Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 22:07   #1

i 20 Fog/Spot light fitting

I finally got my i20 delivered, registration complete, and thought it would do good to have the fog/spot light fitted (i am not sure what to call it). Went to Hyundai showroom cum service centre in Thimphu.

I got the fog lights (costs around Nu. or Rs. 900). then i was told that it cannot be fitted properly as the bumper needs to be removed, cut out holes for lights. I was told to expect some scratches here and there. Then I asked if he can connect it to the combination switch (same as rear fog lights). Inspection was made and was told that it is not possible, there is no provision. I was told only korean made i20 has provision for connecting fog/spot light to combination switch.

Then I watched them work on an intercooler of a SantaFe (old model). they did not have proper tools to loosen the crimping on the big house. after sometime they started fitting. It was quite surprising that they hammered the plastic screws in (i was told it works). the owner was not around. They did not have the simple tools like philips screw driver.

Then I had secondary thoughts about fitting the lights at the service station and returned the foglights.

Can anyone help me with the above. Is there a provision to connect fog lights to the rear fog light switch in the combination switch.

If it is possible, i will be doing the above at a different auto workshop.

Thank you in advance.
Old 1st June 2010, 22:16   #2
Team-BHP Support

First of all they are not fog lights, they are more of running lights which aid in better vision of corners, especially during rains. I would suggest you hook it up using a separate switch, which can be wired in such a way that they will come ON only when park or head lights are switched ON. You will need to do a small wire tap at the connector from the combination switch.

But if you still insist to power it using the rear fog lights, tap it from the same connector, but from the wire which feeds to rear fogs. I don't recommend this since these rear fog lights are too glaring under normal conditions for traffic behind and every time you turn on the running light the rear also shines.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks