View Poll Results: I have used their services and I think they are
Very good 59 53.15%
Average 23 20.72%
Not good 29 26.13%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 11:13   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)

Well a friends car was at EVO a week back for a complete wiring job and here is the outcome

ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-27092011314.jpg

ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-27092011315.jpg

ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-27092011317.jpg

ICE/ Accessories : EVO (Ulsoor, Bangalore)-27092011318.jpg

satya I definitely cant give you the benefit of doubt because the whole reason this car was at your place was for a complete re-wiring. It was a Saturday and I understand you already would have a handful of installs pending. You might have your reasons,however this was a scheduled one and the appointment fixed a week back.

Come to think of it, over 7 hours the car has been at your place and this is the outcome. Absolute shoddy job !! No intrinsic work here except for ICE cabling and your expertize is that. Put yourself in my friends shoes and let me know if you would have accepted it ? We have been trying to reach you since friday and no luck.

I have gotten all my ICE work done at your place and all my friends who have come to you has expressed great satisfaction with your work.

You have a reputation to retain pal and I think it's time you did something about the boys at your place. I wont be judgmental here coz this could be a one off instance, however just a heads up that you retain the quality of work delivered. People come to you after reading good things about your work quality from this very forum.You know best how to take care of the situation .

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 27th September 2011 at 11:15.
rjstyles69 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 23:39   #47
Senior - BHPian

I was out of country for 5 days and that's why I was not accessible,

Don't get excited, I cannot blame my boys unless I don't see the car myself again, Marutis have very poor build quality, and different people have worked on this car earlier, Panel cilps on Old Swifts and Especially balenos fail very commonly, and something like that could have happened.
This thing too they have figured out after 1 whole week of the work being over, God Knows what went on in that time.
I have seen old Baleno Doorpads separate completely at the pad joints many times,

Before we start posting pictures I think we should get to the bottom of things and find out what had really happened.
I did not get a new car to work on, some panels clips failing don't prove anything.

Bring the car down, I would like to see what really happened.

Last edited by blueraven316 : 28th September 2011 at 23:41.
blueraven316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2011, 18:49   #48
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well a friends car was at EVO a week back for a complete wiring job and here is the outcome
Shocking. It's one month up. Has the issue been resolved?
Old 28th October 2011, 15:19   #49
BANNED

The work at EVO's is kind of okish if you stand over and get the job done else if you leave to their techincians they really come out shoddy and they dirty the car too. Satya if he takes personal interest then it would come out excellent so all those praising his oulet here must have gotten this attention, but not all jobs can be done that way and its very inefficient having the boss monitor every single jobs and the result is there for many other who have gotten the other side of it.

On average it's average I would conclude, many unkown shops do a much better work because they don't have a reputation to depend on.
zaks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 23:13   #50
BHPian

I was looking to get a double din HU for a civic from out of town
Can i get an estimate of how much the dash kit for the civic would cost including installation?
Old 26th June 2012, 09:20   #51
BHPian

I did some installs at his workshop:

The goods:
1. Treats his customers like a friend. Ordered burgers/coke for himself/myself. While no lunch is free (he actually paid), but this individual care makes you feel pampered.
2. Spent time till midnight to complete my car's work. Did my damping and ICE upgrade
3. Gives you nice compatible packages and bucketed in different budgets.
4. Learnt from past mistakes and applies proactively. He did not recommend a gas cutting for rear parcel tray (for bass to percolate inside). He has access to wonderful "mama" who does all this tough job of cutting and splicing.
5. He has good knowledge in killing jarring and tuning. I will recommend him for the end result he gives. I do not know if there is any one better than him, but he is "paisa vasool". He will do the fiberglassing/art leather cladding for weaker parts that rattle.
6. He has a goodwill due to his hands-on from maruti 800 to a merc.

The bad:
1. He does not have all of the inventory. Some are sourced from S.P. Road or "Ashok Jain" (Konark Auto accessories near forum koramangala). If you bargain more he will obviously have lesser margin. Or, he will try to adjust in labour charges. Attention to you can be directly proportional to margin you are offering. His quality to the customer is driven by customer budget. I did not negotiate and that's why I was pampered.
2. His friends are sometimes a big pain. Not only do they sometimes waste the precious "parking" space for "potential customers", they cause distraction to customers. They trying selling their services and offer consultation. Some will even go to the extent of offering custom grills, painting your headlamps. The sole purpose of visiting his showroom is polluted.
3. Avoid visiting on saturday/sunday - you might be disappointed.

Last edited by devsoftech : 26th June 2012 at 09:23.
devsoftech is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 00:52   #52
BHPian

Guys,

I am planning to get ICE fitment on my scorpio. Do you guys have some other suggestions. reading about evo, it seems there service has degraded with time.
Old 30th June 2012, 16:45   #53
Senior - BHPian

Almost, every where I hear of satya (evo) as a good installer, and have come to know that apart from him the only good installer is his Guru/ master. This is according to the online posts here and there.

I too went for consultation and option for system install for my car. He was a good listner, gave me 3-4 options, price wise i cannot comment as i know nothing. But I found him reccomending certain products, which do not clicked for me.

But speaking to him atleast gave me an idea of what components / systems would suit my requirments.
Old 16th August 2012, 21:36   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
Guys,

I am planning to get ICE fitment on my scorpio. Do you guys have some other suggestions. reading about evo, it seems there service has degraded with time.
Try Anwar [Ex Autofusion]. He is now "TopGear" I guess. His installs are superb and treats all cars with equal care.
Old 17th August 2012, 09:21   #55
BHPian

I went to EVO and found the install good and neat.
Old 26th September 2012, 09:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Try Anwar [Ex Autofusion]. He is now "TopGear" I guess. His installs are superb and treats all cars with equal care.
I'm looking for an alternative and this may sound like it. Mind PM'ing me the contact details please ?
Old 26th September 2012, 20:30   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
I'm looking for an alternative and this may sound like it. Mind PM'ing me the contact details please ?
I have used the below thread for replying since it may not be nice to share Anwar's details on someone else's thread!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2916120
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2012, 19:27   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

I got our Civic's audio install done here. The Civic needs a dash kit to install any HU. We went in for the Pioneer something touch screen HU.

The prices were good though I felt the price for the dash kit was a little high. For me, the quality of the job is more important than the price so I didnt make it an issue(still am not!). The price for the HU was quite good. I checked elsewhere and found Satya to be reasonable.

I didnt hve any opinions or preferences and just went with his suggestion. Install was quite neat and done pretty much on time.

Would recommend him to others based on my experience.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2012, 13:29   #59
BHPian

Hey Nikhil,
Would you mind sharing installation pictures of your civic?
Would like to see the final finish
Old 30th September 2012, 16:39   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Raghav, it has been more than 3 months since we got it done. The car is currently being used by dad. Will try to take pics and post it here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks