at a new town; one important aspect of that is finding a good mechanic. Seeing as the Honda service center is in Kukatpally, of all places I was searching for a place closer to the center of town.

I came across this place called CARZ near Hi-tech city. I needed two things; a good rub down for the car and a set of HID's. Both were taken care of pretty well by these guys. I had a look around the place and by the looks of it, they have a reasonable setup, with a fully functional garage and a lot of new equipment.

The garage claims to provide showroom level service for all cars (which should be a relief for Skoda owners who now have an alternative). Anyway, a few days on and my car (Type II city) developed a leak from the power steering rack. It was a nagging issue and Honda showrooms at both Kolkata and Hyderabad did not have the part (rack assembly) which needed to be replaced. They gave me a time frame of about a month, which was no good. The gentleman at CARZ told me he would have it done in 4 days time. He also has a mechanic who was apparently a test/ check driver for Honda (or so his card said) with some 12 years experience. I was quite impressed with the level of organization at the place. I have given the car to them now and will see if they deliver on their promise this evening.

Interestingly, I was speaking with the guy who runs the accessory shop and he told me that they do complete modifications on all cars and that they also provide a one year warranty on all their work. What made that sound even better is that the guys who have started this plan to open up many more of these places across South India and the warranty on the work done at one place will be transferable to other locations.

I'm sure other BHPians know about this place (saw one there when I visited) but there was no specific mention about the place elsewhere. It seems to be a pretty decent setup and I will come to know a bit more about their work soon enough. I will put up more details about the place later on if others are interested.
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:44   #2
BHPian

i have seen this "Carz", while I was in Hyderabad for the "Auto Show South" in mid May, i guess that day it was getting inaugurated (may be on 15th 0r 16th), nice place, it had many designs of alloy wheels too !!
Old 29th October 2010, 23:44   #3

hi dude, i would like to know if you got your steering rack replaced and if yes at what cost?

I own an OHC and am facing the same problem, so if you could let me know about it, that would be great. Thanks!
Old 14th July 2011, 20:51   #4
BHPian

Re: CARZ Hyderabad

Question for folks in Hyderabad regarding CARZ
They have opened a brand new service center in Gachibowli - Any feedback/experiences from anyone of having the car serviced there ?
I am getting my ~ 84k kms Fiat Siena being serviced at New Mars Moosapet - but since I stay in Gachibowli - would prefer this place
Any pointers ?
Old 21st June 2012, 12:30   #5
BHPian

Guys, Any feedback on gachibowli / madhapur outlets?
Old 5th May 2015, 15:00   #6

I've been servicing my car at Carz Gachibowli for the last couple of years. They were good initially when I started going to them. Of late though, they come across as disinterested and their rates are as high as the showroom service centers.

Their work was never excellent but was reasonable. Given that they've started charging higher, I wouldn't recommend them.

I feel that I'm better off going to the showroom, unless I find another mechanic who's good and reasonably priced.
Old 6th May 2023, 10:39   #7
DSC
BHPian

Any suggestions on a good independent garage near alkapur township/ manikonda/ Narsingi area?

Expect a reliable service at reasonable price.
Old 6th May 2023, 10:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
Any suggestions on a good independent garage near alkapur township/ manikonda/ Narsingi area?

Expect a reliable service at reasonable price.
Man & Machine is really good from what I've heard. Haven't used their services but the reviews seem to be of top quality. However, they do service German Brands, Toyota and Honda only.

Attaching their address and contact info:

https://goo.gl/maps/D1k8zeTasLvJhsBD8
Sreesh1009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2023, 11:10   #9
DSC
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Man & Machine is really good from what I've heard. Haven't used their services but the reviews seem to be of top quality. However, they do service German Brands, Toyota and Honda only.

Attaching their address and contact info:

https://goo.gl/maps/D1k8zeTasLvJhsBD8
Unfortunately own a Tata and ASC is as bad as you can expect.
Old 6th May 2023, 15:13   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSC View Post
Unfortunately own a Tata and ASC is as bad as you can expect.
In that case you can connect with Garage 69. My contact there is Koti: 99894 57779.
ballfry is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks